Kaytlyn Demo

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by RLFHOG3, May 29, 2016.

1. RLFHOG3

RLFHOG3 Survivor Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Well gang, I did it. After a week and a grand total of 70+ hours thrown into this, I've made what I believe to be an acceptable demo for the game i intend to create.

Download: Mac, Windows

So let me introduce you to the world of Kaytlyn!

Basic Synopsis:

Kaytlyn is the name of the girl you start as and just so happens to be the name of the game! How convenient! She was thrust into the role of "Hero" when the Sacred Artyfact (Yes, with a "Y") of her temple was stolen while she was asleep and supposed to be on guard. So, obviously, it's her job to go get it back before unspeakable evils are wrought! During her adventures she will be joined by the Gunman for hire, Remmington, a stoic Monk, Jazal, and the prank loving Time Mage, Drea. Together, the four of them will embark on quirky adventures where the fourth wall may or may not be broken every so often as they attempt to stop the evil that looms over their land! Who knows! You may even get some heart wrenching back story feels out of it too!

Characters in the demo:

Kaytlyn-faces.png

Kaytlyn: The "Hero" of the story. While not intentionally so, she takes her job of recovering the Sacred Artyfact very seriously... most of the time. You see, she's never really been outside the conclave where she was raised so everything about the outside world intrigues her. But fret not, because Kaytlyn has friends to keep her in check!

Remmington-face-single.png

Remmington: A hired gun with a mighty big southern drawl. A fan a callin' people by nicknames like "Little Miss," "Boss," an' "Red." Although he's terribly fond of the brew and drink, he can still be counted on to get his job done. 'Cause once Remmington accepts a job, he always completes it.

Known Flaws:

- Currently lacking an opening cut scene to set the stage for the game.

- For some reason that I haven't been able to figure out, after battle if you find loot or level up, the upper left hand corner does not display the first letter or so of the loot gained or character that has leveled.

- I am the king of misspellings and RPG maker doesn't help that by not having a spell check option that i can find.

Edit Log:

May 30th

- Increased Damage that Bats, Hornets, and Hornet Swarms do. They are slightly more threatening now.

- The Four Systers Battle is now actually completable at lvl 2. You just need to have a bit of luck on your side but otherwise it is doable.

- Fixed Pathing issues where the player could walk right on through the market stalls.

- Fixed the description of "Atilla." It falsely claimed that it was Kaytlyn's starting weapon when clearly it was not.

- Fixed some triggers that occurred before they were supposed to.

- Added a bestiary function

- Increased Gramjia's difficulty. He was too easy at lvl 3. Now he's a real challenge.

- Hornets and Hornet Swarms now have a chance to drop Hornet Stingers.

- Updated Mac and Windows Download with new features!

SCREEN SHOTS!!!

Screen Shot 2016-05-29 at 4.29.32 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-05-29 at 4.29.00 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-05-29 at 4.31.14 AM.png

So yeah, I think that about covers it! Let me know what you all think! And if you have any suggestions on fixes to make you found something that i missed (Like a misspelling or otherwise) Please let me know!

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  2. ChilledDiablo

ChilledDiablo Mapper/Writer Member

First Language:
    English
    Only 1 issue so far, both links are the MAC version

RLFHOG3 and Marsigne like this.
  3. RLFHOG3

RLFHOG3 Survivor Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Woops. thanks for pointing that out.

Should have the windows link now.

4. ChilledDiablo

First Language:
    English
    Well, the link isn't found now, sorry for causing so much trouble.

5. RLFHOG3

RLFHOG3 Survivor Veteran

First Language:
    English
    No, you're fine. I'm in the process of updating the links with the newer version.

Give me an hour or so to do a quick run through and make sure everything is good and I'll have it up.

Edit: The Windows and Mac link are now both live again! Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  6. ChilledDiablo

First Language:
    English
    Well now that I've some time to play it lol It's nice, I actually rather like the humor you have in some places like the basement.

RLFHOG3 likes this.
  7. RLFHOG3

RLFHOG3 Survivor Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks a bunch. I try to make sure even my NPCs have at least some character to them. Otherwise they're just bland and boring and the world has no life to it.

I spend a lot of time playing Dungeons and Dragons with my friends and as a DM, i have to make sure my setting is believable so guess thats where it comes from. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016