Kaus Ultimate Overlay v1.11 NEW: Added Sprite Fixes Snippet Plugin

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Kaus, Oct 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaus

Kaus The Sagittarius Bearer Veteran

First Language:
    Taglish
    Tileset layer is already above ground layer. 

2. Portkey89

Portkey89 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    But when I press menu and go back to map the ground and pharalax disappear and become like this.

[​IMG]
    I hope someone can help me to clear this one.

I already use notetag, call plugin etc. It's always same.

Nevermind, I already fix the problem. It's look like I have trouble with the file name and the plugin is just to call the effect for once without correct name for the map ID.

Hi Kaus--

I am now running into the problem described above.  I am running a plugin command that is generating the fog just fine: "Overlay fog thickfog 115 .15 -.15 1 180".  It is being summoned via common event, called once (which is fine, correct?  It's fading in, and shouldn't be fading in every time the user closes the menu), and is on mapID 4, for what it's worth.  4 isn't in the filename, as it's using the organized folder structure that's now possible.  But whenever I close my menu, the fog disappears.  I disabled all other plugins in batches; it doesn't seem to be a conflict.  Any speculation?  Am I simply doing something wrong?

Appreciate the help, because otherwise, it's adding SUCH life to this game.  THANK YOU!

3. Kaus

First Language:
    Taglish
    Check your event that calls the fog, it might be erased after calling. what you should do is make it event processing and dont erase it. let it process so whenever you enter a menu it will not be erased and the map will call it again. 

4. Portkey89

First Language:
    English
    Ah - I see where you directed toward parallel process events.  My bad.  I was trying to avoid parallel processes as much as possible by allowing the fog script to be called just once upon entering the map.  But I guess that RPG Maker wipes whatever it's using to display the overlays when exiting the menu (annoying ol' RPG Maker!).  I may be overstepping my bounds in asking this here, but is there a way to call a common event on menu exit?  Alternatively, is there any chance of providing a workaround in the script to avoid having to call the lighting over-and-over via an extra parallel processing event, and instead just have the game remember what is being displayed previous to entering the menu, upon exiting it?  Thanks again for your amazing plugin work!

EDIT to add another note here.  I decided to change the behavior to run the event in a parallel process.  The lull in conditionals causes there to be a few frames after I close the menu in which the fog is gone, before it re-appears.  So some solution to have the fogs remembered and re-displayed when the menu closes (or to have the menu not wipe the fogs when it closes) seems to be important to maintaining the gorgeous effects your plugin creates.  Any hope of such an edit?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2015
  5. OneManArmy

OneManArmy Veteran Veteran

Because of some random reason I have getting an error message from this script it worked perfectly before but surprisingly it stopped? I'll hope there is a way to fix it because I love this plugin.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2015
  6. Kaus

First Language:
    Taglish
    If you want to stick it with the map on load try making notetags instead... the events processing takes a frame or two to actually load. 

It seems to be clashing with Moghunter's Weather EX Script. try disabling that and see if it works without it. maybe its overwriting my methods.

7. Portkey89

First Language:
    English
    My trouble with the map notetags is that the fogs are dependent on the weather, which is a variable I've instituted that changes every day via the day/night cycle and is re-checked on the hour. To my knowledge, I can't have the map tag fogs refreshed or variable dependent. Any suggestions? Alternatively, do you know why the menu is erasing the fog layers?

EDIT: Additionally, because of the frameload of several plugins, I have a common event that I run previous to each map transition, and a separate one for after.  The beginning of the first event has a fadeout before its actions, and the end of the second has a fadein.  That allows ample time for any frame delays to be handled before the map is revealed to the player.

8. Kaus

First Language:
    Taglish
    I updated the plugin to support using variables in notetags so you can use a variable instead of a fix value... Just download the newer version in the OP.

Here's an instruction added to the help file:

Update:

Code:
    /* NEW: fog notetags variable use. * You can use Variables to fill in your notetags instead of fix value. * To do this simply put a '$' at the start of the value followed by the variable's id. * Example: * <fogName:$1>         This will display the fog of the value of the variable 1.  * <fogOpacity:$2>      This will set the opacity of the fog to the value of variable 2. * <xMove:$3>           This will set the x Movement of the fog to the value of variable 3. * <yMove:$4>           This will set the y Movement of the fog to the value of variable 4. * <fogBlend:$5>        This will set the Blend Mode of the fog to the value of variable 5. *  * You can use this script command to set a variable into text: * $gameVariables.setValue(id,"your_text") * so you can have a text value instead of a number.

Hope this fixes your problem.

So instead just use a script command:

$gameVariables.setValue(id,"your_text")

change your_text to the filename you want to display 

dont forget to set the notetags to $ at first followed by the id number

Example:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Portkey89

First Language:
    English
    Wow, this is brilliant!  I'll give this a go; it'll take me a little while to change the code over, but it seems like this will be much smoother!  I'll let you know how it goes.

Honestly, Kaus, thank you SO SO much!  You're so kind!

EDIT: That was much easier to update than I expected!  This is now working, but I am experiencing a few frames without the fog on exiting the menu before the fog kicks back in.  That said, it's already a much improved experience, so thank you many times over!!!!  I wonder if it might just be a plugin conflict on my end; I'll do some digging.  I suspect that you have no such issue when exiting the menu in your own test projects, so I'll let you know if I figure out the cause!

10. Kaus

First Language:
    Taglish
    Yea mines perfectly working without a single frame without the fog upon exiting menu :) even with the fog plugin calling 

11. Portkey89

First Language:
    English
    Ha! Alright, Imma fix my own problem here, and again, can't thank you enough. Also, Happy New Year!

12. Acervvo

Acervvo Warper Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Hello Kaus, you could make a DEMO to download? PLEASE!!!?

13. loustak

loustak Villager Member

First Language:
    Français
    Nice plugin, but when inside an event, fog and parallaxes dissapear for some seconds after going to menu and come backing.

14. cdfq250705

cdfq250705 Warper Member

First Language:
    chinese
    I can not be displayed fog

Under my Notetags

Image 1.png

Image 2.png

15. Cvrtis

Cvrtis Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    Variables? Cool. I thinked, that impossible to make variables. Sad. Now have to understand how to add it in the 1.08 version.

Oh my God, I'm afrayd it will be harder, that I thinked:

[​IMG]
    Since 31 Desember... I understand - we all on holydays  :guffaw:

Dear Kaus, could You add all fixes in separate file, is it possible? Of course if You want to do it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man, You asked the question in vain. Now You will get the answer like "You just don't know how", after which you will feel Yourself like an idiot   :guffaw:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2016
  16. lonewolph

lonewolph Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    When I activate this plugin, it game moves at like 2 FPS, and my guy cant move really and NPCs move super super slow. I tried disabling all other plugins, and the problem goes away when I de-activate your plugin. Please Help, really want to use this. See pic for my plugin list

plugins.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2016
  17. Fatalys93

Fatalys93 Villager Member

First Language:
    Italian
    There's an incompatibility between your script and Time System by Moghunter

If I use Time system, parallax layer doesn't show.

If I turn OFF Time system Plugin, all works.

(look water.. and me)

Time system ON ... no parallax

[​IMG]

Time system OFF ... show parallax

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2016
  18. xXAinSophAurXx

xXAinSophAurXx Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    There seems to be some incompatibility with this and the VPS Dynamic Weather mod https://soulxregalia.wordpress.com/2015/11/30/rmv-vps-dynamic-weather-system/

If I turn the dynamic weather on, then fog doesn't work. Light works fine, but fog doesn't.

As soon as I turn the dynamic weather plugin off, the fog works wonders. I tried moving them around to see if it would fix it but nothing yet.

I'm not sure if you can figure a way to make them compatible, but if you can't that's fine, I will gladly stick with your plugin over the weather, but I would rather have both.

19. NeoPGX

NeoPGX ~ King of Cuteness ~ Veteran

First Language:
    English (US)
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Since I have NO artistic talent are there any existing parallaxes I can use or will that not work?

20. bruno7570

bruno7570 Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    @xXAinSophAurXx sorry intrude... I had the same problem and tried same solutions as you. Fail
    So I found a alternative plugin to VPS Dyn Wea. The autor is MOG Hunter and he released MOG_Weather_EX, you can use it while didn't have a incompatibility solutions. It works for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.