Kensei Takezo

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone! So I'm doing some spawnings with Kal's spawner in combination with Falcao's ABS Pearl v3 (yes I have Sixth's patch) in my dungeons and realized that I have some maps that I want enemies to spawn only in certain areas. I know it already has the function of spawning on passable tiles but in a multilevel dungeon they spawn on all levels. My scripting skills are next to nil (minor modification here and there) and I'm not sure how to implement this. I'm almost certain that it can be done and if anyone can assist it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dymdez

Newbie-in-Chief
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm having a hard time visualizing the problem, can show you us? Also, seeing as Falcao and Kal are not active, your best bet is to summon @Sixth

Kensei Takezo

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Here is what I mean:

I have a spawner that spawns enemies

spawner-event.png

With the current script I am unable to keep the spawned enemies to the lower level unless I use multiple spawners with limited range.

What I'm hoping to do is be able to draw a region or use a terrain tag so I can use only one spawner. Like this:

spawner-region.png

Dymdez

Newbie-in-Chief
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, I actually just don't understand how this problem even arises.  The events spawn on the event spawner.  You can easily keep the events where you want them by just adding blank events to "block" the passageways you don't want them traversing.  Unless your spawned events can fly? What are they?  Alternatively, you could use this script to keep any events you want in a certain area.

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I updated the patch I made for this with the options you asked for.

Additionally, fixed another issue with the random position spawning.

Script is at the same place, but for convenience: http://pastebin.com/HZ9JbfpR .

Kensei Takezo

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The dungeon above is actually much larger and has a maze of sorts in the unshown area. I actually have the script you linked already. The problem arises when I use this option

<spawn-pos random:X>

You have to use multiple spawners if you want to have more than one type of enemy spawn. It would take alot more events to manipulate the areas that they spawn in increasing the cost. With the script you linked I would only be able to block where they ALL can go, not specific types. 

Thanks a ton @Sixth

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Have you ever been truly comfortable? This weekend I experienced it for the first time in my 33 years on this planet. Try to get comfy, friends.
Every once in a while I check to see if my planned game titles are taken or trademarked. Still okay. I plan to take my time for the sake of quality, but at the same time it feels like a race against some hidden dev out there who also plans to publish or register the same title.
Who else here likes frogs? I sure do like them squishy beings! :rwink:

froggy.png
Only the goggles are imported ... not the eyes
a lot of my maps and battlebacks are me redrawing base rpg maker mv stuff to match with my own artwork... sometimes it comes out ok lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Galv_