Not open for further replies.

Kaus

The Sagittarius Bearer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses
This is great, exactly what I was looking for!

The fact that it is free to use for commercial games as well is just icing on the cake since some people consider donations commercial income which can be a problem if you are asking for said donations to keep your webpage and HTML5 game up and running etc. Just fantastic! :D

I hope you keep improving this and fixing eventual bugs and issues. Going to try it out right away!

Thanks!
Glad to help out ^_^ 

Hooray! Fogs! For some reason, however, when I have this plug-in active, the pictures I used for character portraits disappear, even on maps that don't use the light effect or the fog effect, so I can't use it for one of my projects :(
Can you upload a sample project setup for me to take a look for it so I can fix it? just 1 map with 1 character portrait so I can see the problem.

Spy

Spy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Works very well, thank you.

Here is a map made with the script

Is it posible to disable a layer by a switch

Eg light off when it's day

Last edited by a moderator:

Tommy Gun

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yes, please add the ability to turn on/off layers with switches. I used that feature in my IGMC game and it's really useful!

grem333

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry, how do I do that? I've never uploaded a project before haha

Kaus

The Sagittarius Bearer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses
Works very well, thank you.

Here is a map made with the script

Is it posible to disable a layer by a switch

Eg light off when it's day
What a beautiful map!! celianna's?

Good suggestion I will try to add that feature tomorrow. I have to go to sleep now...

This completes my day seeing people doing wonderful things with my plugin <3

Yes, please add the ability to turn on/off layers with switches. I used that feature in my IGMC game and it's really useful!
Yes I will try tomorrow. 

Sorry, how do I do that? I've never uploaded a project before haha
Pretty much just copy the js / img / data folders and put it in a zip file or rar file. 

tho just copy one portrait in the img (not entire the img folder since its too big) you're trying to show me that conflicts with the script so i'll see what i can do about it.

Bernkastel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
do you have any sample light, ground and other used images for testing?

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this is awesome thanks for sharing. very easy to use after you do some basic reading :)

Kaus

The Sagittarius Bearer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses
Update:

v1.02

-Added a feature to Activate display of Light and Fog Layers via Switches.

-Added a transition effect of activating and deactivating Light and Fog Layers for smooth transitions.

-Fixed Light Layer Positioning to go along with the map.

Default Switches for Light and Fog is set to 5 and 6 you have the choices of changing that via the parameters in Plugin Manager.

Q: Why there's no switch for ground and parallax layer?

A: There's no need to, that layer's purpose is for designing the map as is and not for ambiance effects like light and fog layer.

do you have any sample light, ground and other used images for testing?
Well the Images of Light, Ground and Parallax Layer should be the same as your Map's. 

I can give you something about use of light but it really depends on the size of your map.

Sample of Light Image:  http://i.imgur.com/IYfrwPI.png

Sample of Ground Image: http://i.imgur.com/OUxyMr0.png

Sample of Par Image: http://i.imgur.com/oBJeDt8.png

Result: http://i.imgur.com/X2ofCKp.jpg

ryalein

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
First thanks for the plugin! Works great except that the fog only moves in the negative directions. Maybe I did something wrong but I fixed it by editing the fog part in the script to only use one variable for each direction and simply use negative numbers in the notes to change directions.

Code:
//======================= F O G  M A P ==========================Spriteset_Map.prototype.createFogMap = function() {    map = $dataMap;    this._fogMap = new TilingSprite();    this._fogMap.bitmap = ImageManager.loadParallax(map.meta.fogName);    this._fogMap.move(0, 0, Graphics.width, Graphics.height);    this._fogMap.blendMode = Number(map.meta.fogBlend) || 0;    if($gameSwitches.value(fogSwitch)== true)      this._fogMap.opacity = Number(map.meta.fogOpacity) || 125;     else      this._fogMap.opacity = 0;    this._fogMap.origin.x =  $gameMap.displayX() * $gameMap.tileWidth();    this._fogMap.origin.y =  $gameMap.displayY() * $gameMap.tileHeight();    this._fogMap.z = 21;    newX = 0;    newY = 0;    this._tilemap.addChild(this._fogMap);};Spriteset_Map.prototype.updateFogMap = function() {        map = $dataMap;        newX += Number(map.meta.xMove) || 0;        newY += Number(map.meta.yMove) || 0;        if(newX!=0) this._fogMap.origin.x =  ($gameMap.displayX() * $gameMap.tileWidth()) - newX;         else this._fogMap.origin.x =  ($gameMap.displayX() * $gameMap.tileWidth());        if(newY!=0) this._fogMap.origin.y =  ($gameMap.displayY() * $gameMap.tileHeight()) - newY;         else this._fogMap.origin.y =  ($gameMap.displayY() * $gameMap.tileHeight());    //Switch Checking     if($gameSwitches.value(fogSwitch)== true){         defOpacity = Number(map.meta.fogOpacity) || 125;        if(this._fogMap.opacity < defOpacity) this._fogMap.opacity += 1; }     else        if(this._fogMap.opacity!=0) this._fogMap.opacity -= 1;};

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wait, so you can use Z? I was being told else where that you can't and there was no Z settings..

Kaus

The Sagittarius Bearer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses
First thanks for the plugin! Works great except that the fog only moves in the negative directions. Maybe I did something wrong but I fixed it by editing the fog part in the script to only use one variable for each direction and simply use negative numbers in the notes to change directions.
Just a simplified version for the note tag i see.. good point.

Wait, so you can use Z? I was being told else where that you can't and there was no Z settings..
Z property still exist in a way if they are in the same layer. adding child is still prioritized tho. 

Rainfall

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Kaus, I love you for that plugin!

This is exactly what I need for my project!

I don't know if this is your first plugin or your 100th, but you did a very good job! (Sorry I'm new here to be honest, even though I'm registered for awhile =))

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oi.. JS is SOOOooo much different than Ruby... ~_~

Spy

Spy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
v1.02

-Added a transition effect of activating and deactivating Light and Fog Layers for smooth transitions.

Thank you !

Rainfall

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I love you for this Kaus!

This script is exactly what I need!

I have a question though, is it possible to get light / fog examples how to put them into the scene?

I don't really get this to work, my experience with custom things like this are almost zero, the years I was making it was mostly without internet, thus no custom thingies or similiar stuff. Just basic RPG Maker XP knowledge here ^^/

Lady Xiahou

pew pew pew
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's Awesome. Thank you! I was looking for this :3

Kaus

The Sagittarius Bearer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses
Oi.. JS is SOOOooo much different than Ruby... ~_~
But Better...

Thank you !
You are most welcome ^_^

I love you for this Kaus!

This script is exactly what I need!

I have a question though, is it possible to get light / fog examples how to put them into the scene?

I don't really get this to work, my experience with custom things like this are almost zero, the years I was making it was mostly without internet, thus no custom thingies or similiar stuff. Just basic RPG Maker XP knowledge here ^^/
love you too babe, Read the instructions carefully.

install in js folder.

add in plugin manager.

make the images you need.

save them in the img/parallaxes folder

put notetags in the map properties (right click properties on map name) 

input the specific notetags you wanted to display in your map (example: <light> will display light layer)

make sure you have your switch on for it to display in the map :) (default switches: 5 for fog 6 for light)

anyway I'll try to make a demo once i get the time ^_^

That's Awesome. Thank you! I was looking for this :3
You're welcome buddy.

Tommy Gun

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Q: Why there's no switch for ground and parallax layer?

A: There's no need to, that layer's purpose is for designing the map as is and not for ambiance effects like light and fog layer.
Can you please add it anyway? In my Ace game I had a switch in the world map to "turn off" the top layer, and that removed the roof from every building. So you could walk into any building and see inside. Then when you walk out of a building the roof appears again. And there are probably other uses that people may need it for. 

Unless I can put all the roofs on the fog layer instead.

wizaerd

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Instead of eating up and hardcoding switches, couldn't you just include either a plugin command or a script call to enable/disable as needed?

invayne

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
v1.02

hmm just updated the script to newest version and the  movement on  the fog layer stopped working all together... or am i just missing something.  tried all your  tags 

edit : nvm works on  the negative tags 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I cloned an event in MV today.
Just got two custom tracks for my game. Things are shaping up nicely. :)
Remember, life is sh*t. But it will difinitely be less sh*t in the future! Stay happy everyone ^^ ...*continues to die inside*
Why is it that every time I take a short break from here, we get a new moderator?
Stream will be going live early today as I will be working on some music before I transition to art! When I switch to art, I will be focusing on making a new stream avatar~ Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boredguy851