Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there and welcome to my little box of music! Some of you may actually know me already and yes, I did have another thread in here before. However, I was so sloppy at updating it and keeping it nice that I decided to basically nuke it and start over with a new, better-looking topic. So here I am, delivering my music to you~!

Okay, I should say that I'm not gonna post everything I made so far in here. No-ho, sir. That would be way to much. Instead, I'll just post my more recent stuff (and by "recent" I mean everything that's less than a year old). And hopefully I'll be able to keep this thread all nice and updated this time. I don't want you guys to miss out on the stuff I make. Sharing is caring after all~!
I'm also gonna pack the Soundcloud players in neat little spoiler boxes to keep everything from being too cluttered!

Alright, let the music play! :kaojoy:
I'm also gonna have a little description/story about each song written beneath the Soundcloud players~

This one was inspired by a song from “Fantasy Life” called 魔王の塔 (Maō no Tō – “Tower of the Demon King”). You will notice that the bassoon in my track bares a lot of similarities to the intro of that song. Violin, Harpsichord and Timpani set the mood for a song fit for the main villain in your story.

This one was actually my first try at a calm and peaceful song, believe it or not. What happened was that I was basically dared to compose something that would contradict my previous works. And do so I did! XD

I made this intending to use it as the main theme to the game I was drafting at that time. Well, I never really had time to work on the game but the song's still here. (oh, and by the way, the title translates to "Hymn of the Forgotten")

I had never really made anything like this before, which is very odd considering that I’ve played the saxophone for a few years and this is a jazzy type of song. After a multi-hour composing marathon (I’m looking at you drum track) I had finally finished what’s supposed to be a modern town/city theme. I took a little inspiration from the Tales of Xillia (2) soundtrack for this – specifically from “A City of Another Civilization” and “The Bridge that Leads the World”.

Next are some songs I composed for @nio kasgami to use in the game he's working on~
Meant to be an intro theme to the game - something that plays during the exposition at the beginning.

This one is very special to me. This, ladies and gentlemen, is my first-ever commission (aka the first song that I got money for). The celesta sets a neat music box mood and is supported by some emulated clock-ticking to make an unnerving intro that makes you feel alone and lonely. I’m especially proud of this one since it carries so much symbolism in it – more than any other song I wrote thus far.

This song plays in certain safe areas where you're supposed to save your progress. Will it require a typewriter and ink ribbons? I don't know. I'm just the composer~

Speaking of composer, guess who's gonna make an appearance in the game! ... No, no it's gonna be me. As an undead. And yes, I know, the pun is terrible (actually, there's two puns in the song title - I just now realised that). XD

And now on to something more recent~!
I really love the sound of harmonic minor. It just naturally sounds like desert or in this case: fire temple. This is the first of a series of retro dungeon themes. And yes, they're all gonna have quirky names like that~

Am I convincing anyone yet with the quirky names? Also, I honestly don't remember why the hell I put a theremin in this one. I must've just got it when I composed this and wanted to try it out or something.

"I wanna use synths more"; that's what I thought when I made this. And, well, this is the result of that mood I was in. I didn't really have a plan or anything specific in mind when I made this. I just dabbled around in FL and this is the result.

Alrighty then, that's it for now. If you want to listen to more of my stuff, you can go here.
Other than that, feel free to voice your opinions and any piece of criticism or advice you got for me. I appreciate everything~!
You can also follow me on social media and stuff and I have a website if you check my signature but that's not that important...

For now though... Kaimen out! :kaohi:

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And I'm already back with the first update~! :kaojoy:

Made that as a commission long ago. Actually my first attempt at a more jazzy battle theme. Personally, I think maybe I could've done better but I'm pretty satisfied with it regardless. Let me know what you guys think of it! ^-^

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I usually don't share drafts or unfinished pieces. At least I don't do it very often. But this one I just want to show you guys because I'm so excited about it! :kaojoy:

Heck yeah, I'm finally doing what I've been wanting to do for a LONG ASS time - I'm composing my own Pokémon-style battle theme! And here's a little taste of what it's gonna sound like. I'm already liking it~! What do you guys think?

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now that I'm done with my internship I have more time for composing again and I came up with something for a battle theme contest on another forum. Might as well share it here, too and show it to you guys~! :kaojoy:

To be honest, this one barely sounds like a regular battle theme and more like a mini boss or boss theme. I might've made it a little bit too dramatic but I still like it~!

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
*does the happy update dance* I got something for you! :kaojoy:

I just made this today in a span of only a few hours. I haven't really made anything like this in quite a while so I decided to dust off the old blues mode and whip something up~!

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had to kill about 30 minutes of time some time last week so I sat down with my MIDI keyboard and started hitting the keys (I didn't actually hit them, that would be piano abuse). The result of this quickie is this~! :kaojoy:

It's just a short, sad piano tune with violin and music box to support. Might be a good game over theme or something because it's so short. :3

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been composing music for four years now and never have I ever made a song in a measure other than 4/4... until now, that is! Meet my first composition in 6/8! :kaojoy:

KayZaman

Brother-Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English & Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Made that as a commission long ago. Actually my first attempt at a more jazzy battle theme. Personally, I think maybe I could've done better but I'm pretty satisfied with it regardless. Let me know what you guys think of it! ^-^

Imagine that we're dancing while wielding swords to fight. Or like Cowboy Bebop. Totally jazzy!

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Imagine that we're dancing while wielding swords to fight. Or like Cowboy Bebop. Totally jazzy!
I actually really like this piece and it was quite fun making it, too! ^-^

Anyway, update time: I really like the fact that I always seem to get an inspirational boost when I buy new instruments. Like this time. I got some new orchestral instruments from NI and wanted to test them out - and this is the result. :kaojoy:

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hoo boy, I finally got around to finishing this. I started this months ago and posted a draft of this way back when and now I got it done. It's not very long or particularly sophisticated but it is my very own Pokémon-style battle theme that I've been wanting to compose for such a long time. Enjoy~! :kaojoy:

KayZaman

Brother-Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English & Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hoo boy, I finally got around to finishing this. I started this months ago and posted a draft of this way back when and now I got it done. It's not very long or particularly sophisticated but it is my very own Pokémon-style battle theme that I've been wanting to compose for such a long time. Enjoy~! :kaojoy:

Ahhh! 8 bit! I love it but I felt something missing with the rhythm. But I love the intro.

Kinzarks

The Everlasting Flame
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I actually really like this piece and it was quite fun making it, too! ^-^

Anyway, update time: I really like the fact that I always seem to get an inspirational boost when I buy new instruments. Like this time. I got some new orchestral instruments from NI and wanted to test them out - and this is the result. :kaojoy:

This one I love. Really nice, relaxing feeling you got there. Swinging swords is cool too, and an interesting twist to the usual battle theme entropy.
Man, I have to learn more about jazz.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ugh... 4:53AM over here and I can't sleep so why not just game make.
I just love the MV feature that allows you to create your own animations!
I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!
 After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on track with my OMGC project.
 Am I overcomplicating it? Yes. Am I going to tone it down? Almost certainly not.
 At least the dialogue stuff is almost done. I need to do the map itself, and then all that’s left is combat.
 Getting there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlawlsrjs3387