Just wanted people's opinions on a sprite edit (MV)

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I wasn't sure where to post this since it wasn't for other people's use. (Although I guess you could use it, I'm not super picky).
I wanted to give Peggy the lead of the game a unique look instead of just being the default maid sprite. She is a the Princess's maid and in love with the Princess.

I'm not super good at sprite stuff so I wanted to ask if this looks okay? I mean it's just combining two sprites so I hope it looks right.
$Peggy.png

pawsplay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It looks like you did a good job. If you want a general opinion, I think you have too many soft colors for the sprite to stand out. If you agree with that, my suggestion would be to add some tiny details that pop.

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It looks like you did a good job. If you want a general opinion, I think you have too many soft colors for the sprite to stand out. If you agree with that, my suggestion would be to add some tiny details that pop.
Oh, hmmm, still working on color theory. Mayhaps I should change the outfit colors to help. Yellows are the Purple complimentary color right? Or do you have other suggestions considering I plan to draw these characters.

ObsidianTrance

Pensword, the Old Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It did come together well, but you have the right idea with changing the outfit color. Maybe not black as it would look a maid's outfit, but red came to mind? What color do you see works best for her?

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It did come together well, but you have the right idea with changing the outfit color. Maybe not black as it would look a maid's outfit, but red came to mind? What color do you see works best for her?
Well she is a maid :D , but red would be a nice color, color of passion. Yellow is nice to - good bright color that fits her sunny personality.

pawsplay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe a soft yellow color would be nice. Some ideas: maybe an earring, maybe a headband (lace?).

ObsidianTrance

Pensword, the Old Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well she is a maid :D , but red would be a nice color, color of passion. Yellow is nice to - good bright color that fits her sunny personality.
Oh, okay lol! I didn't know she was haha

The yellow does help quite a bit. Was that the tone of yellow that worked best?

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh, okay lol! I didn't know she was haha

The yellow does help quite a bit. Was that the tone of yellow that worked best?
I think it might be the right yellow. It's sunny and gives off good vibes.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Character selection in games be like
Special Tractor Operation! :kaojoy:
Current status screens for Shadows of the Earth: The Vrila'an Legend. Need to do something about the color scheme lol
Captura de pantalla (259).pngCaptura de pantalla (260).png
My first serious victim in game hacking - Pawnbarian.
Diana Path 2.png
I love these two design wise lol... The high school principal and the captain of the women's wrestling team. they team up as bosses to save the school's accreditation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErichZann