Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
(Just about) June 3rd: I've made great progress on my commissions.  Got a few more to do then I'm hoping to work on restaff if I don't get more work by then.  My art practice is going ehhhh, colouring practice is fine but my lineart is pretty atrocious ^.^;  Piano practice is going well though!

@Ms Littlefish has reminded me that I also need to clean up :(  

Marsigne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@mlogan - Thanks for the advice :p  How does it look now?

kAdM80S.png

@bgillisp - :D  It will be a mini-movie, so like a big cutscene. :p  If IGMC comes up, I'm thinking of entering in and if not, Indie of the Week 5 (a contest). :)

June 2 Progress: Today I've mostly did npc inplementation and some logistics, but I've also been searching for a SE of a Whistle sound and after some searching and sound editting, I've been happy with the result. The whistle also makes other guards closely to hear the sound and go to the action.  B)

fU3NawJ.png

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Ms. Littlefish: None yet, the maps are still a tad rough around the edges. Maybe once I event them, try them out, edit them to make changes and such?

@Marsigne: So a movie told via RPGMaker then?

6.3 Update: Finished mapping Darkspyre, and Amelia's Tomb (it changed to a tomb when the mapping stage was started). With that, I have a basic implementation of all the zones needed in the south side of where chapter 8 is, I just need to map the indoors parts to Raindew and Darkspyre. Once that is done, my first goal for June is done.  

Marsigne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@bgillisp - Yes, although I'll release it as a video. :)

June 3 Progress: I'm still working on the npc's movements, and it's been a bit longer than anticipated. And the fact that I'm taking it slowly...  :rswt:  I'll have to hurry up a bit to finish this section since I have a deadline to meet. :)

n6bRxOd.png

VideoWizard

Dragon Kingdoms Series producer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Things have really slowed down here in the last while, I remember when the 3rd of the month would have us on Page 2 (of the topic). Probably from not having ksjp17 providing feedback (hopefully he gets well and returns soon).

As things have FINALLY slowed down from the longest winter/tourist season I EVER have seen, this would be a good time for me to start on my game, before the summer tourists and storms (we're expecting one storm Monday) can distract me.

Normal: June 3, 8-9, 24-25. Best bet: June 10-16, 20-23. So-so: June 4-7 (potential Tropical Storm Colin), 17-19 (Father's Day), 26-30 (ramping up for the 4th of July) Watching the tropics for possible no activity whatsoever for the 6th and/or 7th.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
True where is ksjp17?

In the meanwhile in the Canadian side of the world...  "I'm melting!  I'm melting!"

Well for me this month -if I don't end into a fat and sweat puddle before- heads and tails... Heads and tails!  (Still on $Eg!)

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Marsigne The layout has a good pull on the eye, but something that does strike me as a bit off is the castle/fort building has a highly, highly maintained lawn. Some grasses will grow in the desert but without a lot of irrigation and human manipulation, most will die. So, I'd either throw in some gardening staff as NPCs or make the grass in the area more thin. :p

June 3rd I've been meticulously laying out the chord structure and melody for this song and making the smallest of adjustments. Double checking. Repeat.  It's going to have sung lyrics; not by me (thank, God), so I am fine tuning the phrasing to guarantee the song is actually singable. My singing is a couple notches above cat stranded on a tin roof in August, so I can at the very least check that the melody will not suffocate the vocalist.

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Progress Report #2:

-Re-balanced the Steal skill and some of the fights.

-Bug fixes, bug fixes everywhere!

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@VideoWizardYou're right about the slowdown. I think it's a combination of factors though, between ksjp17 having to leave for a while, I've been unable to work on it every day (so don't post every day), and I think schlangan got slowed down too. Maybe it will pick up in the summer?

@Marquise*There's a post on where ksjp17 is. He should be back sometime this month though.

@Ms Littlefish: At least your singing is a couple notches above that. I say mine is a cat on a hot tin roof in August, in pain. Let's just say there's a reason I'm not singing for my game.

@AceOfAces_Mod:How did you rebalance it? Reduce what you could steal?

6.4 Update: No progress today, took today off of game dev. So just popped in for some replies. Maybe more work on 6.5?

Henryetha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
@Marsigne Some plants/stones here and there will do it I guess ^^

Now my ToDo for this month is basically making my game ready for a small inofficial demo, includes:

- finishing the database according to the current content (incl. work on some skills and giving runes effects)

- finish NPC rework (have been replacing all character faces, adding bust images, etc)

- finish the last map for the demo + rework on some of the other maps for improvements

- adding some demo-exclusive NPCs (like the "skilltype provider" - will have another name tho; later on, skill types will be aquired in a different and more interesting way)

- creating a bunch of crafting recipes (basically augments)

- going through cutscenes + improve them

- a full testplay

Last edited by a moderator:

VanillaBrocker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
1st june update:

This month started a little rush. I have to finish some comissioned stuff and some things on my game. Looking forward to finish this soon.

My goals for june:

• finish first world 3/4
  • finish first main town 1/5
  • finish first item set for second character 0/5
  • make at least 30 skills 0/30
  • make 10 attack animations 0/10
  • make NPCs for world 2 0/7
  • finish "Teethie" sidequest 0/10
  • make at least thirty skill icons 24/30
  • make at least ten speech icons 1/10
  • finish all second world's maps 3/7

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Some of my goals for the month of June are:

Finish 2 demos for my games.

Buy a domain name/possibly put up a real site (I said this at least once before, things come up)

Print and distribute physical discs with my games on them

Make some of my songs a little less repetitive

Get my Farm Life 2040 game to 500 Downloads.

(Its funny because the second highest downloaded game (Possession) is sitting at 27. Just 27.)

Develop my RPG Maker game controller prototype

How are the goals coming along for you folks?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Marsigne: Seems a little bare, but then again, some deserts are.

@Henryetha: I'd also suggest finding a tester, they can spot things you miss. Trust me on that one.

@VanillaBrocker: Looks like decent progress for 4 days in though.

@upside down name: Gain 500 downloads? If you pull that one off let us in on your secrets, please?

6.5 Update: Spent today looking at the MV game and pondering ideas. Part of the problem with the game is I went into it with 0 plan, and it is as a result a mash of about 2 different game ideas. What I did was I wrote down the two different game ideas, and figured how I could save it without a total scrap and start over. In the end, one of the ideas is now shelved to be it's own game (someday), and now I plan to go edit the game and systems to something to flows together nicely. Though, this does mean I need to redo the early levels of the game, so that is what will be done next when I get some free time.

Henryetha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
@bgillisp yep, that's what the demo is for ^^ For testing purposes it'll be inofficial (a few friends supporting me in my FB group)

Marsigne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Today I've mostly been in my grandfather's house and haven't accessed the project much; and now I don't have access to it because I left it at my grandpa's house. Oops. Can't show the map either but I've been doodling with it a bit. Well, see ya guys tomorrow. :)

BigToastie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Progress Update:

Polished some maps off, got a fix for the waterfall splash graphics being to big (looks so much better now)

Creating my first "Big Junction" Map

>I am doing a 'Zelda Style" game and this is where you will have multiple routes to take to various places (one way to the next main town - staying on the quest line) - other ways to explore the current area more and another that will let you explore an optional dungeon.

I am enjoying designing a Zelda style game much more, as it makes me think a lot more on how I want to connect all the maps together... the only issue I am going to have is creating large 'plains' maps as not everything is going to be linked by a forest.

Just a question, how would you suggest designing a "plains" style map - so it looks like a plains but without it being completely empty and bland? - examples would be awesome!

:)

BigToastie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
OK so I would like some feedback on the recent mapping I have been doing.

I have put in the complete map that attaches south side to the incomplete map (see spoilers)

incomplete63x31_zpsgooh4eq7.png

belowincomplete_zps8eqybmbc.png

please note the actual stuff does line up in game, its different zoom percentages that have caused the stagger :)

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@bgillisp So, in the words of a friend... You sing solo or tenor... Solo (so low) nobody can hear you, or tenor (ten or) twenty miles away, so nobody can hear you.

I've been sort of picking at some tiles for my project that may or may not end up ultimately being placeholders. Mostly I've been working on jewelry, pictures, and my website... Too many things to do and not enough hours in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Uploaded a new Video today where I play Minecraft "The Bridge" please check it out & let me know what you think of it!
I normally only post these every 24 hours, but same-sex marriage is coming to Rune Factory 5 and I just wanted to share it with the world! https://www.xseedgames.com/2021/09/23/rune-factory-5-localization-blog-2/
Today was wild. In the day I worked in my project (and realized I have almost 100 hours wich is a happy surprise), and now i'm having to calm my boyfriend down because of chris pratt Mario.
Mr_Petue wrote on GamchiSamwise's profile.
hey pepe, why do you have a gun on your head? where is wojak?
Still alive! Totally did not finish in time for the Jam (boy that's late) but tl;dr of the last half a year is Work term -> Covid Lockdown -> Sick... again -> Full time Employment. Game stuff has been on hiatus but got a new graphics tablet so hopefully updates again soon. =D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Domosis