Junk

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by DreamX, Jul 4, 2016.

1. DreamX

DreamX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Features

This plugin allows for the marking of items as junk. Junk items can be sold as a group to shops. This will allow players to sell items they don't want very quickly instead of tediously selling one by one.

V1.1 - Adds dispose commands to get rid of an item immediately.

1.png

The plugin adds a junk category to the item list. Here you can see everything listed as junk. Items can be unmarked as junk too. You can make certain items, like the log here, considered always junk, further reducing the time spent by the player selling items they don't need.

2.png

In the shop, you can sell all of your junk items in one go with a single click.

3.png

* ============================================================================
    * Important
    * This plugin requires YEP Item Core and YEP Shop Menu Core. This plugin
    * must be put underneath them in the plugin list.
    * Equipped items that are not independent cannot be marked as junk or disposed.
    * For this reason, I recommend making equipment independent in Item Core.
    * In order to sell all junk items at the shop, the command Custom
    * must be somewhere in the command order parameter for YEP Shop Menu Core.
    * By default, it is in, so if you haven't removed it then you don't need to do
    * anything.
    * If you want the sell all junk command to appear somewhere else in the list,
    * just place Custom in a different place in the command order parameter in
    * YEP Shop Menu Core.
    * How To Use
    * In the item menu, you can set items to be marked as junk. After, you can
    * unmark them as junk if you want. Junk items appear in the junk category.
    * In the shop, you can select the Sell All Junk command to sell all junk
    * in your inventory.
    * Item/Weapon/Armor Notetags
    * <Junk> will automatically designate an item as junk. It can't be unmarked
    * as junk.
    * <CantMarkJunk> will disallow an item from being marked as junk. Good for
    * important items.
    * <CantDispose> will disallow an item from being disposed with the dispose
    * command.
    * Terms Of Use
    * Free to use and modify for commercial and noncommercial games, with credit.
    * Credits
    * DreamX
    * Thanks to Yanfly for Item Core and Shop Core plugins.

Script

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2016
    JohnnyR, wrigty12, Henryetha and 7 others like this.
  2. DreamX

DreamX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    V1.1 - Adds dispose commands to get rid of an item immediately.

3. wrigty12

wrigty12 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @DreamX,

Is it possible for you to add a small confirmation window for the Disposal Commands? Like, "Dispose ____? Yes/No". Just in case the player accidentally selects it and doesn't actually want to dispose it.

4. DreamX

DreamX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hmm...yea, good idea. I'll put it in the next update.

wrigty12 likes this.
  5. ICNstudios

ICNstudios Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Amazing script, you really made things easier. I'm wondering tho, is it possible to make it so that, say if you've already reached the max amount of items in your inventory, and you pick up an item from a chest, or an enemy, it's automatically stored in the junk category?

(since Yanfly's script does nothing to help this, it just adds more items in its category despite it already going past it's max amount)

A use for this would be so that you can rename Junk to say "Storage", and have it be a window that can be accessed in a town. When you can't pick up anymore items, you go back to the town, empty your inventory, and retrieve the goods from the storage.

Or maybe I'm just asking for too much, haha! Sorry if that sounds silly, but thanks for the work you've done so far.

6. DreamX

DreamX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Interesting idea. I should let you know about you this plugin here first, though.

That allows you to use storage. I haven't used it before, but it may solve your problem for needing a storage. There may also be other storage plugins on this forum.

If that does not solve your problem, I may be able to do something like what you've described.

7. ICNstudios

ICNstudios Warper Member

First Language:
    English

That is indeed a storage. However it has many problems. One of which is that it doesn't allow more than the 4 base categories to be shown. (item, key item, weapon, armor) since I have more than those four. (now including the "Junk" category) It won't really work.

Also, it works against Yanfly's item core just like a normal "add item" event. Items won't be transferred to the storage instead, if your inventory is full.

You can loot the storage, surpassing your max amount of inventory items. Basically meaning it can be abused. Say your item max is 100. You buy 100 potions, deposit in storage, buy 100 more. It won't stop you from withdrawing your 100 potions in the storage back to your inventory, giving you 200/100 potions. 

I did check out this plugin before posting my question on throwing away items.

8. DreamX

DreamX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I see. I'll put your storage request on my to-do list.

Edit: v1.2:

Adds confirm window when disposing items

Adds text codes for commands

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2016
    ICNstudios likes this.