Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
KageDesu Active-Time Battle System
by Pheonix KageDesu

Introduction
Turn-based battle system where each battler has his own waiting time for the battle action (wait timer). After the time-out of the wait timer, the battler can perform an action, and then he must wait for his move again. Each battler turn is independent of each other. The user can only control of the party leader. All other party members are in auto battle mode.

How to use
Add to your plugins folder (file name does not really matter).
Plug and play. Read user manual for more information and details.

User manual https://www.dropbox.com/s/vo8zy6572pnt5di/ATBS.pdf?dl=0

Plugin
Build 202
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6s9vufxk666t4sk/KD_ATBS.js?dl=0

Credit
- Pheonix KageDesu

Terms
Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution, Share Alike, Non-Commercial
(Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike, cc by-nc-sa)

Note
- Plugin web-page http://kagedesuworkshop.blogspot.com/p/atbs.html
- The plugin has been tested only on a new project (without any another plugins) in MV 1.6.1

Last edited:

Sissel Cabanela

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You brought it back, you absolute madman. I remember seeing the RTBS and wondering why the link for it was lost to time. Glad to see you've been improving on it immensely, great job.

After looking through the manual, I feel the need to ask: About how compatible with, say, Yanfly plugin(specifically the ones regarding battle) do you believe this plugin is currently? Or if there is no/low compatibility, do you plan to make the plugin more compatible at all by chance?

Mihe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Amazing work! :LZScheeze:

Sissel Cabanela

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I tried this with a blank project and absolutely nothing happened. Additionally, it seems like the plugin might require graphics that aren't included, since the plugin only comes with the JS file?

EDIT: Whoops, was on the wrong MV version. On 1.6.1 I get an error on test battle start.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'isLoaded?' of undefined

Did I miss something in the manual?

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I completely forgot about the possibility to test the battle from the database editor and did not adapt the plugin for this function. I'll try to fix it in the update. But, does the battle work fine in the game mode?

Sissel Cabanela

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Tested it outside of the the editor and it seems to work well, yes. Once compatibility for database testing is added I'll look into it more.

Arisete™

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pheonix KageDesu
I found a bug with this plugin that is related to the Menu when trying to set skills to
the "Skill Circle" while using the Xbox controller.

When you hover over a skill and press "LB" to bring up the skill circle then change a skill with the "A" button,
it will try to use the skill instead, otherwise it'll play the "Buzzer" sound if the skill is "Battle-only".

Same thing for the "B" button, it will 'Cancel' the window instead of setting the skill for that slot.
EDIT: Same thing happens when setting items as well.

I uploaded a video showcasing this issue.
Note* This was tested using the latest v1.0/Build 201 in a fresh project.
MV Version: 1.6.1

Mizuchi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While waiting for your update in your atbs, I tried this because I want to make another game with fast paced but when I save and load a file this shows up in the console.

Version 1.6.1 and no custom plugins installed.
Tried a new project too with only this plugin and no success from loading a save.

SC.png

Mizuchi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for bugging you again but I have another problem.
It throws an error like this in the screenshot when I started the game.

And I want to show you in battle too(yesterday) because when the battle commands shows up it become so laggy. 60 fps to 30 below it will be like that until I chose a command.

Attachments

NinjaKittyProductions

Professional Murder Hobos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @Pheonix KageDesu . Love the plugin! Is there a way to lower the battle UI... that is move the location of the pictures and interactions down to where they are just above the characters stats on bottom?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

This video really speaks to me...

Stream will be live shortly with a session of the interactive text adenture! Feel free to drop by!
I worked a lot more today and I am thinking about Youtube videos to make to my channel, but I am still looking for some content :D

But I am happy to be back at work :D
Update... no scam calls all day. I think they learned their lesson. And I'm working on a fake anti-piracy video, featuring a fan game I'm making in MV. If I had the permission to make the game a licensed game that I could sell (rather than having it totally free like fan games are required to be), I'd use a really cool anti-piracy screen...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SensualTyrannosaurus