Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Keep Moving (Event)
by Shaz

Introduction
This plugin allows events to keep moving when you interact with them, overriding the default behaviour where the event pauses its move route and turns towards you. This is a port of the VX Ace script "No-lock NPC", renamed for better clarity.

How to use
Add to your plugins folder (file name is unimportant, but I call mine KeepMoving.js). There are no parameters to set.
Add the following plugin command to any event page where you want to override the default behaviour and allow the event to continue its move route during interaction:

Plugin Command : KeepMoving

Plugin

Download from pastebin

Credit
- Shaz

Terms
- free for use in commercial games

Last edited:

Nomi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
hmmmm...u got some examples where to use it? Not that creative atm I guess :D
Just for letting people pass by while dialogues?

Or did u have some special things in mind?

PAC918

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
hmmmm...u got some examples where to use it? Not that creative atm I guess :D

Just for letting people pass by while dialogues?

Or did u have some special things in mind?
Well, I could think of a couple instances where it might be useful...blacksmiths (or any shopkeeper). Typically, you'd have a counter separating you and them but who's to say the characters can't speak a little louder at times to make deals and such? LoL, the blacksmith could continue pounding away on his current work and carry on a conversation just as well with this plugin. Maybe some added background noises will help draw the scene as well?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Typically it's for events where you have a repeating pattern in autonomous movement and you don't want them to stop doing it while talking to you.

A chef cooking at his stove, for instance - if he stops and turns to face you and it's a long dialogue, or you leave the message window open too long, that food is gonna burn!

A bunch of kids playing follow-the-leader - if you talk to one of them, they're just going to want to keep going and answer you over their shoulder as they continue on their way.

Remi Bitters

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Gutterspeak
Primarily Uses
How would events respond to the player 'blocking' their path, do they try to path around them or do they go through you or push the player aside.

These are important questions!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is not a pathfinding plugin. If your event is set to move along a specific path and you stand in their way, they will stop moving until you get out of the road.

This plugin simply allows them to keep going (if they can) while the event code is running, which normally doesn't happen.

Remi Bitters

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Gutterspeak
Primarily Uses
Okay cool! Thanks for the info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just got a better look at the MZ RTP. I'm very happy with it, especially the sci-fi tiles and sprites. Glad I pre-ordered.
I've just checked the VisuStella Plugins for MZ and there are already 11 plugins. The Yanfly team(perhaps a big one?) really works so effectively and efficiently that some MZ users can likely use tons of Yanfly plugins right after MZ's released (still 13 days from now). I wonder if any other plugin developer(or team) will try to compete with Yanfly this time, no matter how slim the chance to win is :)
Hello! :kaopride:I am new to RPG Maker, though I have been lurking the forums for a while. :kaoswt: Hope to make some friends and learn some stuff here! :kaothx:
And now since I've got the whole game parts working, the *contents* await.

I've invented a cheap way to manipulate weather. Should I get it patented?
It's change from frikin' hot to beautiful at the cost of only 4 beers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linkvaovn88com