Just an Information...

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by RPGlover2, Mar 4, 2019.

1. RPGlover2

RPGlover2 Villager Member

First Language:
    Italiano
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey guyz,
    I'm developing a game using a lot of resources, that is really important for me. I'm going to distribute it for a fee (it will be released in a long time becouse I want to make it perfect). I'm afraid to forget to give credit to the owners of the resources or to break other rules imposed. What I want to ask if it's possible to give someone my game (when it will be released) FOR FREE and this person check if my game is in order and what can I do better.
    Thanks and sorry for my bad english

2. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Of course you can. It's called testing and most people do it and recommend it, before you release the game.

As for the resources, just be sure to make notes of every resource you use and the creator and add them into the credits. And it's likely that the worst that will happen if you forget one, is someone will say, "You didn't add me in the credits" and you can go back and add them in.

3. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You said you are going to distribute it for a fee, and then you said you are going to give it to someone for free. Which is it?

If you are going to charge a fee for your game, you can only use resources that say commercial use is allowed. Most of the things you buy from the webstore or the steam store can be used commercially (check each one, as they all have terms of use and will say whether you can). Things you download for free might not allow commercial use. Check the thread where you downloaded it from - the artist will normally say if you can use it commercially. Anything that says you can't, you can't use in your project if you're going to charge a fee for it.

When you download something, write down the artist's name, where you got it from, and the terms of use. Then you'll always have that information available.

And if you've downloaded stuff that's been ripped from other games, you can't use it at all - whether your game is free or not.

4. RPGlover2

RPGlover2 Villager Member

First Language:
    Italiano
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    thank you for the informations,
    I mean that the game is for a fee, but I give a free copy of my game at the person who checks, a sort of reward.
    Anyway, I think I'll ask at the owner of the resources as you've adviced.

Thank you Mlogan too

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2019
  5. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    yes, if you're selling your game, you can only use resources that are listed as "commercial use okay"