Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks friends! I'm very pleased you are liking the results :)!
I love anything with gods/goddesses lol, always a cool concept and so much to do with it.
² I also love all mythologies.

When this comes out, I really wanna stream it on my twitch!

I would very happy for that :D!

Still some tweeks to make, but this is the current result for deck building!

Crazya

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes, all mythologies are awesome. I loved the video. IT looks amazing and a lot of promise! I love the art of the goddesses/gods.

Was there supposed to be sound? I am curious what music etc., you have played for the game. (I didn't hear anything but it could just be my pc/headset being weird)

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, all mythologies are awesome. I loved the video. IT looks amazing and a lot of promise! I love the art of the goddesses/gods.

Was there supposed to be sound? I am curious what music etc., you have played for the game. (I didn't hear anything but it could just be my pc/headset being weird)

Thanks friend!
Oh, its cause the music is still being made, so I prefered to omit it in that example video, but when the music is done being composed I'll add to the video!

Time to open some boosters? :ywink:

Neptrone

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Primarily Uses
N/A
awesome 1920x1080 res !!

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just to let you know, there is already a physical card game called Kamigami Battles that incorporates deck-building and has anime-style artwork.

I know the name of your game is not identical, and I have no clue whether your card game mechanics are actually similar at all, but I think overall the similarity is close enough that you should be careful with trademark stuff.

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just to let you know, there is already a physical card game called Kamigami Battles that incorporates deck-building and has anime-style artwork.

I know the name of your game is not identical, and I have no clue whether your card game mechanics are actually similar at all, but I think overall the similarity is close enough that you should be careful with trademark stuff.
hey friend! thanks for the concerns. I don't think it would be, if I am right the Kamigami Battles is more of a bordgame, also Kamigami is a well known japanese name that literally means "Battle of Gods". I considered changing the name, but I went a little deeper and there are many sources that uses the Kamigami name like "kamigami no asobi", I also actually have sources older than the board game that goes a bit in my favor since this was planned even before MV actually haha:
I really think I'll be ok, but if for some reason I need to change the name of the game, I'll surely do it.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if I am right the Kamigami Battles is more of a bordgame, also Kamigami is a well known japanese name that literally means "Battle of Gods".
I'm familiar with the etymology; however, here are the points that would concern me in your place:
- Having both "Kamigami" and "Battle" in the title
- The anime style of artwork
- It's not a board game, it's a deck-building card game, just like what you're implementing in your game

My first thought when I saw your thread was that you were converting that game into a digital version. That is literally the standard used when examining trademark violation: "Does this product cause confusion for potential consumers?"

To clarify, you're not doing anything illegal. And it's certainly possible Japanime Games will never hear of your project, and it's also possible that they wouldn't care if they did. But, if they chose to, they absolutely would have a leg to stand on if they wanted to file a claim against you for trademark infringement.

So, especially if you are planning to sell this game, I would think it's easier to modify your name a bit than to have even the slight chance of that happening (since I presume you are not a company that can afford corporate lawyers).

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The second name I guess I don't see any problem to change xD, the Kamigami was the one I was more worried about keeping haha. But yeah, that is a good point, even though "anime style" can't even be used in any argument if they do wish to argue with. Maybe Kamigami: something else would be better just for not giving headaches, do you think this way would make a difference? I mean I would like another opinion haha.

cradth

FreeLancerPaidSwordsman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
N/A
I dig the art, animation, card system, visual, everything in this game. I love it! Do you have a plan to release a demo? Also, was that card system made by eventing?

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dig the art, animation, card system, visual, everything in this game. I love it! Do you have a plan to release a demo? Also, was that card system made by eventing?
Hey friend :)! Actually no, I did it with coding and most based with PIXI. The eventing was more for the VN Part, but the duel is full coded.

Ah I don't plan on a demo, but there is a chance for an early access, I'm still seeing the best way to do this haha. The reason for no demo is because the game mechanically is mostly finished, so what I have to do is to make all transitions and animations pretty.

Thanks for the compliments :ywink:

cradth

FreeLancerPaidSwordsman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey friend :)! Actually no, I did it with coding and most based with PIXI. The eventing was more for the VN Part, but the duel is full coded.

Ah I don't plan on a demo, but there is a chance for an early access, I'm still seeing the best way to do this haha. The reason for no demo is because the game mechanically is mostly finished, so what I have to do is to make all transitions and animations pretty.

Thanks for the compliments :ywink:

Whoa, wait. you did the coding all by yourself? You're revamping the engine
to the level I don't recognize it anymore, which is really amazing! Keep it up!
I can't wait to play the early access. I'll buy the full release at an affordable price.

Cheers and happy game making, my friend. :LZSwink:

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
even though "anime style" can't even be used in any argument
I'm not trying to tell you to do anything with your game you don't want to, just warning you of a potential problem. However, your responses make it seem like you understand very little about how things work - the visual style of a product is absolutely a part of its brand, and therefore its trademark.

I won't interfere with your thread anymore, but it would be a good idea for you to read some introductory articles so you know what you're talking about a bit better. Good luck with your game!

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes I know how it works, I think it was pretty mean saying I don't haha. No anime style is not something they can say about visual theft. As a comparison it would be saying Pokemon could sue Digimon because of its visual similarities, no they can't and they didn't even try to do it, also mechanics don't have any copyright, which means the relation between being a card game is not even something they can bring it up. My only and only issue here is the name itself, which I don't think would be a problem because of it being a junction of two names Kami and gami which was already used by other medias. That is the only thing I worry about, there is a 0% chance of me getting in trouble because I am using gods as anime girls in card game, you can even find other games that did it also: https://devilmaker.fandom.com/wiki/Main
, the only part that could bring some issue is the name, which I'm trying to find out if it is 100% ok to use it like it is now, so no worries about the rest xD, the rest is fine, the game is very different from what they have, my only problem now is the name itself.

Sorry if I took it the wrong way, but I think you don't know how trademarks actually work. They need to register the name if it is some specific name, which I don't think they even did since I'm not sure kamigami can be registered (Since there is a manga named Kamigami no Asobi), and all these below are free of trademarks.
Card Game
The anime style
Mythology

And that is basically what I used, so please check the facts right before trying to say I copied something, it was really harsh. If that is what you think, check the date on the video I sent up here and the date of Kamigami Battles.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Pretty much stopped posting in the progress thread cuz it feels like talking to the void, lol, so I've just been posting on IG instead. But someone finally liked my post there, lol. Dunno if I'll continue tho. Probably not xD

My game's progressing quite well. Just kinda stuck on mapping right now. Decided to go the side, slightly top down view route. I'm drawing everything from scratch for a personal touch uwu
Stomach isn't feeling too good last time. Perhaps something I ate
Phew! logged back. Seems I was too occupied with 3D learning (yeah for RPGM purposes) creating IRL space, trying to grow catnip, dealing with health and DC is good. (so MrC) ^^
Tyler.stewart wrote on Cherry's profile.
I was wondering if you've heard anything about the patch that allows you to show text anywhere on the screen utilizing pictures being upgraded to work with the official 2k3 release? Your work with 2k3 is awesome dude, keep it alive. I'm 33 and am still playing with 2k3 largely thanks to your work with the game engine. I appreciate the official patch updates you post. Please continue posting
Currently trying to add items in the same style as Kyrise's excellent icons. I like having a large variety of items :3 KyriseandMe.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arcanica