First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Henryetha - Will this do?

F9J2Cmo.png

jk2xyMr.png

mQTEYDl.png

Haven't finished yet as yesterday still couldn't access the computer until late and today I've been a bit lazy with opening the program to do working.  :rhappy:  I've adjusted the deadline to accommodate the issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

Henryetha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
@Marsigne It's alot better!

You could also add the lighter grass on some places, it might probably look better in the desert environment.

And the cactus is nice, but I'd look for more resources to have some variants and replace some of them.

Adding 1-2 fossils would be another idea.

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/29443-caitlins-graphical-world/&page=1

There's a tileset free for comercial use with palms etc, would fit nice into your map I think.

http://www.kickbackgames.com/mvfu/
U can just put it there after downloading it (as it's vx ace), for resizing.

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46838-indrahs-mv-tiles/

This Indrah Tileset includes some dry plants + stone variants

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Lost a couple days due to playing games researching ideas. But back with more updates:

6.8 Update: Spent today replaying Chapter 1 and about 25% of Chapter 2 of my game, and fixing little errors that popped up here and there. Most of them were little mapping errors that creeped in when I added in Chapters 5 - 7 of the game (as some of the maps are reused), and some were really old inventory changes that hadn't been fully tested yet. Also tweaked a couple cutscenes here and there, but most of that was one or two line changes.

Also came up with a couple more tweak ideas but want to think on them for a while. Most of them are on where to insert the tutorials as you are learning the game. I only have a basic battle tutorial, but not one that explains how to hit and evade work in the game for example.  

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@bgillisp, I reduced the chances of successful steals (especially on powerful items).

Progress Report #3:

-Another batch of bugs were ironed out.

-Storming out ideas for hunter side-missions (hunting down specific monsters).

-Finished the optional scene in Rengrum (I'll keep it under wraps because spoilers). Three left.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@AceOfAces_Mod: I see. Just a suggestion, but make sure that isn't the only way to get those items. Players tend to really hate having to hope for a good RNG roll to steal items that can only be gotten via stealing. At least from what I've seen so far.

6.9 Update: Spent today editing a couple cutscenes to make the lines better match the character's personality. Also wrote a couple tutorials and removed a couple of the old ones. Then, I rebalanced the stats from my equipments some, but ran out of time to balance more than the base armor and weapon, and a couple others. Will have to return to this more tomorrow.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Greetings one and all!  I'm back - more or less healed up, but still having to be careful of my hands and wrists so that I don't overstrain them before they've had a chance to strengthen some more.

So no game related goals for this month, as I will be taking things slowly.  I will try and do odd bits of feedback, but I don't promise.

Before I go, though, mod hat on - but as it's minor, not in blue text.

@BigToastie If you only want feedback on a map, please post it in the Game and Map Screenshots thread which is dedicated to doing just that.  A goals thread is not really the place for it.  Thanks

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As of June 9th: Went quiet for a few days. I have the full instrumental laid down now. All I have to do is mix it and tighten up the lyrics. Had to work slowly through a migraine. I tried to wait for it to pass but it was one of those ones that just lasts for days, so meh, may as well do something. I really hope I'm fully better tomorrow. We're going to Cedar Point so the rest of the work will have to wait. I know, how tragic. / s

Also started some Restaff items. I definitely want to do another sound effects haul as planned, but I sort of impulse bought a really amazing set of instrument samples and can't help but try and sneak in a few music pieces in too.

@ksjp17 Well, it's still progress. Sometimes it's nice to come in here just to catch the motivation bug.

@bgillisp That sounds like a really productive day. I can really get caught in fine tuning things like that.

Saboera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Goals for this month is to finish the equipment system and its interface.

What needs to be done.

(Mostly Done) Equipment Interface graphics and design. Got a decent mockup of what it should looks like.
(Partially done) Come up with product names and fictional corps / governments.

(Partially done) Attribute stats to each pieces.

(To do) Descriptions.

(To do) Implement the interface ingame.

Was a bit of a nightmare to design something that I felt stroke the right cords when it comes to aesthetics vs usability, with keyboard, controller and mouse support. It has some moving parts as well, so hurray! Should keep me busy for at least 2 weeks.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well... I worked on a couple maps and modified a state I made awhile back, after I realized that State Rate doesn't mean "I have a chance of being inflicted with this state more often" but the other way around.

So! Flu status effect is now: MP Regeneration -20%, Element Rate Ice * 200%, TP Rregeneration -30%, Hit Rate -25%, Magical Armor Reduction: 60, Physical Armor Reduction: 45.

Yeah, pretty nasty! I actually looked up symptoms of the flu for this.

Also, *points to her left* new avatar! Got tired of my old blurry one so I changed it out for a nice picture of one of my favorite King's Quest characters, King Graham, or as he was known back in the first game, Sir Graham. Or as I call him in chapter 1 of the new King's Quest, as he's not yet a Knight there, Squire Graham.

DarkBooDev

Destroyer of Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've created the assets for the first two areas of my game, implemented the save system which I had in mind, accrued several music tracks for various points of my game, revised my game's story to better show the character's motivation, and have started to implement a battle system. 

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It has been a while since I posted, but I didn't make much progress. I'm almost done with the forest map for mission XIV. After this, I need to prepare the tiles for the farm, and the hidden military complex below. But mostly, I've been writing the story itself and playing games ^^

@ksjp17 : I'm glad you can now use your hands. Welcome back ! And you're right, don't strain yourself for now.

BigToastie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Greetings one and all!  I'm back - more or less healed up, but still having to be careful of my hands and wrists so that I don't overstrain them before they've had a chance to strengthen some more.

So no game related goals for this month, as I will be taking things slowly.  I will try and do odd bits of feedback, but I don't promise.

Before I go, though, mod hat on - but as it's minor, not in blue text.

@BigToastie If you only want feedback on a map, please post it in the Game and Map Screenshots thread which is dedicated to doing just that.  A goals thread is not really the place for it.  Thanks

Yeah I already realised about that my bad sorry for that one :)

Also get well soon :) !!

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well, the upside of losing my flash drive the same weekend I was going to do a full backup of it was I'm able to make improvements on the tiles I was working on, and my lava tiles now have a subtle glow to them. When looking at the A1 files, you can't actually see the change in them, but when animated, I think they look pretty darn good. I'm considering giving them a little bit of motion, but I may not.

I'm now using the work-provided OneDrive to bounce my files between work and home. I still have a giant distrust of cloud storage, but I figure chances are good an enterprise-level account has better data safeguards. Plus as long as I regularly copy the files to a different location on each PC, there should be no real issues there.

Random side note: Most days the work AC decides to go on vacation and not keep the temperature at our set point... Now it's working in overdrive and refusing to let the temperature get up to the set point. So confused. And cold.

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@bgillisp, Yeah. I have some of them already availiable, although some items may be only accessible through chests (if they are too powerful).

Progress Report #4

-Another optional scene is done (although it needs proof-reading). Two to go.

-Experimenting with Looseleaf's character designs. These allow more customisation, although they do require the retooling of the maps. Here's the two designs of Maria side by side (as best as I could):

QFioEuo.png

Misc:

-I'll maintaining radio silence the upcoming week since I have my exams.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@DarkBooDevSounds like some nice progress there.

@SchlanganWelcome back to the thread!

@taarna23I've never figured out why most AC units seem to have two settings: Antarctic Cold and Sahara Desert Hot.

@AceOfAces_Mod: That should solve most of the problems then.

@Little Adventurer: Actually, it does. State rate is multiplied to the base chance to gain a state, so if your state rate is 75% then it is 75% of normal (which will lower it), but if it is 150% then your chance of gaining the state is 150% of normal, which is higher than default.

6.10 Update: Finished my number tweaking for items, and also sat down and figured out my base CNT and CRT stat for all units. From there I added in bonuses (or penalties) to the varies classes and even some equipment. Now you can equip an item with a lower ATK but it might have a 33% chance to inflict a critical. How lucky do you feel? Or maybe that armor has a lower DEF stat but you get +10% to max MP. Decisions, decisions.

Also went back over my bosses for Chapter 1 and tweaked their drops. Most of this was removing 1 item from the drop list and replacing it with another.

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Weekly update:

I haven't been able to do as much as usual this week, since my motivation decreased a bit. That's mainly because I'm back at making battler graphics again, which I really hate ^^° But on a brighter side: I've only one more to go ^^ (of four)

Other than that, I've started brainstorming ideas for skits and also wrote a few of them already. I did plan to just write them when I get an idea, but since no inspiration came, I just looked over the most important events/locations in the game and thought of what the group would say about it.

I've also been trying to fix a certain graphical problem in the battles, but I wasn't able to solve it yet, despite getting help. It wouldn't break the game, but it's still pretty obvious. I hope I'll get it working before I've finished everything else Oo.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Actually, it does. State rate is multiplied to the base chance to gain a state, so if your state rate is 75% then it is 75% of normal (which will lower it), but if it is 150% then your chance of gaining the state is 150% of normal, which is higher than default.

...Crap. So if I add the State Rates back in, it'd make said States either OP when stacked with Flu or redundant to Flu, as Flu is basically a combination of what the other "Disease" States I made already. *sigh*

On the plus side, at least Listless WILL be able to have a higher chance of inflicting Sleep like I wanted!

Marsigne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Henryetha - That sounds complicated.  :rswt:  Sorry if I don't implement everything, as mapping is not my focus, and little edits take a lot of time. I appreciate your suggestions regardless. :)  I made some final touches though, to have more variety: 

wF7Rcaw.png

zpF1qfy.png

sYZY293.png

June 10 Progress: Sorry guys for not posting progress, dealing with the last moments has led to a lot of problems haha, but I've finished the hard stuff and I'm almost finishing the part. Tomorrow I should finish the part for sure.

mN35zry.png

Henryetha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
@Marsigne Oh np! These were only suggestions, so.. nvm ^^

The map doesn't look bad anyway :)  Seems like alot of action happening there ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

One of these days, I need to find/figure out how to replicate the Brave/Default system. Heheh...
Are ReSTAFFs a thing anymore? Just curious, not sure if this is thread-worthy, so just musing here
Mr_Petue wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
please explain, why you are voting my commentary negativ.
Mr_Petue wrote on Eliaquim's profile.
please explain, why you are voting my commentary negativ.
Uploaded a new Video today where I play Minecraft "The Bridge" please check it out & let me know what you think of it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasler7