Indra

RM Student
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone, my name is Indra. I'm a 39 yo dude from Jakarta, Indonesia. (Anyone here from Indonesia?)

So I just got into game making recently. Started learning to use GameSalad and published a couple of Android music apps.

Now my resolution for this year, is I want to make my first RPG, maybe a short one.

My first experience with RPG Maker is the old 1997 PlayStation version. I never finish any projects of course. And just recently I went on Steam and discovered RPG Maker MV, watched tutorials from SRdude, Echo, and Yanfly, and I realized this software is amazing, so many possibilities.

I'm currently in the process of developing my first RPG in Indonesian language, it's kind of my "learning process" project.

Well, anyway, I hope to interact with you guys and learn a lot from this forum. Cheers!

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, surprise surprise.
The first one who greet you is an Indonesian too.
Warm greetings from Bogor!

Whenever I see another Indonesian, I get really excited.
There are quite a few Indonesians too, but only few who are active.
@TheoAllen is quite active too.

Your map looks great for someone who are just starting out.
Somehow I kinda believe you have much experience at RPG Maker, but just make a serious project these days.

Hopefully you enjoy your stay and good luck on your project.
Pak Robin's name brings smile to my face. :D

Indra

RM Student
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey @EpicFILE!

Thanks for the welcome! Ah, so glad to see a fellow countrymen in this forum.

Your map looks great for someone who are just starting out.
Somehow I kinda believe you have much experience at RPG Maker, but just make a serious project these days.
Thanks! Well, since this is a learning project, I use many pregenerated maps in it, so I can focus more on the game mechanics. But at least I will try to make sure everything has a purpose hhaha. So far my biggest head scratching is on database and traits/formula.

Please guide me, Kang Epic!

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Nieghborhood Stygian Zinogre
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Indra Allow me to be one of the first to say welcome to the RPG Making family. This is probably the most helpful gaming community on the internet (with the Monster Hunter community being the only close second). RPG Making can be frustrating but rewarding.

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Indra
Honestly, I still have much to learn as well.
But at least I understand the basics so far. xD (also few things about using plugins)

If somehow you're interested with plugins, you should check out Yanfly and SRDude.
They make some great plugins and they provide tutorials. :D

Indra

RM Student
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Indra Allow me to be one of the first to say welcome to the RPG Making family. This is probably the most helpful gaming community on the internet (with the Monster Hunter community being the only close second). RPG Making can be frustrating but rewarding.
Thank you J! Yes, most of my RM questions google results came from here

Indra

RM Student
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Indra
Honestly, I still have much to learn as well.
But at least I understand the basics so far. xD (also few things about using plugins)

If somehow you're interested with plugins, you should check out Yanfly and SRDude.
They make some great plugins and they provide tutorials. :D
Very well noted! I already download some of Yanfly's basic plugins. They're awesome.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Welcome, didn't expect a 39 yrs old dude would still stick on RM in out country lol
Greetings from Blitar, East Java

Indra

RM Student
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Welcome, didn't expect a 39 yrs old dude would still stick on RM in out country lol
Greetings from Blitar, East Java
Hi @TheoAllen! LOL I know, right. Hopefully my 39 yo wisdom will somehow help me finish at leaaasttt one RM project.

Sauteed_Onion

Mmm Tasty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, don't worry you aren't the oldest one here, @GrandmaDeb has a few on us yet, but she's very helpful!

My name is @Sauteed_Onion and I like talking about food and music on my profile, please feel free to come by and talk about food and music, please keep it G to PG rated meow. @Guiguimu makes resources and is pretty friendly too. So many people, @Thomas Smith and @starlight dream are nice too. Really, awesome to see more people popping up. <3

Prez

Blarp-a-barp
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, hi; I'm new by a few days as well. Funny, it seems I run into a lot of Indonesian folks on the internets, although I myself am not from that area. I'm more-or-less in the same boat as you except even less experience, so yes, joy! Also, if you see me say something and slap ':V' on the end of it, don't worry, I slap that everywhere to indicate whatever I just said was in good humour. Good luck with your projects!

Indra

RM Student
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, don't worry you aren't the oldest one here, @GrandmaDeb has a few on us yet, but she's very helpful!

My name is @Sauteed_Onion and I like talking about food and music on my profile, please feel free to come by and talk about food and music, please keep it G to PG rated meow. @Guiguimu makes resources and is pretty friendly too. So many people, @Thomas Smith and @starlight dream are nice too. Really, awesome to see more people popping up. <3
Hey @Sauteed_Onion thanks so much for the info! Don't worry I'm a PG guy myself and I like cats!

Let me say hi to some of the people you mentioned. Hi @GrandmaDeb @Guiguimu @Thomas Smith @starlight dream

Indra

RM Student
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, hi; I'm new by a few days as well. Funny, it seems I run into a lot of Indonesian folks on the internets, although I myself am not from that area. I'm more-or-less in the same boat as you except even less experience, so yes, joy! Also, if you see me say something and slap ':V' on the end of it, don't worry, I slap that everywhere to indicate whatever I just said was in good humour. Good luck with your projects!
Hey @Prez thank you!

ANOTHER INDO?!?!?!? AWESOME, LET'S BE FRIENDS
Hey @Raijinn I assume you're also an Indo? Where ever you're from, yes, let's!

vectorinox

Airport Luggage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Singlish
Primarily Uses
Hai. I'll be watching over you. And your games.

Guiguimu

Walking Disaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello @Indra! Welcome aboard! Hehe well, I guess I could say we are a pretty friendly and united community, and that you will like it here, but that was already shown by my buddies. (And thank you, @Sauteed_Onion for the compliment! ^^ You're pretty friendly too!)
Hope you have fun with us and good luck to all your projects!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I spoke with hudell and many programmer about the Window_BattleLog class and we all just agreed to pretend this class just doesn't exists lol
I haven't been able to solidify a cohesive plot so dropped out of a game jam but, on a fun note, I pre-ordered MZ today! :LZSwink:
So I just spent the weekend...playing my own game. The one I released last year. Yep you heard that right.
Goal for MZ? None... I'm still curious how to finish my VXA project and how it looks like when it actually finished. Which will take at least another two years. Coming late again to the party.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janetjoradan