Kaus Ultimate Overlay v1.11 NEW: Added Sprite Fixes Snippet Plugin

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Kaus, Oct 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaus

Kaus The Sagittarius Bearer Veteran

First Language:
    Taglish
    BIG UPDATE!

v1.05

-New Feature: Added Plugin Command to call and change images in different layers anytime.

-New Layer: Added Shadow Layer, displayed below fog and light but above par and ground.

v1.04

-Added Compatibility with Galenmereth's TDDP_BindPicturesToMap Plugin . (See Parameters in the Plugin Settings)

-Added Quick Start Function as default to start the game with automatic switches on.

Read The OP for more info. 

Download link is also in the OP.

-Change Overlay Command Granted.

-I'll check if its viable when compiling and encrypting your game to secure those images.

-I dont get this water layer stuff you're talking about tho. sounds complicated too.

You can now change your layer images thru Plugin Command. Refer to the instructions in the OP and also update your plugin to v1.05.

Granted as a feature to start with a "Quick Start" which automatically activates the switches for you before starting the game.

Preload manager doesnt have anything to do with how the transition of my layers defined. its by the opacity transition. Anyways

1. Granted

2. What do you mean by variables? you mean multiple fogs multiple light, multiple etc. images displayed at a time? then no. too complicated to script.

3. Will check as I said earlier if it will still be supported and readable if you encrypted your game.

Enjoy v1.05 and don't hesitate to ask if you encounter any problem or have a suggestion. I may or may not include it in the plugin.

-Kaus

Chaos17, boldpaste2, Cvrtis and 2 others like this.
  2. Parallax Panda

Parallax Panda Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped... Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nice update!

I just wanted to say thank you, you are doing a great job! This plugin is really turning out to be the swiss army knife of parallaxing!

3. solaris1111

solaris1111 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Just want to say a big Thank you!

4. dabum

dabum Veteran Veteran

So with 1.05, does this mean we can als change ground layer at any given time? If so.. for example this makes animated parallaxes possible, right?

5. DivineReeper

DivineReeper Warper Member

First Language:
    Smartass
    Thanks for the plugin.  I am really new, and i got the ground overlay to work, and its awesome, now im trying to get the fog to display, and i cant seem to get it to work, no matter what i do, i have followed the instructions to the best of my knowledge, and i cant get it to work at all.  I need someone to hold my hand on this one, i am really new, this is the only thing i seem to be having issues with.  My fog image is loaded into the parallax folder, and is named "fog1".  I followed the instructions, but they seem to be geared towards someone who has a general knowledge of how to use plugins, please assume i DO NOT, and help me lol.

6. solaris1111

solaris1111 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Hmmmm, i used Overlay a lot in VX and what just happened to me never happened before. I create, on map 002, a par2 to test it. The switch for it was on, i put the "par" tag in the map note tag, and here what happened :

Took some time to load, then the music start but everything is frozen. It stay frozen forever, then tried to get out, mouse frozen, ctrl-alt+delete got me out of the game, close rmmv but the music still in the background, then my screens shut down and i can't do anything but hear my comp working a lot. I manually closed it, and then i came to the forum to write this. I'll wait before using it again, maybe it will happen to someone else and we will find a bug.

Thank you :)

7. DivineReeper

DivineReeper Warper Member

First Language:
    Smartass
    ok i got it to work, for some reason the plugin was corrupt, i deleted it, and reinstalled it, and it worked. Now to figure out how to make the dungeon dark, and add lighting effects to the torches on the wall.

8. Kaus

First Language:
    Taglish
    You're welcome ^_^ Enjoy parallaxing!

You're welcome ^_^

Yes, you can, just use this plugin command:

plugincommand: Overlay ground filename1event command: wait x framesplugincommand: Overlay ground filename2event command: wait x framesplugincommand: Overlay ground filename3event command: wait x framesetc...But I doubt of it not lagging if you put it in parallel process...

Make sure you have your fog switch on and opacity set to your desired visibility...

there's 2 way to do this...

1.) have the QuickStart set to true in the parameters of the plugin then type in the map notetag: <fogName:fog1> <fogOpacity:125><xMove:1><yMove:1> just change the values to your desire.

2.) make an event. Plugin Command(on 3rd page last button) type this command:

Overlay fog fog1 125 1 1 Make sure you have your event autostarted or parallel process and make sure to erase or use local switch for stopping its looping process.

Maybe that's just in your end... mines working fine with all the layers displayed. try again and post your comp specs as well. 

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2015
  9. Cvrtis

Cvrtis Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    I think, I asked about that:

New Feature: Added Plugin Command to call and change images in different layers anytime.

:D  

Thank You  for Update! You are the savior!

10. jonthefox

jonthefox Veteran Veteran

Hey question, every time I try using this it says "missing lightX" (X being whatever the number of the map is).   The only way I get it to work is by having a file actually called LightX.png in there.   That means I need a separate .png file for every map that I want to use lighting effects on?   

11. Kaus

First Language:
    Taglish
    I don't know if you read the instructions or what but don't put <light> in the notetag if you're not using light images in a map because it will look for a filename of lightx if you put that tag. I dont really understand your problem... why would you NOT put a light.png in map you want to put light on... for every map you design it with different light layers. if you want to use the same light image again and again dont put notetags on the map and just use the plugin command: Overlay light yourlightimage.png.

12. jonthefox

I read the instructions, I'm sorry, this is my first time using this and I'm having trouble.

I am putting a <light> notetag because I want a light layer. 

My question is, is there a way for me to use the same overlay image without having to make a separate file for each map number?  If so, how?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2015
  13. Kaus

First Language:
    Taglish
    I already answered that.

the notetag's purpose is to automatically display the overlay images according to their mapID. in your case, don't put <light> and call it with a plugin command I instructed.

14. jonthefox

Thanks - just tried that, but the overlay isn't showing up.  I put the plugin command in a parallel process event, and for the plugin command I put "Overlay light light83.png"  and the parallax file is named light83.  I also removed the <light> tag like you said.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong.  

-edit- I think I figured it out.  I needed to take away the .png in the plugin command.  

15. Kaus

First Language:
    Taglish
    yea you dont need to include the file type. ^_^

I suggest making it parallel process but make it stop processing/erasing the event to avoid lagging.

16. Kaus

First Language:
    Taglish
    Added Overlay Displaying Info in the OP so nobody gets confused about how to use notetags and plugincommand

Displaying Layers:

- Use the Notetags in the map ONLY IF you're going to use images based on its mapID to automatically display specific layers.

- You don't need to add Notetags if you're going to use the Plugin Command. 

- The Plugin Command is a Powerful tool. You can use this option anytime to change overlay images in any given situation, with or without notetags.

- All in all, There's 2 ways of displaying overlays.

1. Thru Notetags. (Automatically Displays notetagged overlay with the mapID as filename)

2. Thru Parallel Processed Event Plugin Command. You need to specify the filename.

It's your choice and they're situational. ^_^ Enjoy Mapping. 

Cvrtis likes this.
  17. jackseg

jackseg Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Hello,

Excuse my english and thanks for this plugin.

But it's an incompabilty with Galv's Layer Graphics. When it is active, nothing works.

BR

18. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Have you configured both plugins properly?  Do they use switches/variables, and have you allocated different ones to each plugin?

19. jackseg

jackseg Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    No, it's ok. I'm stupid, I want use only your plugin or Galv but not in the same time.

The problem is with Terrax Lightning system. When I use your plugin, the lights don't works.

Thanks.

20. Folkner

Folkner Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Terrax already find a way to do it you should add this to Kaus:

Kaus, do you think its possible you update your script with this line? It would be awesome.

I also have other issue with last version, I got older version work nicely(with terrax and quasimovement, really nice combo), but this new one is not doing parallaxing properly(switch ON and notetag on map edit done) and it's all time asking me for undefined3.png , not sure what is this about.

Thanks mate, awesome plugin.

Cvrtis likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.