Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi RPG fans!

I have a couple of issues I'm trying to figure out to do with escaping during battles. I'm posting on here just in case someone knows and can help solve these issues quicker.

1) I've disabled the party menu in my game and have added "escape" as a skill that appears on the main command menu for each player instead. I'm using the default turn based battle system and right now this escape is not instant when one actor uses it. Instead you have to currently cycle through every actor, and they escape once you've made each actor do their action. This could be a bit of an annoyance, so to save time I'd absolutely love it if the party could all instantly escape once one of the actors have used escape in the command menu. I have already tried using Yanfly's Instant Cast Plugin. Setting my Escape skill as <instant> in the notetags with that plugin works, but it causes the next battle to soft lock. I'm really hoping there is another solution for this.

2) For some reason, which seems really odd, when the party currently escapes in my game, I have to press enter/return to trigger the end of the battle and go back to the map. Otherwise the battle screen will stay stuck there. I'd rather not have to press enter/return of course. Not sure why I have to as by default I don't think you have to do this? I'm thinking this is because there is usually a message box that pops saying "the party have escaped". I think I remember disabling this somewhere in Yanfly's Battle Engine Plugin as I'd rather it not be there. Hmm...

If anyone has a solution to either of this issues I'd be super happy! Thank you in advance!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Both points are because the escape effect on the skill was never intended to be used on actors, it was for enemies only. The party escape option uses an entirely different mechanic.

You'll need a plugin that adds a party escape option to skills and not use the enemy escape effect.
Sorry, I don't know any plugin for that.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I hate doing voice over videos but people said they like hearing about the details.
Modern Town Overworld, World of Solaria Dungeon, 80's Retro-Futuristic Font | RPG Maker News #73

I been slowing down and not focusing on project currently.
I had this idea for VTubers vs MOTHER and its a bunch of Vtubers finding eight melodies to fight a psychic alien and a fat kid. IDK, kinda find it hard to use RPG Maker for more than 15 minutes
Working on some wizard/magic bases:
TestChara-10-hover.gif

I mean, technically it's a flying base but I haven't made any wings yet, so magic hovering is it for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9Animeanetamak