Winshifter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
People actually use the resource manager instead of copy&pasting the resources into the folder?

I don't use the resource manager at all, but KADOKAWA just copied and pasted the resource manager from VX Ace
I guess it's one of those things that kind of made sense in older RPG Makers but in more recent ones it kind of doesn't...to a degree.
In RM2K and RM2k3 it made sense because you had to select the color for the background in some of the resource images like charcter sprites and even tilesets. But starting in XP, the background was now transparent by default in the image resources.
Also, in the older versions, you were able to import it in a different kind of propietary image type file called .xyz even when the original was .jpeg or .png making kind of difficult for resources to be stolen since only RPG Maker was able to read that kind of file but not Photoshop or MS Paint or any other image editing software.
In MZ I don't use it because of a weird bug that basically shuts down the program when trying to access any folder from RPG Maker MZ Windows Explorer window, but other than that I would normally use it to import the files to the right folder in the project, it's much more easier than just copy and paste but every one has their tastes.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Turning a specific vibe into reality is incredibly difficult. For instance, this song is one of the ones I listen to when working on my post apocalyptic project, and getting it's "feeling" into the game has been a real challenge.

I don't just wanna regurgitate the numbers I see, I wanna actually understand the calculations I'm making so I'm probably gonna make a post later with some calculations and what I THINK they mean to get some advice and corrections.

Edit: All (Most) of these will be tested in game prior. I just wanna make sure I understand what's going on under the hood if you will.
my girlfriend calls all my little chibi art cute lol... funny considering that wasn't the original art style of the game.
100 problems in RMMZ 100 more problems take one down pass it around 101 Problems in RMMZ
Made some progress on my game, mostly mapping. Learned quite a bit in the process!.

M6eUoTT.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dracul_JOSHI