Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, guys. I have not posted in one of these for ages. Finding time to work on games lately is, blech (preaching to choir). But, I am still making a lot of audio and want to keep myself engaged in looking at all you guys gettin' stuff done.

So, for June.

• I'd like finish up a number of tracks I have sitting in my "in-pile." Three is my tentative number of "things I should probably be doing."
  • Start ticking off those boxes for my next set of sound effects. I'm planning some lake/water sounds, summer ambiances, playground equipment, gardening, and more.
  • I'd like to complete my restoration and compression of the MV Audio. I've done the first half and parts of the other half, but it'd be nice to be 100% done with something. 

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My goals for this month are:

-continue testing the gameplay

-fix a few graphical problems

-make a few more battlers for the tournament I wanted to add in the game

-If all of this is done within this month and I still have some time, I will start polishing the events and adding the music, then add the gameplay to the event file. The last thing I will do is remake the facessets and drawn cutscenes, so that the game has the quality of my recent drawing style.

Hopefully, I can write a few more skits, but I'm not sure, so I won't put this on my list.

Anyway, it seems like there won't be long until I can at least update the thread of my game^^

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I finally got a decent amount of free time, so hoping for some decent progress this month. Here's my list of goals:

-Map the southern region for Chapter 8. This requires two castles, a town, an old cave, and a mountain pass to be mapped.

-Map the town that divides the north and south regions.

-Start planning for the north region of Chapter 8.

-Go back and edit Chapter 1 to make it back to release quality. I've broken a few things that now don't quite work right, and would love to have it fixed in case I need to update the demo.

-Go back and edit Chapter 2 to make it release quality. I still have one unwritten cutscene from that section, and need to write the lore that you can find, and tweak NPC's for the end of the chapter.

-Make a few more animations. I'd like to finish up my Energy and Mind Mage animations sometime soon. Got them about 50% done as of this post.

-Decide what to do with the MV game I made on the side while trying to fill in those 2 hour breaks I had all last semester. The debate is between release as is, junk it completely, or edit the maps to make it more a true maze crawler game.

It's a lot, but I'm only working 5 pm - 10 pm this month, so should be quite doable if I stay motivated.

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My goals for June:

-Complete the Second Part's dialogue. I have a few plot points set, but I still need my plot map complete.

-Finish with the NPCs (Populated the maps, just to place the dialogue).

Progress Report #1

-Placed some of the plot points.

-Polish, polish, polish!

-Customizing the scripts a little (nothing special).

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, first to add my goals:

- Make two new modern sprites.

- Completely finish mapping the first episode of Kirk.

- Think of a title for the Kirk game series. (it desperately needs one)

- Make a game episode. Okay lofty there, but I'd like to get a large way through making this thing.

Second order of business. As you have probably noticed, no cute header thingy this time. Mostly because I once again lost track of time and only realized it was time for a new topic when I sat down at the computer this morning. But, after talking to @Scythuz, I came up with the idea to see if there was interest in some of you guys contributing the art for the header.

My thoughts right now, are:

- We can try this through the end of 2016 and see how it goes.

- If you are interested, you can request a month to draw for.

- The art should be themed around a month. We can discuss ideas if you like, but for example. June might be some summer theme, October, leaves or Halloween, etc.

- Your art must be complete and appropriate for the forums.

- Only graphics are needed, I will add the text to it. (Unless you just super duper want to do it, then we can discuss it.)

- Artwork must be your own original work.

- If there's more interest in this than I am counting on, and many people want to play, we will find a way to work around multiple people doing it in one month. For example, December could be a Holiday theme, with people contributing a small holiday object I can put together into one graphic.

VanillaBrocker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
My goals for june:

• finish first world
  • finish first main town
  • finish first item set for second character
  • make at least 30 skills
  • make 10 attack animations
  • make NPCs for world 2
  • finish "Teethie" sidequest
  • make at least thirty skill icons
  • make at least ten speech icons
  • finish all second world's maps

@mlogan totally loved these ideas. I'll surely contribute.

Update #4 | Day 9

My goals for june:

• finish first world 3/4
  • finish first main town /5
  • finish first item set for second character 0/5
  • make at least 30 skills 5/30
  • make 10 attack animations 6/10
  • make NPCs for world 2 1/7
  • finish "Teethie" sidequest 0/10
  • make at least thirty skill icons 28/30
  • make at least ten speech icons 11/10
  • finish all second world's maps 4/8

Extra Progress:

• Fishing visuals
  • Icons for states [burn, poison, freeze]
  • Big version of three in-game paintings

Last edited by a moderator:

The Art of Gaming

Owner of the Green Tunic in Dreamland
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'll be trying to accomplish the following things for June:

• practice coloring with wet media (cuz I suck at it right now)
  • finish some pieces I've been neglecting in Musescore
  • finish my summer assignments
  • start my summer rpg maker project

Last edited by a moderator:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
- Think of a title for the Kirk game series. (it desperately needs one)

Suggestions: Space, Star, Captain, Picard, Spock, ... :p

My goals:

• Restaff~ Work on Restaff~
  • Work on commissions
  • Try to find some sort of planning, so I can combine fulltime+commissions+thesis o.o

So small goals again for me due to the company extending my temp. contract + I still need to continue working on my graduation thesis.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, my turn :

- Once the proofreading is done, I'm going to release a new version with mission XIII.

- I hope to complete mission XIV, and maybe start mission XV. I'm not sure yet.

- Advance the story itself, even if it's veeeeeee (...) eeeery far from the game for now.

It should be enough for now :)

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@mlogan: You definitely don't want me drawing the header...unless you want something that looks like a 6 year old drew it. Or ascii art. I can draw a really mean D :).

6.1 Update: Drew the mountain pass near Raindew. Now the heroes can explore the mountains too, and find more remains of the old town.

Marsigne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Dalph™ @Susan - Just mentioning so they can see this. :)

June 1 Progress: Started a bit slow as I've not been very active recently, but I'm getting the hang of it. :)  I'll be posting progress of a mini-movie I decided to do for June, and hopefully if IGMC comes up, post progress for it too.

jxjvg38.png

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's a good start Marsigne! Do you mind if I give a little mapping tip? (Hope not, because I'm gonna. :p )

With the lake, I would use shift-click mapping to make it appear as if it goes down behind the cliff. There's always some unseen space behind walls and cliffs, and imagining what would be behind there helps give depth. The way you have it now, in theory, there is land behind the cliff, which makes the bridge a bit pointless, as technically someone could walk around the lake. I'd also maybe vary the shape a bit. Sorry if I overstepped with unsolicited advice.

nT4nJQr.png

Nuxill

Ok
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is my first time posting in this kind of thread!!! *v* I'm actually finally working on a game and it's been a lot of fun so far!

My goals for June are to finish pixelling the indoors part of the apartment complex that the main character and one of her friends lives in. I also need to fix the adult base sprite's arms, which I've been putting off since I decided to make all the adult bases a little shorter. I haven't really touched any battle system stuff yet besides the basics, but I'd like to at least finish one location's graphics before I really dive into the meat of the database. 

For progress, so far I've almost finished spriting all the stuff that goes in the main character's room. Basically just need to make a window and edit the dresser to have a back sprite and I'm good to go! I started working on the mom's room but it's just a bed and a painting right now. 

73c5e4ab9df4791ee701e32b2a04f372.png

I figured out how to make doors look how I want using events, and I even have side doors now which look pretty neat imo. 

01e7d38e35b837cac3e640dfe3ff3ddc.png

BigToastie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Well after a very chaotic May on my game (tearing out plugins and current work and putting new plugins and modifying events and replanning what I want to do with the different plugins) I think I am going to keep this month simple:

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/Mapping\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

I feel that now I have redone the core of my game (what is available for the game itself) I want to progress with mapping, I want to lay the foundation for a portion of my game, hopefully to a point where I can give a VERY EARLY tester out to people to see what they do and don't like.

I will post a few maps in the next week for criticism, so I know if what I am doing, people like the look of, and any tips to improve (as I want this game to eventually be available to all) and I want it to be an enjoyable game :)

/\/\/\/\Main Character Setup/\/\/\/\

Currently i have a placeholder for my character (where he's supposed to talk and using a default sprite for ingame testing)however as I want to create a variety of sprites for the main character, so when you hit certain events your appearance may chance (scars / hair colour etc) as well as incorporating a 'Costume' slot so when you get a different costume your sprite will change... I feel this may have a fair bit of work behind it but will be worth it in the end :)

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@MarsigneYes! You're back! More cutscenes? Or a game this time?

6.2 Update: Mapping, mapping, and mapping. Managed to map the caves under Raindew, which means except for maybe 2 stores that town is done being mapped. Also mapped the south side of Pegasi, another ruined town in the area where the group is. Still have to do the main part of Pegasi (north side), but thought I'd draw this while I knew what I wanted there. Then, I mapped about 1/3 of Castle Darkspyre, the first place the group should visit in this chapter.

Still got rest of Darkspyre, Darkspyre interiors, Amelia's Palace, and Pegasi to map to meet my mapping goals of this month (map south side, and the town that connects to the north side). Going to see what I can get done on this more tomorrow.

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@bgillisp You're really making me want to map. Any screen shots?

@Nuxill I adore the art style here. Absolutely love.

June 2nd Not a whole lot, honestly. I cleaned my entire house. Does that count? Clean house, clean mind. Got my work space spotless and washed the blanket I keep at the desk. I get cold; really cold. Can't get stuff done when it's all dusty, disheveled, and cold in here. So, it needed to be done. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Playing one of the two RM2k3 games I was best known for back in the day, one I made in the Spring semester of my Freshmen year in college like 15 years ago, feeling all kinds of ways about it. I have not played this game in WELL over 10 years. I feel a million years old RN.
One of these days, I need to find/figure out how to replicate the Brave/Default system. Heheh...
Are ReSTAFFs a thing anymore? Just curious, not sure if this is thread-worthy, so just musing here
Mr_Petue wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
please explain, why you are voting my commentary negativ.
Mr_Petue wrote on Eliaquim's profile.
please explain, why you are voting my commentary negativ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilhelm