Synrec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Project Haven is the project name given to the current game I am working on. This is not the final name of the game.

Project Haven is a game set in a current day era styled city known as Nexus City. This city has recently been assigned a new Meister, Juno, who comes into knowing that the city is not as peaceful as initially put forward by its residents.

Project Haven Features the following:

> Dynamic Combat.
There is no 'turn' here, only a cooldown to return to the battle command window to customize your battle experience. This may be a bit disorienting coming from standard rpgs but a tutorial exists within the game to kick start your experience and jump right in.

> True open world design
The game does have an overlying story to it, at the same time, how you wish to progress this story is dependent solely upon you, the player.

Project Haven 13_02_2021 3_54_56 pm.png

Juno may accept requests from the town residents by visiting the town hall and checking the mission counter. Some missions require that you complete prior missions from the same character or different before showing up. The progression of the world story also depends on your completion of certain requests.

By completing requests of the residents, you are able to build your relationship/bond with them which allows you to make use of Juno's special ability in battle, the soul union.

> Soul Union
A system which bolsters the player's combat ability based on the bond rate between Juno and the person they unite with.

When Juno unifies with another, the main weapon changes in addition to the skills available for equipping. There is also a boost to the parameters but the strength of that boost depends solely upon the bond rate.

> Active Style Crafting System
Crafting is not as simple as gathering items together and hitting a button.

This system works by color matching. Use the confirm button to pick up a color and then press the button again to cross ('+') match. The bigger the color match, the bigger the essence bonus. Achieving double the essence bonus allows for a grand success in which multiples of the same item may be crafted.

> Soul board system
Place runes upon the soul board to gain permanent states or stat boosts.

Placing a rune consumes essence which is directly related to your spirit (or EXP in regular RPG terms). As you get stronger, the amount of essence you have available will receive a natural increase allowing you to slot in more runes.

> Dynamic World
These are various screenshots from the game.
Project Haven 20_02_2021 7_25_08 pm.png
Project Haven 20_02_2021 8_05_05 pm.pngProject Haven 20_02_2021 8_04_47 pm.pngProject Haven 20_02_2021 8_05_32 pm.pngProject Haven 20_02_2021 8_05_54 pm.pngProject Haven 20_02_2021 8_06_23 pm.png

The game features a day and night system which determines which creatures may be present in certain areas of the game. This is important for when filling out missions, knowing when a target is available is useful for planning out the day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The game is currently under development but videos, screenshots and most recent news can be found at my twitter.

Attachments

• Project Haven 29_01_2021 4_32_25 pm.png
    Project Haven 29_01_2021 4_32_25 pm.png
    605.2 KB · Views: 110
  • Project Haven 20_02_2021 7_51_06 pm.png
    Project Haven 20_02_2021 7_51_06 pm.png
    795.5 KB · Views: 109
  • Project Haven 20_02_2021 7_55_41 pm.png
    Project Haven 20_02_2021 7_55_41 pm.png
    453.5 KB · Views: 109
  • Project Haven 20_02_2021 7_55_53 pm.png
    Project Haven 20_02_2021 7_55_53 pm.png
    832.9 KB · Views: 107
  • Project Haven 20_02_2021 8_01_29 pm.png
    Project Haven 20_02_2021 8_01_29 pm.png
    459.8 KB · Views: 137
  • Project Haven 20_02_2021 8_01_39 pm.png
    Project Haven 20_02_2021 8_01_39 pm.png
    537.5 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

Reinarc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This looks really customized, how fun. I have a pretty crazy week at work but if I have time I'll try it out for ya. Just wanted to give a shoutout to the awesome customization and obvious effort put in.

Synrec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks really customized, how fun. I have a pretty crazy week at work but if I have time I'll try it out for ya. Just wanted to give a shoutout to the awesome customization and obvious effort put in.
Thanks, I'll try for a demo release when I finish organizing mission data and events for the game.

That part is a mix of using the engine and raw code so it's taking a while

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
your maps looks amazing, would like to play the demo once it out.
and see how the battle system turned out.

keep up the amazing work :)

Crazya

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I just want to say, this looks really promising! I love games where your decisions can make an impact on the game. (I mean the relationships between the character and npcs).

I’d love to try this however, as unique as the crafting system is... I just want to say; I’m colorblind lol. I’m not sure how you would deal with this for colorblind people but I thought I’d point that out.

either way! Good luck with your project!

Synrec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just want to say, this looks really promising! I love games where your decisions can make an impact on the game. (I mean the relationships between the character and npcs).

I’d love to try this however, as unique as the crafting system is... I just want to say; I’m colorblind lol. I’m not sure how you would deal with this for colorblind people but I thought I’d point that out.

either way! Good luck with your project!
Colourblind is a serious consideration so ill have to convert the essence colors into actual shapes. Thanks for bringing up that point

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Synrec incase of actual shapes, you can leave it in the way it is,
but you can make a option at the start "normal", "colorblind" or something
like that.

there aren't many people colorblind, but still, they exist, but however you approach
it is also totally up to you :)

depending on the mechanic used.

Crazya

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you for looking into it!

like that.

there aren't many people colorblind, but still, they exist, but however you approach

When I say colorblindness, I mean red-green or any other form of color blindness. For the record, 1 out of 12 men has red-green colorblindness. There are more than you think lol

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Crazya 1 on 12 is alot, mosre like 1/10000 or something like that what
I assume, but it's not really available where I live or not that they mention it though.
all the people I know arent color blind or for specific colors.

but it's more than I would realize.

Synrec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
like that.

Why I opted to shapes is because of the types of color blindness it has, shapes make everything easier yet at the same time I'll probably have to add a 'core' to my projectiles so that colorblind people may see them.

Synrec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone, I changed the crafting gfx a bit so that the 'gems' don't looks the same. Should be a lot easier for colorblind people to work with.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that looks pretty nice :) also better than the same shape.
keep up the amazing work :)

Synrec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Rune equipment system

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Light up explosions with QABS and Community Lighting.
qcPQHt9.gif
Doing RPG Maker News #18 | Moghunter is Back, Encrypt MV/MZ Plugins, Isometric Geometric Tiles
Unironically, no joke, after consideration and self-reflection, I have decided that the best thing for my creative/workflow/commitment problems is to spend EVEN MOAR hours a day playing videogames than I normally do. (Micro-thread)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FluffyAmerterasu