Just purchased a lot of music and

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Shiro117, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Shiro117

Shiro117 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi so.... I just purchased a lot of music cause of the sale and now I have a problem... It is saying my bgm file does have enough room to add any more music. 

So I am guessing there is a limit to how much you can add?

if so.... is there a way to solve this problem by making a second bgm folder or something?

2.  Nova

Nova Veteran Veteran

Well, first off, are you even sure you're going to use that much music in your project?

You should place all the music in a separate folder, and import them into your game's folder when you need that track.

Audio files are very heavy in filesize, that's why.

3. Shiro117

Shiro117 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    hmmm interesting and honestly its going to be a big game but you're saying use music files when needed. 

and there is a limit and I can understand it being heavy ill have to figure out the themes each time I need a map. I do wish I could just use more off the bat though. Oh well thanks for clarifying

4. nerdypants

nerdypants Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Singlish
    you should try exporting whatever you have now to a PC game first, and you will be shocked to see the size, even with just the MV default images and music it is like 400-500MB for it. Cant imagine if you add a lot more music, and those images.