Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, it's been some time since I last made a chiptune. Gotta say though, I'm getting good with the chip sounds. But listen for yourselves. 
 https://soundcloud.com/king-madness/spice-of-maliceProbably my best retro tune so far. However, it is, again, one of the songs I composed without anything particular in mind. I guess it could be a dungeon theme or a villain theme. Maybe even a stage theme for an action/adventure game or a side-scroller.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So... I haven't been very creative lately but I managed to finish at least one song aside from a commission I did. And that song was more of a practice than anything. I was trying out some new modes and scales and discovered harmonic minor. So... I made a desert theme. There you go. :)

Walking Dunes
To be honest, I'm not quite satisfied with how this song turned out. There's something that still bothers me about it but I don't know what it is. Might be the loop. Might be that I decided against adding choirs. Might be the strings. I dunno. Might rework it in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Couch Flipper t(o.ot)

Philosopher...?
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
These are awesome :D kind of a sucker for the more "retro" style (love byte buster soo much!) All of your stuff is pretty well done, keep it up :) . Also really digging "Malicious Heart" and "Forest Sanctuary" quite a bit.

lol you're right about the "Resume Fame?" track though, it does remind me of banjo-kazooie quite a bit :3

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are awesome :D kind of a sucker for the more "retro" style (love byte buster soo much!) All of your stuff is pretty well done, keep it up :) . Also really digging "Malicious Heart" and "Forest Sanctuary" quite a bit.

lol you're right about the "Resume Fame?" track though, it does remind me of banjo-kazooie quite a bit :3
Thank you very much. I always love to hear that people enjoy my work. And yes, "Resume Game" is actually based on the Pause theme from Banjo & Kazooie, which is why it sounds so similar. Grant Kirkhope is one of my favourite composers and I love his work. I actually wanted to pay homage to him with that song. ^-^

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's time for some more examples of what I can do when I'm promised some money in return! That's right folks, these two songs here are commissions made for a game by @nio kasgami. Now even with proper album cover and all. :3

Alone OST - "Safe Room Lullaby"

This song plays in certain safe areas where you're supposed to save your progress. Will it require a typewriter and ink ribbons? I don't know. I'm just the composer. Anyway, I decided to mainly use "light" instruments in this one. Harp, music box, piano, flute. Add in some choir and you've got yourself a nice lullaby-esque theme.

Alone OST - "Half Rest in Piece ~ Theme of the Zomposer"

Yes, I know, the pun in the song's title is terrible (that is, if you even get that it's a pun in the first place...) but I couldn't think of a more fitting name for this track. This is the character theme of the Zomposer - a character that's actually based on yours truly. Yes, I'm going to make a cameo in this game and this is gonna be my theme. Gotta say, I consider this one of my best works so far. To make it sound less serious (yes, this song is still in a minor key) I used a technique I call "Kirkhope-izing". What that is, is taking a song and apply the typical Grant Kirkhope features to it like the tuba and marimba in my case. Worked out quite nicely and resulted in a very catchy tune. ^-^

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Golly, I sure haven't updated this topic in ages! So I suppose I should do that now before I neglect this thread completely. XD

"I Hope You Brought Your Lantern"

Not too long ago I bought what I believe to be the best retro instrument collection out there, Super Audio Cart and I've been experimenting with it a little. This somewhat short dungeon theme is the first song I composed using those new retro sounds. And I gotta say, they don't disappoint! And yes, all my retro themes made with this are gonna have extravagant names like this one does. :)

I'm also planning on releasing a retro music pack complete with town, battle, dungeon and various other themes. I still have to decide whether to make it free or not - I'll let that depend on my financial situation when everything's done. :)

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After a "basic" retro dungeon theme, I now present you the first theme of my retro dungeon theme collection that I am currently working on. What kind of collection will it be? It'll contain a variety of different-themed dungeon/temple songs for all your RPG and adventure needs. And we're starting off the show with a fire temple theme (which could also be used for a desert-themed area)!

I have to say, I really love the sound of harmonic minor. Your go-to scale if you want something to sound like a desert etc.

I'm quite proud of this one. Took me some time of finish but I'm satisfied with the result. I hope you will be too. ^-^

Fireworker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, this one really resonates with me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

*Buys all the PVGames assets, ends up creating his own ground tiles.* At least I used the other types of graphics? Right? :kaoswt:
If you could fold a sheet of paper 42 times, the stack would reach from the earth to the moon. Do whatever you want with that information.
wishing that everyone stays safe at this time
Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FoxStyle