Just another newbie on the lose

KeyJester

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Yeah, as the title states, but I promise I won't cause too many problems. I think.

Well, I'm Norwegian, so English isn't my main language, but I've been speaking and writing English most of my life so I'm at least somewhat decent in it. I've been a gamer since I was old enough to walk - well, almost, at least - as I grew up with a NES in the house. Though, I'd say that I was someone who played games, and not really a gamer. I became a gamer when Ocarina of Time came out, and my mum gave it to me for krismas that year. OoT really opened my eyes for gaming, and my dreams of working with games.

I'm a writer, though I've yet to do anything proper and public with my writing, and I've been drawing since I was little. I have had some health issues, and because of that I'm on a special pension for disabled people, so my days are... Long. And I spend them writing, drawing and gaming. Final Fantasy, Zelda, Resident Evil... Typical games I'm playing. I'm very fan of the RPG genre. I got RPGmaker2000 back when it came out, but didn't really use it for anything besides making maps for my writing work and roleplaying. But recently, I decided to check if there were any newer versions out there, and found out that yes! There were. I downloaded the free trial for VX Ace (need to save up to buy it - living on a pension makes my wallet slim), and I'm currently just working on testing out what it can do.

So, yeah. Here I am. Yay me!

austingrd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Welcome Keyjester, you'll love it here! 

KeyJester

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Thank you~ =D

I'm already making great use of the various tutorials I've found.

Solo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Welcome, and have fun with the program!

KeyJester

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Thanks! =D I definitely am~

iRonan

Scrub
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Welcome! (I'm Mr.OneDayLate) I remember joining not so long ago and learned a lot from tutorials, great you're reading them already!

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Welcome!  Also be sure to examine the pre-made maps.  To see them, right-click on any Map and select one of the maps.  The editor will load a copy of that map so you can see how maps are done.

KeyJester

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Haha, thanks Mr.OneDayLate! XD The tutorials have been really helpful so far, yeah, and I'm halfway through making one game, just to test the program. And I have started editing some tilesets and sprites, which was easier than I thought it would be. It is seriously addictive, and so much fun!

whitesphere - Oh, I had no idea that was possible. Thanks for the tip! =D

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

just beat ff7 original for the first time since 2010. having played remake last year, I have a much better appreciation for the original oddly enough. I still like some of the character presentation in remake more, but the original's got a lot going for it.
Ever reach that moment in your life when your juggling a dozen or more projects that you know will never be made but don't have the heart to delete them? Ugh, I hate those moments...
:kaosigh: Why must you hurt me so?
my main character isn't the warrior of light or the chosen one, he's a self righteous, invasive try hard who gets ahead of himself and makes a critical error, resulting in a downward moral spiral that, eventually, leads him to truths that make him a better man, and im DAMN proud of that.
Generate Actors, Dark Fantasy Monsters, & I Heard There Was a Chosen One, | RPG Maker News #42

Work on Cat Quest: The Last Catmancer continues slowly but surely. :kaopride: Today I received the Game Over screen from @Finnuval!
GameOver.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kitaaku