Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's been a while since I've been on those threads.

My main goal for this month is to finish the next version of Orange Season.

There's still a lot to do. On the last couple of months I basically remade the whole game, in a much more organized way.

Now I have to test and fix everything again. I hope I can have it working by the middle of the month. After that, I want to start my greenlight campaign.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
+ Found someone to collaborate with on a project similar to he programmer calling in my signature. So my goal is to have a functional representation of it (Although it likely won't be released soon, I will have it in hand for personal purposes and I'll show the progress made, of course.)

+ Learning how to do maps and tints with my girlfriend on a demo project outside of the main game project (The one that will be my team's effort.)

Khas Light Effects + edits to the light, tint, etc. produces a quite nice dark and mysterious type of effect. It probably will go through more changes when the game is released, but I think it comes along good for a pair of newbies. The light flickers on the portraits as well, mimicking that their sprites are standing on the twitching glow of their magic symbol. Just a nice touch in my opinion.

My personal goal for the above project is to learn branching events and have a solid demo of the demo game (Hahaha) at the month's end. I'm running a team who are all learning ACE so my pace is slow... Because I'm helping them catch up with me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hollow

(◡‿◡✿)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
June Goals:

• Finish what's left of level one's maps (four total).
  • Add hidden items/treasure chests and object descriptions for said maps.
  • Input enemies into database and balance their stats.
  • Brainstorm ideas for and plan out opening cutscene.
I've also been given a deadline to release a demo. One of my beta testers has requested that this be one of her birthday presents, so I'm aiming to have a forum thread up and the demo sent out to testers by July 18th. :)

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm going to a lot of doctors and travelling to three different states for most of June but I still have time to knock a few things out. For the last couple days I've been focusing on getting my characters fully designed and colored so I can work on obtaining assets for them.

Last night I finished this one. Her name is Paella, yes like the rice dish. I was listening to a ton of traditional Spanish music, which caused a craving for paella, which turned into the creating of this character. Her design is based off saffron, a very important ingredient in paella. 

I plan for her to be a major NPC.

So this month (while I'm still in town) I want to

• Design the rest of my major characters (that would be two more). They have various sketches but nothing fully lined and colored. Annnd
  • Perhaps I'll knock out a few more minor characters, NPCs, and battler enemies. I have a lot of sketches of those guys, too.
  • Maybe while I'm gone I can map on my laptop in the hotel at the end of the night. XD

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
June goals

Do all the maps up until the end of the game (hahahaha, that's loads, I know I shall fail this one)

And in best Kickstarter mode, my stretch goals will be:

Begin to put events on some of these

Finalise the music for the different locations in this whole section

Track down at least some of the enemy graphics I'm going to need

CrazyCrab

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Hmm I wish I could get back to work, but I'm waiting for IGMC to get announced...

I guess I can come up with some ideas and characters in the meantime though.

Good luck with your goals everyone. :)

imascribble

The Dinosaur Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My goals for June:

TRIBULATION:

- Do the interior maps for the main area (city, castle, magic guild)

GUARDIAN SPIRIT:

- Get character descriptions done for all secondary characters

OTHER:

- IGMC! (if this month)

- Help other people with projects I've promised to help them with :p

optimum45

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
As of June 1, 2015

The Convergence Project - June

- Release Updated Demo and continue to collect data.

- Continue working the "Historical Record" idea.

- Continue researching other menu options to fill the other 5 slots

- Gather Alpha Test Data and Make Appropriate Changes

- Speak with Artists about having Title Art made

- Begin Gathering Information about the local ComicCon and other nearby events I can use to sell the story.

Project Data (Started March 12, 2015)

Logged Work Hours: 1028.5 (Average: 88.2 Per Week)

Demo Progress: 30% (ish)

Estimated Playtime: Two Hours

esby

eejit
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Gonna spend the month brushing up on my pixel skills in time for IGMC. I'm planning on working in the Superbrothers : Sword & Sorcery aesthetic, or at least my take on it. I'm considering doing an adaptation of a Lovecraft novel as a point-and-click mystery adventure afterwards so I'm tentatively using that project to practice and experiment.

http://i.imgur.com/GwrYhwV.png

http://i.imgur.com/7nkUskX.png

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
June Goal :

• Finish the AI I work on. well at least make it functional
  • finish my friend birthday gift (most important)
  • buy ancient dungeon tiles 
  • Eat some pancake~
for the AI it's progress really fast I will just have to found someone for help me in spellchecking for the explanation in the scripts due how it's complexe 

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Having the IGMC start so much later than I thought is going to mess up my plans for the year.  I'm going to finish the Halloween tiles I started making last year in the Old School Modern style so that they'll be done and ready to be released in plenty of time before Halloween this year.  If IGMC starts this month I'll definitely be doing that too.  Hopefully I can get in a little work for one of my other sets too but I'm not expecting it.

wynautastronaut

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone. Haven't been around lately, but I have been working on my project and I got a lot done last month. For this month, I would like to have a 2-3 hour demo complete. I still have do to a lot of little things, but I'm relieved the foundation for it is all there. Most of what I have to do now is write, event, and edit. Oh, and I found some amazing free music I can use. 

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
June is a pretty busy month for me as I'm teaching 6 week summer classes (this is week 2 of 6 right now), so my goals will need to be small this time around. Hopefully July will be better.

June goals:

-Finish the database rebalancing

-Test the rebalance in my side project to get a better feel for how the numbers work together. This will hopefully let me know if I need to rebalance how DEF and MDF are working in my game.

-Implement 2 of the 5 towns for Chapter 4.

Stretch Goals:

-Finish Chapter 4. This is very unlikely to happen unless I do a skeleton implementation, but I'll put it here in case I, by some miracle, get more free time this month.

Chiara

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Everyone: Lots of motivation, determination, discipline and whatever else you may need for working towards your goals!

It's evening where I live and I've been outside all day and my eyes are itching it's driving me insane (fellow people with pollen allergy, you may know what I mean) and I'm tired so I didn't get anything done today (and doubt this will change the two or so hours before going to sleep), so, time to think about goals.

Goals for June:

• designs! Work on designs for characters, environments, architecture, etc. – only focus on the "camp" (some kind of hub for the player) for now (note: I've already worked a bit on designs for walls and doors yesterday, but my designs tend to suck in the afternoon >_>")
  • layout, planning, ideally even a map and events for the future non-placeholder map of the "camp" (currently working on mostly ugly placeholder maps but my motivation demands something pretty to work on at times)
  • continue doing placeholder maps/events/texts (to practice, to test things out, etc.) so I can ensure I do things inside the editor and don't fall back into the depths of "only planning" (confession: I also spent some time planning yesterday. And defining more of the story for the early parts)
In general, my priority for Island Crawler this month is the "camp". Though coming up with an actual title may also not be bad.

My personal goals are pretty much the same as last month – draw more, practice writing and English grammar, and survive paperwork – so I won't specifically list them here with pretty bullet points. Trying to be a bit more sociable in general would be a Nice To Have, but knowing myself, I shouldn't consciously try to do that. ._."

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I said that I needed goals that weren't as vague as my previous goals, so here are my (hopefully) more focused goals for June:

• Do some research and make more medieval village tile. - Google is my friend for this project, so I'll need to look up details and make some useful tiles.
  • Figure out and implement some fun mechanics into my game. - I've had quite a few "hey, this would be fun" ideas that I haven't sat down and worked on recently, so I should see if I can make these come to life (and see if they're actually fun).
  • Write at least half of the remaining dialogue for the game. - Talking to the other characters is supposed to be important in my game, so I really need to replace all of my current "I'll say some later" text boxes with actual conversation text (ideally text that doesn't sound like a robot would say it).

Mushinronja

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Let's see. My goal will be to complete the entirety of part 2 of my game.

Part 1 consists of 1 town, 4 dungeons, and a segment where you played as another group of characters. Part 2 looks like it will be 1 town, 1 city, up to 6 dungeons, and a segment where you play as the other group too.

Currently nearly done with the first town and it's one dungeon, but just sort of a framework without events completed and tested. So the area between the town and city is the next dungeon, then I have to build what will potentially be the biggest city of the game (of course I will segment it so perhaps only a few parts of it will be reachable at this point in the game), planning 2 dungeons to do at this point, then the path to the next city, and then finally the section with the other characters.

I may end up cutting off leaving this city to the next and putting it off for part 3, however.

Lots of work to be done, and hopefully this post kicks me into doing it

Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Honestly dont know what to do this month.

I'm having a real bad story block as in I dont know how to start/advance this game idea i've been having for a while.

Kinda stressing me out sooo i'm gonna take a break for [short amount of time] and see if some story-progression ideas casually form themselves in my mind. ;l_l

In the meantime I'll just play games and draw.

Good luck with your goals, everyone!  :thumbsup-right:  

Hollow

(◡‿◡✿)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Welp, since I posted my goals first thing this morning, I thought I'd go ahead and post what I've done in the time since then. :)

June 1st, Progress:
I went ahead and started inputting some enemies into the database--stats are currently placeholder, but I just wanted to get some names in there. There're three separate gameplay sections in this level, but so far I've only got the first section's enemies down.

In addition to that, I started and finished one of the four maps I need to get done. Of course, this is the smallest one by far (there are two 30x30s and one 60x60 left), haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

tomorrow I'ma go on a cruise for the first time ever... lets hope I'll survive the experience!
Omg! 8 years in this forum :o
Ksi
Streaming the last of the RMN Valentiny event games so feel free to drop on by and watch me cry (whether that's from laughter, rage or sheer pain, who knows?)
Today I went to sleep without setting an alarm, so I could sleep more than 2 hours. I woke up after 2 hours.
Sigh :( ... displaying numbers representing the stats of the PCs for a custom menu in rm2k3 is haaaaaaaarrrd!!! DX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevechtrs