Kalez's Art Table

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX/Ace Resources' started by Julien Brightside, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Julien Brightside

Julien Brightside Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Norway
    Really like those snowy chests and floating barrels.

kalez likes this.
  2. RyanA

RyanA Happy Cat Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I think your necro posting a bit Julien, seen it on a lot of threads now. Anyway, these sprites (especially that winged airship) are incredible!!! O_O

kalez likes this.
  3. Julien Brightside

Julien Brightside Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Norway
    Oh, you might be right, I just felt like sharing my thoughts on the subject.

4. kalez

kalez Thief of Failures Member

First Language:
    English
    Maybe a little necro, but I still enjoy the compliments while I am "away" :p

5. The Pirate Bard

The Pirate Bard Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    This is really wonderful art. I am new, and just checking out resources people have made. Question for you... Is the airship you made by request intended for use solely by the requestor? Because if not, I think it's a great spin on the original airship. By the way, in case you are curious, a flying machine which uses flapping wings to maintain lift is called an "ornithopter". I just love that word; it's fun to say. Keep up the great work!

kalez likes this.
  6. AzTech2064

AzTech2064 Monster Post Veteran

First Language:
    German
    I can just say, those elemt sprotes are playn awesome! But i got a pretty nasty problem now, i'm using some strange element table in my games its like 8 elements, namely fire/water ; earth/wind ; ice/storm ; metal/nature

those are asembeld counterwise, as if they are the exact opposit but are together balanced out. But that's not all, they are alligned inside light and darkness, wich are flowing inside each other and repelling after that; ever changing. visually like a basic yingyang symbol where the 8 basic elements are either inside shadow or light. combining each and every of the light elements exlcuding light itself would result in light and either ways with the shadow side. But be sure thats pretty much impossible to handle these elements much like holding a ball of water in your hands without magick, just plainly your hands^^ possible yes, but unimaginable hard, ergo, its not ment to be actively used but thats everywhere around us.

so far the explanation for my request.

After I have seen those geniuse like element sprites you made, i cant bring myself to use those and create some crappy selfmade sprites for nature and metall, if your wondering, storm is plain lightning;) so the only possible choices i can think of is to make some crappy sprites myself, and let me tell you, creating something like graphics or drawing is my worst nightmare^^ or just improvise with the given sprites, and those are jus that, improvised.

So if you have time and would like to help someone that has always had the problem of lacking sprites and graphics, i would really apreciate it, if you could make these elements 8/10 are finished already if that matters anything^^

also I'm searching for an charset for a soul, something like a faintly glowing orb or something, but i think I can find something like that if i dig deep enough^^ not like the element matter thats my worst problem at hand right now and it don't needs to be that awesome cause it will only used in the intro and maybe at the end of the game or so.

//Edit: just noticed that the light element char just servers the purpose perfectl ;)

Thanks in advance and a wagonload of respect for some very appealing graphics ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2013
    kalez likes this.
  7. Νύξ

Νύξ "AVE DISCORDIA"! Veteran

First Language:
    French
    I just now set the tree tile set as my tile set E and WOW It's just awsome.I'v Got a whole new range of Landscaping options that will keep me entertained for probably a whole month.Thanks a bunch ^__^~<3

8. kuiqu

kuiqu Interactive Game Designer Member

First Language:
    english
    Great stuff truly amazing, I just love it. It's perfect for my rpg game. Thank you.

kalez likes this.
  9. kalez

First Language:
    English
    Not really back, but I updated the shop items a bit, and will have a request for Metal and Nature Elementals updated here as well ina few days.

10. kalez

First Language:
    English
    {Updated: Metal}

(updated below,,,)

Also working on the Nature one. As a battler it looks good, but as a sprite... it needs work.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2013
    Noir likes this.
  11. Noir

Noir Cookiechan Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    Good jawb kalez

12. kalez

First Language:
    English
    So some people whos opinions I listen to said that the metal didnt look much like metal, but I like the metal one I originally made, so to appease them, I made another version. Enjoy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, if you downloaded the first version, I updated the color a bit to make it a little more metalic and less blue.

13. XppZ90

XppZ90 Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Your stuff is awesome! *^*

So much great art.

Still i have a request:

Are you capitable of creating some ice plants/flowers? Like your "Snow Covered Chests" with flowers?

If yes, \o/ Looking forward to!

If no, Still great stuff you made/make!

14. kalez

First Language:
    English
    Boy, it has been a while since I stopped by here. Sorry to any requests/suggestions that went unheard or unfullfilled. I have been out of the RPGMaker scene while I write my novels, but I do plan to pick it back up at some point. Possibly to churn some novel stories into games :D