Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Greetings fellow forumers and welcome to my audio showcase where I present to... basically everything I upload to Soundcloud, or at least an example of what I am capable of composing-wise and voice acting-wise. :)
So, without further ado, let's get going with some of my original soundtracks. If you want to hear more, you're invited to check out my Soundcloud profile.

Here's a few of my, what I think to be, better soundtracks I made primarily for the use with (any) RPG Maker. Keep in mind though that I am still new to composing and trying to improve myself wherever and whenever I can. That means if you have any feedback, criticism, advice, cookies or anything like that, feel free to leave it in this thread.
... And what was that with "without further ado"...? Alright, here goes:

"Fighting Madness"
My very first battle theme. It is simple, I know, but I'm really fond of it.

"A Desperate Attempt"

It has become kind of a running gag with me that I'm bad at writing intros to my songs. However, I am proud of this one!

"Forest Sanctuary"

Ah~! One of my favourites. For some reason I can listen to this on loop for hours. :D

"Taking an Effort for the Future"

Tried to combine classical instruments and the synthesizer and this is what came out. Shortest track description ever.

"Where the Bones of Ancient Kings Reside"

Someone want some oriental style music? I can deliver! Most shortest track description ever. XD

Alright, since I don't want to overload you with songs, I'll leave it at that for the moment. Updates will be made though, don't worry. And if you're curious about my other original songs, here's the playlist. You can tell which ones are my older works from simply looking at the "cover art" of the songs. If you want to comment on my older songs that's fine, but I don't really think much of 'em. The heart and bass clef, that's where it's at. ;)

I hope I can encourage some of you to leave some opinions or feedback or advice or whatever you can come up with. :)

Until the next update! ~ Kaimen

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there! Got some more of my stuff for you guys!

"Resume Game?"

My try at a Banjo-Kazooie style pause theme. Inspired by Playtonic's spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie, Yooka-Laylee. :)

"Humid Hollow"
Another theme inspired by the work of Grant Kirkhope. Hear that Marimba? Yeah, definitely inspired by Kirkhope.

"Fight, My Love"

Battle theme. But notably different from my other battle themes. And yes, that was intended.

That's it for today. As always, feel free to leave thoughts, reviews, advice, cookies etc. here if you feel like it. :)

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What time is it? Right-o, it's update time! Maybe you've already listened to these when you browsed through the "Post your Music" forum. If you haven't, well, here you go!

"A Wind that Whispers of Death"

By far my most favourite title I came up with to this point. And, in my opinion, my best battle theme so far. It is a little unusual for a battle theme but I think it'll do. This one was the result of me being bored and spending an entire day in Garageband and Logic. :D

"Treacherous Temple"

Supposed to be my take on a Legend of Zelda-esque dungeon/temple theme. Maybe not as dungeon-y or temple-y as I intended it to be and maybe not as "Zelda" as I wanted it to be but... it's still a decent song. XD

"Calamity Rising"

Oh, this one... Fellow musicians, don't you just hate it when you want to compose a specific type of song but end up with a whole other one instead? Well, this is what happens to me all the time. And this one is no exception. Originally, this was supposed to be a sad/tragic theme. And what I got is... well, it's basically a haunted mansion theme now. One with a Banjo-Kazooie feel to it as I've been told. Well, why not? :D

That's it for this update! And as always, feel free to leave feedback, critique, cookies etc. here if you feel like it.

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Man, I really need to remember to update this thread once in a while. I'm posting so much in "Post your Music" that I forget to post my stuff in my personal thread as well. :D

So, yes, update time. Big update. Gonna post more in a few days.

"Secret Experiments"
I gotta say, it's always interesting when I'm writing music. One time I wanted to compose a sad theme and ended up with a haunted mansion type of theme. This time, I had nothing particular in mind and basically just composed as I went along. Thus I have no idea what this theme actually is. I want to say it's dungeon-esque or maybe a character theme...? No idea.

"Awakening"
Remember that "Forest Sanctuary" theme I composed like ages ago? This one here takes some elements from that and does a little more with them than "Forest Sanctuary".

"Strange Concoctions"
The summer heat was getting to me. This is all I was able to come up with in six hours of composing.
This one here differs a little from the version I uploaded to Newgrounds since this one here went through a somewhat professional mixing by my buddy A'skela. (skelang.newgrounds.com/)

NTakamura

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I like set of this forum. It explain a little of each song. I am just surprised no has commented on this forum. Your music sounds great and it really emphasis the emotion it is intending to convey.

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like set of this forum. It explain a little of each song. I am just surprised no has commented on this forum. Your music sounds great and it really emphasis the emotion it is intending to convey.
Thank you. Yeah, I like to tell a little story to every one of my tracks. I guess I want to give people a feel about how the songs came into existence and show them my view on things. Plus, it makes things more interesting than just having song after song. :)

And speaking of songs... I already announced another update a couple of days ago and this seems like the perfect time for that.

"Malicious Heart"

I tell you, sometimes it's hard coming up with names for my songs. Especially when English isn't your native language. Honestly, I had to look up synonyms of evil in an online thesaurus which is how this song came to its name. It's supposed to be a villain theme, hence the intimidating feel and the marching style I got going on.

"Feel the Beat and Ride the Rhythm"

Now, sometimes it's hard coming up with names, sometimes they just come to me. Like this one. This one is another on of the "melody stuck in my head that I made into a song" type. And in fact, I liked that melody so much this time that I decided to make this my own personal theme. It's not, like narcissistic dedicating something to himself, is it? XD

NTakamura

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am a sucker for evil music. I think Malicious Heart sounds great. I really like the flute and harpsichord combination. I have to agree name are the hardest part of any song in my opinion. 

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This person has been creative again. Yes, I may be playing Splatoon for seven hours a day but I still manage to "find" some time for composing. :D

"Remains of a Kingdom"

Uhm... I'm not sure what to say about this one. This has to be the simplest of my most recent pieces. I had that piano melody floating around my computer for a few months and never really did anything with it. I added a few strings for extra gravity but it's still only a sketch in my opinion. Maybe I should've just left the piano melody on its own... I don't know. :D

"Dim Lights on the Streets"

Ah, I love themes suited for an adventure-type of game. Mysterious sounding and all that. Guess I have played too much Ace Attorney recently. I'm getting influenced here! :D

"Call of the War Drums"

This one is quite interesting. It's not your standard upbeat, fast battle theme. Instead it's aimed to be some sort of battle theme for a darker type of game. Think "horror" RPGs like Shadow Hears for example. Or the inspiration for this particular track, Koudelka. I have also been informed that this would fit as a dungeon+battle theme - so... no music switching for battle scenes. 

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yay, I'm not forgetting to update my personal music thread! Hooray! Cookies for everyone!

"Danger from the Stars"
I tried a combination of strings and synthesizer for this one. I really like those futuristic sounding tracks that combine classical instruments and the synthesizer. I think this one can be used in a variety of situations. I can see it as character theme, dungeon theme and (with a little fantasy) even as battle theme. :D

"Rogue Technology ~ Boss Battle Theme"

I got the weird feeling that this doesn't have enough OOMPH. I was trying to compose a (boss) battle theme that fits with "Danger from the Stars" and this is what I came up with. Another case of "I can't write intros for crap", in my opinion. I might rework this one in the future...

"Mysterious Places"

Okay, I admit it. The reason I switched back to FL Studio, which is the program I made this track with, because I was frustrated after finishing "Rogue Technology". Nah, just kidding. The reason was that I finally figured out what caused those annoying static noises I had going on in FL. So... this one uses my superior orchestra VSTs. It's a little something I whipped together in about three hours. And I must say, I'm proud of this one. :)

Alright, that's it for the time being. Until the next update!

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I guess I'm on a roll with those "orchestral" tracks of mine. Here's two more. :)

"Castle of the Fiends"
I just love the strings of this virtual orchestra. I figured I should combine the violin and the harpsichord, two of my favorite instruments to make a classical castle theme. By the way... composing is really easier when you actually know in what key you're composing. :p

"Great Ruler of the Dark"

I never finished this many soundtracks in this little time. I seem to have a creative spike of sorts... Anyway, this was kinda inspired by one of Nobuo Uematsu's soundtracks for "Fantasy Life" - at least the bassoon was anyway. :)

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update with more new stuff! And shame on me for just copy-pasting the update post I made in my other thread. :p

"Puzzles"

This one was inspired by the "Professor Layton" puzzle themes. I've been wanting to compose something like that for a long time and finally, I did it. I was also told that it sounded somewhat like the "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" although I think that's just because of the instruments. :)

"Noble Lineage"

As the name implies, this is a theme for an evil aristocrat. It's got the harpsichord and everything. :p

"Unconventional People"

Sometimes... there are just people who seem weird at first glance. But upon closer inspection... they're even weirder than you thought. This theme tries to reflect just such people - "unconventional" people.

Saneterre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello,

I really like the songs I've listened to. Could you tell me your terms please ? Can it be used in a commercial game ? (My game will be commercial but really small scale)

Thanks for your work !

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This isn't the resource section.  If you're looking for music to use in games you need to go there.  This is the off topic showoff section.

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

I really like the songs I've listened to. Could you tell me your terms please ? Can it be used in a commercial game ? (My game will be commercial but really small scale)

Thanks for your work !
Just as Sharm said, you'd have to take a look at the resource section. I have a topic there as well, complete with terms of use and everything. If you want to take a look at it, you can find it here. Otherwise you can always just shoot me a PM and we'll figure things out. :)

Saneterre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Just as Sharm said, you'd have to take a look at the resource section. I have a topic there as well, complete with terms of use and everything. If you want to take a look at it, you can find it here. Otherwise you can always just shoot me a PM and we'll figure things out. :)
Alright, thank you for the quick reply

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
*does an 8-bit update dance*
Ladies and gentlemen... let me introduce you to a new and upcoming collection of songs! Introducing...

Kaimen Retro!

A few days ago I announced that I would work on some chiptunes and today, right now (actually a few hours ago but who keeps track) I have finished the very first song of this very retro collection. If you're a fan of the sound of the good ol' days then this is for you!
All I can say is: Enjoy! 

The creation process of this chiptune was very similar to how I normally compose. I just start with (or without) a rough concept and just go from there. As a result, most of the time I have no idea what the heck I've actually composed. Same with this tune here. I guess it would work well as character theme for the antagonist(s) or maybe as a dungeon theme? No idea. But I do know that I did quite well on this one. And that's a good sign for further chiptunes to come.

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With "Kaimen Retro" I want to try and provide a good, retro 8-bit music pack with everything you need to make a game. And naturally, this also includes battle themes. Now, this might be my first 8-bit battle theme but I think it still sounds pretty decent for what it is. Especially when you want to be as authentic as possible and only use four channels just like it was back in the day. XD

Anyway, here it is:

AudioFreak

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You have a good classical RPG Maker musical style going.  Keep up the great work.

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
*whistles the update jingle*
So... I've had this little motive that's been spooking around my head these last few days and I built this song around it in about five of six hours. I think that's a personal record considering how amazing this tune sounds (at least I think it's amazing :p). 

The "hymn of the forgotten", the main theme to-be of my game "Oblivia" (working title).
Usually the soundtrack is not the first thing you create when making a game but I decided that this one deserves to be the main theme of my game.
The intro to this one was the little motive that's been stuck in my head and I'm especially proud of the flute motive I came up with in the process of making it. This might be one of my most "complicated" songs so far and it's definitely already one of my personal favourites. :)

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
*does the update dance*
Anyway, I've experimented a little and tried to create a futuristic-sounding dungeon theme. Don't know if that worked but I like what I've done here. Let me know what you guyses think. :)

A little experiment with a combination of synth, piano, choir and ominous-sounding percussion. The arpeggiator bass and the synth pads add a sort of futuristic touch to this dungeon theme while the piano keeps up the suspense. The string bass brings seriousness into the piece while the choir is there to contrast exactly that seriousness and suspense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

*Buys all the PVGames assets, ends up creating his own ground tiles.* At least I used the other types of graphics? Right? :kaoswt:
If you could fold a sheet of paper 42 times, the stack would reach from the earth to the moon. Do whatever you want with that information.
wishing that everyone stays safe at this time
Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FoxStyle