BigToastie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hi All,

So I have purchased these for myself (all the available MV packs).

I have them all in, in floods of folders and I am just abit ... stuck.

I have a few questions:

Firstly, diag movement, which plugin do people recommend for this? (among other staple plugins for these tilesets for MV)

With regards to premade sprites, where do I use what sprites (I have near 30 sprites for a single character, running straight, running diag, walking diag, walking straight idle etc. and how are all these used/when are they used?

I am basically trying to fully sort out my whole project so its all setup before I start (as last time I started and it all started to get verrrry messy)

Cheers in advance.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Grey Lords Emissary
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
best is to start by exploring This thread and look into This subforum other threads as these questions have already been asked and so far there's no definitive answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigToastie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
some really useful stuff there, thanks!

I feel that I am going to sort 1 pack out at a time, rather than try with all 4 at once, was a stupid move on my part.

Creating a blank project and going to sort where I want all these resources first, and go from there.

I just want structure before I start as I am going to be using all non rtp resources (for the most part) as well as starting to learn to parallax, taking on a lot but have a lot of time...

Hopefully I will be able to post helpful tips in the future!

Niten Ichi Ryu

Grey Lords Emissary
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
btw, welcome to the PVers gang!

my advice would be start by creating some characters as Paperdolls, to get a feel of the character creation resources. Personally, I sorted them all in folders (like pants, armors, accessories...) and once I get a paperdoll I like, then only I create it as a sprite and bust.

Also, as the amount of content is overwhelming, I work only with Bust, Paperdolls and Mastersheet. (also, search in the thread I advised, I made a Mastersheet template with each pose refered). I don't use the facesets I don't like them. Instead, I resize the busts and cut my facesets from them.

Last edited by a moderator:

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
btw, welcome to the PVers gang!

my advice would be start by creating some characters as Paperdolls, to get a feel of the character creation resources. Personally, I sorted them all in folders (like pants, armors, accessories...) and once I get a paperdoll I like, then only I create it as a sprite and bust.

Also, as the amount of content is overwhelming, I work only with Bust, Paperdolls and Mastersheet. (also, search in the thread I advised, I made a Mastersheet template with each pose refered). I don't use the facesets I don't like them. Instead, I resize the busts and cut my facesets from them.

Mind if I have some dimensions if it isn't too much trouble for your busts?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Well, I've decided I'll take a break on making Forgotten Eclipse...and Make a mod for FNF
Trailer for my new game.
last one for a while
MythicRuss wrote on gothicvoid's profile.
hi, i was looking thru ur awesome stuff, and was looking around the internet, how in the heckin heck do i get the hiddendoors to open? im addng them to the doors event but they just appear as solid walls, btw am total noob lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkValkyrieSin