Keep Menu and Battle Faces Separate?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by DoubleRaineBow, Jan 23, 2017.

1. DoubleRaineBow

DoubleRaineBow Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Is there a way that I can keep the face sets for actors separate for the menu and battle screen? For example, for the menu, the face would be neutral and for battle, the face would be intense. I'm also using Yanfly's Ace Battle Engine if that is of any importance. I know that the tedious way would be to constantly switch the actor graphic in the event settings, but is there a more efficient way?

Then, if possible, is there a way to change the faces during battle? For example, in Kingdom Hearts, whenever the main character or the party members take a hit, their character portrait changes to show that they're hurt before returning to normal and when they're in critical health, their character portrait changes to show that they're extremely hurt until you restore their health to above critical.

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    If you use a script to have a different menu from the default, then you can easily have different faces.

For example, Galv's Manu Layout script (you can look at it here) would allow you to have one set of images for the menu and a separate one in the data base.  The data base one would appear in battle (and in dialogue boxes, if you are using a script which enables that).  There are other scripts like Galv's, but I'm not familiar with them.  If you search the Master Script list I'm fairly sure there are a couple there.

3. DoubleRaineBow

DoubleRaineBow Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Kes I had to do a little bit of tweaking, but it definitely helped! It solves one of my problems at least. Thanks for the help!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2017