Just saying hi!

kattywompus

trash bunny
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey everybody! I'm Kattywompus (or Kat, or Rookie... whatever) and I'm new to the scene, and I just thought I'd introduce myself and start getting used to the forums!

I'm a 20-something nerd who recently decided to get into RPG Maker on a total whim. I've been playing around with game making in some form or another for a couple of years. I've made some silly text based games in C++ and Python, and a couple of visual novels using the Ren'py engine. None of them were anything spectacular, (the C++ game was like seven screens long) but I had a lot of fun learning the languages. Lately, I've been replaying a bunch of RPGs on my SNES, and wanted to try my hand at it.

I first started using RPG Maker back when I was in middle school, but it wasn't for me. I started with a much, MUCH newer version (VX Ace lite) and immediately found it much more enjoyable! I've been playing with the system, learning the ins and outs, and coming to the forums for help when I get stuck. All of my problems were answered so well by the people on this forum! This community is impressive, and I became a big fan without ever posting a single question. 

So I guess I just wanted to give some background in what I'm doing and why I'm posting here. I really wanted to dip my toe into the community and become a real part of a fantastic group of people! Thanks for reading~

Jasutin Rai

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm relatively new myself! Welcome to the forums.  

Cadh20000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Welcome to the group!

kattywompus

trash bunny
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Yay! Someone did a playthrough of my game. :D

When you thought you'd be finished with the grid, and spend ~8-9 hours on an arrow. How is this more difficult to than player movement?

Still some bugs hiding in there, but it's nearly complete.

I'm having it strictly follow the path a user draws, because there will be booby trap and other similar mechanics where you want to avoid specific cells.
I feel like banging my head against a wall every time I want to find that post that shows all the plugin header codes. Then I think "next time I find it, I'm going to bookmark it". Then I think "wait a minute ... maybe I bookmarked it last time because it took me so long to find it". Check bookmarks, and there it is :)
... a few of my main characters standing around doing nothing lol. I mostly wanted to see them together on screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tembabavuma11