Status
Not open for further replies.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
@BlackRoseMii Happy B-day. This is a nice goal/gift.

I just realized that in the 45 degree top of sprites perspective it is normal the abdomen of the $Eg saw in front will always seems to be higher than the top head while from rear it should be bigger because closer to the viewer...  Except, like most sprites the sides are interpretable mostly as flat profiles.  And I am not supposed to be obligated to raise the abdomen as high... And I lost a lotta time on that and it anchors and intersects the core of the parts of the character.  o_O  Ack!!!

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have made some mad progress on my goals! I have completed a demo, started a new short game, polished up the FIRST game I had ever started in RM, and I have nearly gotten 100 downloads in the month of June for my Farm Life 2040 game. (Now if only I could convince people to tell me what they did or didn't like about it, and i would be set. But for 500 downloads with no hate, I am feeling pretty confident. :p)

Next week, I get to purchase a domain name and put my site online. I will probably do all that on Friday, which will not be June anymore, but the first day of July. However, I can rest easy since most of the other work has been completed.

It sounds like you all are making some good progress with your goals, too, eh?

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
YAY!!!

Addendum from Saturday it is EARLY Monday Morning and bits of my fingers are peeling off on my keyboard LITTERALLY from the sweat and heat!

So I hope you forgive me the mistakes on that... THING;

$Eg1.png

(Wow the image uploader is full of options I didn't recall to had seen before.  NICE!)

And huh... NOPE, it ain't final and again; I won't bother redrawing each tail swings direction for the other direction, once flipped!  And... yeah... I still have joint and tailtacles jobs to do!

Next time I'll try something more easy...

millibaby.jpg
 <joke!>

Last edited by a moderator:

BigToastie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Since it's coming to the end of the month I will update before the July post!

I have almost finished the current 'area' that I'm working on, which links the first village to the second village.

It contains 50 maps

The layout:

You have the village that links through a mine

The mine comes out into a forest

The forest area is linked through large maps (which have optional areas (ruins/cave etc.) that can be explored.

The forest area's main path has been created which is attached to a large plains area, which then links up to some cliff areas which leads to my 2nd town (which will link out to the next area by a LARGE underground cavern.

Now once I have finished the last part that connects the cliff village with the rest of the maps, this area is getting fully evented (quests, items, mobs etc). so going to be a less mappy more eventy month (but will be a nice change of pace)

all in all, a big month in terms of progression on the mapping side! (with thanks to everyones help on the forums!)

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Seems I missed a few days, so here's a great job everyone!

6.27 Update: Spent today remapping Riverdale, and mapping more interiors to Blackmire. Though I've come to realize that Blackmire might need a redraw just because it is too big. Strange reason, huh? Still on the fence on if I'm going to do that, or just live with one town that's a tad too big in the game.

Edit: No one posted since I last posted? Did you all take the summer off? :)

6.28 Update: Decided to remap Blackmire, and finished remapping it. Think the new one is better set up for what Chapter 2 was trying to accomplish. Though now I'll have to retest Chapter 2 to make sure I didn't break anything (adds to growing to-do list).

Marsigne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Marsigne: The epic showdown room?

Yep ;)

June 28 Progress: I'm at a tongue of finishing the mini-movie. The fight is finished, and only some final scene implementations and other minor stuff are left, and I'm finished. ETA is tomorrow, on the General Lounge board.

LoukRay.png

VideoWizard

Dragon Kingdoms Series producer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
MgZao7r.png

0zL1GgF.png

I really have to wonder about the country's resources that went into making sunglasses that size. 

I haven't done as much as I wanted this June. Just a couple images and also fixes to a bug in one of my old, old projects. Hopefully, July will go better.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Marsigne: Did you finish?

6.29 Update: Spent today populating Riverdale with NPC's. Now the NPC's are set for chapters 2 and 3 (some move, some change dialogue based on Chapter 2 events, etc.). Also tested the underwater dungeon and fixed a few bugs in the area. And, while doing this, discovered that the underwater map really needed some major touching up, as I used the wrong tiles in a lot of places.

The map is 140 x 140.

Ugh.

So I did that today, got about 33% of the map done being touched up. I think I'll do a little of this throughout the next few days so I don't go insane though, and will start working on touch ups on the dialogues if the party goes via the underwater route to Tir Koraz.

Marsigne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@bgillisp - I intended to release it earlier, but had came across video quality issues and still haven't fixed them yet.  :|

June 29 Progress: Finished the mini-movie. Starring various forum members, the mini-movie is titled "The Search of The Dark One", and it is about searching for "The Dark One", an unknown man that holds many secrets. You can find the mini-movie here.

Punamaagi

Hero on their own terms
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It feels like June just disappeared somewhere...

Unfortunately, the amount of work I had to do combined with multitude of social obligations left me with little time or energy to work on my game, so I didn't manage do almost anything during this month. >>' Thankfully, I managed to at least write a bit of dialogue for the event I'm working on and jot down the main melody for my battle theme, and I've got some random ideas for other things in the game, so I don't have to say that this month was completely wasted. I'll try again in July - it should contain less obligations and more time for being creative.

I hope everyone else had a productive month!

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Final Progress Report:

-Half of the maps have NPCs with dialogue. I may have them ready by July.

-I'm retooling the diagnostics tool a bit. I've found a way to check for permissions on the folder. Now to find a way to check for space (like that the game needs 100+ MB for saves. At least 1MB should be enough). I am doing this retool to make it more friendly to SSDs (since I'm creating and deleting a simple text file).

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Last day of june, so what did I get done?

-continue testing the gameplay (more or less done. It's definitely better than it was before, but I might make changes later)

-fix a few graphical problems (most of them are finished, but I'm still stuck with the worst one...)

-make a few more battlers for the tournament I wanted to add in the game (done and tournament is also added)

-Skits (done and added)

In the next month I'll mainly focus on eventing. I still have to add the music, though I am a bit reluctant. Mainly because I tend to listen to music while working and I won't be able to do that this time. TT.TT But I'll try to get it done fast, since I'd like to release a new demo next month.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@VideoWizard: Some progress is better than 0 progress, right?

@BlackRoseMii: You'll have to let us know when the demo comes out!

6.30 Update: Ok, so I decided to just buckle down and get it over with, and ended up finishing fixing up the underwater map. All 140 x 140 tiles of it is now shaded, drawn with the correct tiles, and overall doesn't look so bland. However, if I ever get the idea to make a 140 x 140 map again, someone please talk some sense into me. Makes me wonder why all these people say they want 500 x 500 maps though, I think I'd go insane making just one of them.

Still need to fix about 6 side events on the map that have been in the eternal "I'll do it later" list (mainly hidden treasures and some side neat things that let you learn a little more about your party)...and now is later. Guess I know the first thing I'm doing for July. See you all on the July boards!

Edit: Picture of the start of the underwater dungeon, if anyone is curious. That timer in the corner is how long you have to leave or you drown due to the Water Magic spell that allows  you to breathe water wearing off, and it starts at 45 minutes.

Underwater%20picture_zps9hz4qnjp.png

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys, guess what? It's July! New topic is open, I'll leave this one open for the rest of the day, in case anyone wants to get one last update in.

My last update is that despite totally sucking at checking in here, I've actually gotten some game dev done. I've been having reworking and reworking my maps with the POP! tiles and getting a feel for making things in POP! style. I'll try to post some screenshots in July's topic. :D

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Whew! It sounds like we all did pretty good this month eh? Lets hope July brings as much progress with it and perhaps more!

What a month June was! I got most of my goals completed, and one of them I had a lot of help on. So if you played my game, thanks. I started june at 398 downloads, monthe ended with 535! Now i have a new goal of finding out what worked and what could be improved for my marketing...

I also finished a demo, polished my VERY first game i had ever started to near completion (probably end of today) and even started work on another short title. I just need to finish one of my larger projects and I can rest easy for a little. 

The only thing I didnt get done was my website. Registrars (who are reputable...) seem to ask a little bit more for domains then I remember. Next week it goes online. Lol i feel like that is becoming my catch phrase.

Good luck in July everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Lately I have been taking a break from game and resource making so I won't get burnt out. But I am also interested in the Game Jams this site periodically holds. It'd be great if I knew when the next one, if any, is planned.
elexy 1.2.pngSome bust art to be cropped and cleaned. May use in special decision moments. Depending on how it looks in game I may cut it.
Tiamat-86 wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
apparently since its turning 15 years old this year the ps3 is considered "retro". now how old do you feel?
guess that means im an "antique" gamer since ill still play games as old as i am.
"you know your getting old when your childhood console changes ethnicity" lol it turned yellow
I'm making Toilet in Wonderland 2. and tell vinny about it lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RicardodaSilva