Kaus Ultimate Overlay v1.11 NEW: Added Sprite Fixes Snippet Plugin

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Kaus, Oct 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaus

Kaus The Sagittarius Bearer Veteran

First Language:
    Taglish
    Sorry, been busy the past few weeks.

I can't answer all problems.

I will make one in the future.

Sorry i wont be fixing compatibility issue with that script. 

2. StarWarrior00

StarWarrior00 ~ King of Cuteness ~ Veteran

First Language:
    English (US)
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

Have you tried changing the load order of the two plugins? In many cases a simple change in the order of plugins will fix compatibility issues. If the time system plugin is below this plugin put it above the plugin instead.

To do this: right click on the plugin and click copy then clear, then right click on Kaus' plugin, click paste, and it will put the time system plugin above it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2016
  3. Fatalys93

Fatalys93 Villager Member

First Language:
    Italian
    Yes, I know how to do this and how I have to move between plugin/script (I use VxAce since 2011) and it's the first thing that I've done, but it doesn't work yet.

Even if I turn OFF all other plugins it doesn't work! So, I'm sure that the problem is an incompatibility between Kaus and Mog plugins :)  

4. richardkim_co

richardkim_co Developer / STORYBOOK Member

First Language:
    English
    There's an obvious incompatibility with any Movement based plugins unfortunately. I tried to make this script work with Quasi's Movement plugin with Collision Mapping and it becomes an impossible mess of visual issues where the character will clip with the parallax image and after mingling with Photoshop trying to find a solution, I see nothing I can do to fix it.

But no worries. I'm choosing your parallax mapping plugin over Quasi's movement plugin.

If anyone knows a solution to having both parallax mapping AND pixel to pixel movement, I'd really like to know because I've got not a clue how to make it work.

5. Nev

Nev Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi Kaus, is Fog during battle still a planned feature?

6. Kaus

First Language:
    Taglish
    Sorry I cant fix bugs and add new features at the moment. I'm busy with my personal life as of the moment so ill update you guys whenever i get my free time ^_^ 

7. Mcleavestein

Mcleavestein Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I found a very strange bug. For some reason this plugin flips all of my self switches as soon as I enter an area. I turned off all of my other addons, so I am certain that this one is the problem. It's a shame, I was really looking forward to using this one. 

Edit: Nevermind, fixed it in the settings. Set Quick Start to false.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2016
  8. Mcleavestein

First Language:
    English
    Do you know of a lighting program that is compatible with Ultimate Overlay? I was using Terrax Lighting before for mobile lanterns and glowing creatures, but it doesn't seem to be compatible with UO. I need parallax mapping more than I need mobile lighting so I will likely have to drop Terrax, but it would still be nice if I could make it work.

Thanks for all your hard work!

9. StarWarrior00

StarWarrior00 ~ King of Cuteness ~ Veteran

First Language:
    English (US)
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

Here is how you can fix it. Quoted from Terrax himself:

10. Kaus

First Language:
    Taglish
    I actually have a plugin setting for terrax lighting to be compatible just set this to true

[​IMG]

Mcleavestein likes this.
  11. Mcleavestein

First Language:
    English
    Holy crap! Thanks so much. Didn't see that when I looked at the settings. Your hard work is appreciated.

12. Kaus

First Language:
    Taglish
    Yes. But not so soon. 

No you have to do that by yourself

I'm still going to make a full demo so everyone who is not familiar with the functionalities can see a demo of displaying the layers. 

13. TombaLaBomba

TombaLaBomba Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Cheers for your amazing plugin, Kaus. I have only one issue when using the bush regions: this is a really nice option and basically it works fine except when I have the Quasi Movement plugin on. Then the bush regions don't work. Is there a possibility to make this compatible?

14. Kaus

First Language:
    Taglish
    the whole plugin is not compatible with quasi movement and its been reported a few times already. maybe that plugin overwrites the functions from this plugin and I have no plans on making it compatible. sorry.

15. TombaLaBomba

TombaLaBomba Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Actually your plugin works fine for me with Quasi movement (except that bush thing). Thanks for the reply anyway. I found another way with just using the normal tiles (which can't be seen in the game) and setting them as a bush.

Something else though which I just posted in the Terrax Lighting forum: Is there a way you could make a layer that would block out the light of Terrax?

16. Kaus

First Language:
    Taglish
    the answer is simply yes there could be a way. I'm in no condition of finding it out tho. I'm not using terrax lighting in my game that's why i have no idea what it's all about. i just included a compatibility so that people who uses terrax will be able to use my overlay plugin as well and as many requested it compatible. if that is some extra feature terrax added im sorry i have no plans on making another fix to that plugin xD but all is not final i may or may not do it in the future(If i ever use terrax plugin in my game). 

TombaLaBomba likes this.
  17. KOBE

KOBE Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I create a map with this plugin and it worked well, but when I try to make an event (with the picture) on a position where parallax(new) layer is, the picture of event is like covered/below by the parallax layer. Is there a way to solve this problem? test2.PNG test2.PNG test1.PNG

18. brandos

brandos Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Hey Kaus, 

First of all awesome plugin

I wanted to ask you if you are encountering a heavy memory leak too when using your plugig or other parallax plugins?

19. Kaus

First Language:
    Taglish
    Cut the chairs and make it a ground layer.

@brandos Nope. None so far. I guess it's because i have only few small maps ^_^ But Im pretty sure it is announced that within this month RPG Maker MV will adapt PIXI v4. that's a huge leap from v2 :3 can't wait!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2016
  20. KOBE

KOBE Villager Member

First Language:
    English

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.