GreaperGames

I Reap what I Sow
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses

An Arcade Island Survival game!

Come play it now!

Stranded in a deserted Island?Don't know what to do?Well don't just stand there!Do something!

Start Scurrying for resources!Collect everything you need before your HP starts going down!

Watch out when the dark comes!Monsters are everywhere!Play this Island Survival game for 

free now!!!

Screenshots and Features:

Randomly Generated Maps and Resources!

Crafting System!

And Cooking too!!

Time Based Game!From Day to Dusk!

Dusk to Dark!And Dark to Dawn!And back to the Day time!

So come play now!!!

Game Link:

Without RTP:https://www.mediafire.com/?b9edhye8kw2ruly

With RTP:(To be posted)

hiromu656

Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The random maps could use some work, as they don't look very good. But I think the biggest issue is that the game is not very engaging. There's really nothing to do or drive you to do anything. Only at night when you face enemies does it become less tedious (breaking the: grow tree, chop tree, get food repeat). However,the enemies are simply things to avoid so they aren't very interesting either. This is probably just a practice game? Testing what you can do with the engine I assume. The Survival gameplay is there and it definitely works, and if you built upon this it could be pretty fun, just not now. One of the cool things about Minecraft, for example, is that there is a building system that keeps you going. That's really what you need, something that works with the Survival gameplay that motivates the player to keep playing.

Maybe slow down the HP drain, and add a combat system, or make dungeons, towns, npcs etc. Just put something alongside the Survival mechanics to turn this into an enjoyable game. But of course you can keep it as is, it would definitely fit the title "Just Survive."

cockroach

An RPG Jack-of-all-trades
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I agree with this. The game isn't much fun because you already start able to do everything and nothing very interesting comes after.

I suggest doing a techtree, so you make one thing after another. Maybe building a tent would engage the player better, or having trees already existing at the map (having to plant everything is odd...)

The day cycle is too fast too. And monsters coming out of nowhere isn't much fun. They could spawn out of player sight.

And maybe making HP drop slowly and having 0HP actually making you starve to death. (Maybe MP could be a layer of HP, eating gives you MP and once your MP is 0 you start to starve and lose HP)

The random maps could use some work, as they don't look very good. But I think the biggest issue is that the game is not very engaging. There's really nothing to do or drive you to do anything. Only at night when you face enemies does it become less tedious (breaking the: grow tree, chop tree, get food repeat). However,the enemies are simply things to avoid so they aren't very interesting either. This is probably just a practice game? Testing what you can do with the engine I assume. The Survival gameplay is there and it definitely works, and if you built upon this it could be pretty fun, just not now. One of the cool things about Minecraft, for example, is that there is a building system that keeps you going. That's really what you need, something that works with the Survival gameplay that motivates the player to keep playing.

Maybe slow down the HP drain, and add a combat system, or make dungeons, towns, npcs etc. Just put something alongside the Survival mechanics to turn this into an enjoyable game. But of course you can keep it as is, it would definitely fit the title "Just Survive."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

And we're live now!
Yosh! :LZScheeze: Made a video with some cool tips and tricks for MV & MZ.
As you watch, I'm curious to know how many tips you already knew. :LZSyum:

Lol. Just got an Apple support scam... is that a thing now? Well, I trolled them good. I played "H.O.L.I.D.A.Y." by The Wiggles and then told them that the supposed victim wasn't at the call center anymore. He was confused so I let it slip that I knew the scam. He hung up on me.
Tired of scammers? Just troll them. They'll run for the hills.
I'm going to schedule my shuttle to the train station today... after I vote. It's not a pleasant thing to do, since I hate politics. So much negative talk. I can see why it's not allowed here. But about the shuttle. My county has a service called PalmTran, and it's really convenient. They pick you up at your home and drop you off where you need to be. Just give them a date and time.
Titlescreen idle movie player, play some videos if the player sits on the titlescreen too long! [free plugin]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipemills