EverGreen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hi,

My free trial of RPG Maker XP has ended, so I decided to buy a product key from the official website to continue working on my own game.

However, when I go to enter the product key, this appears:WHY.PNG
I try pressing the button, and nothing happens. I try entering the product key again, and same error. I try contacting support, and they haven't responded. Nothing I'm doing seems to work.

And looking at it now, it says the key has expired?! When did that happen? Is it also odd that the product key was the same as my order number?

I looked into why I might be getting this error, and the best I could find was that Windows Firewall was blocking it. Well I tinkered with that, and nothing different happens.

I'm all out of ideas at this point. If I can't get this to work, I will request a refund. But I want it to work. I completed roughly 10% of my game in the free trial period, and I wish to continue working on it!

Someone, please help! In case it wasn't obvious from the picture, I'm running Windows 7.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this to Tech Support.

Besides the Firewall, I believe I read something about installing with admin rights. (Found the post here.)

Also, when did you contact support? Please remember it can take up to three business days to get a response.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And it's still the weekend in the US.

It is normal for the product key to be the same as your order number. If you want to reinstall, or get a new computer, you don't have to go looking for emails to find the registration key.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The older DRM of the older makers requires TLS active in the internet options, and that has been disabled by default in newer Windows versions. Try those settings and see if you can activate then.

EverGreen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Also, when did you contact support? Please remember it can take up to three business days to get a response.
Saturday. I guess I'll be waiting till Wednesday...

The older DRM of the older makers requires TLS active in the internet options, and that has been disabled by default in newer Windows versions. Try those settings and see if you can activate then.
I'm sorry, but what is TLS?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
but what is TLS
it's an abreviation and I don't know what it stands for, because even in the internet options from windows it's only listed as TLS 1.0, TLS 1.2 and TLS 2.0, no other names given.
Please go into the internet options of the system properties (or through the internet explorer) and go to the list of advanced settings, scroll through it until you see those three lines with TLS and make sure that all three are enabled.

I can't give you a screenshot because my current computer is Win 10 and that changed a lot where settings are concerned, but the description I gave will fit in Windows 7.

EDIT:
here is a link to a description on how it is done - you'll need 1.2 only if I remember correctly:

The option is also available through the system settings as I said above

Last edited:

EverGreen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
it's an abreviation and I don't know what it stands for, because even in the internet options from windows it's only listed as TLS 1.0, TLS 1.2 and TLS 2.0, no other names given.
Please go into the internet options of the system properties (or through the internet explorer) and go to the list of advanced settings, scroll through it until you see those three lines with TLS and make sure that all three are enabled.

I can't give you a screenshot because my current computer is Win 10 and that changed a lot where settings are concerned, but the description I gave will fit in Windows 7.

EDIT:
here is a link to a description on how it is done - you'll need 1.2 only if I remember correctly:

The option is also available through the system settings as I said above
Well it seems I had it enabled from the get-go. And if I'm using Chrome, will that make a difference?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no, those options count for every browser, Microsoft just made a shortcut to them through the internet explorer that is more easier to use.
And if it wasn't that then you'll have to wait for Degica Support as they are the only ones who can check internally and give you a manual unlock if required.

EverGreen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
no, those options count for every browser, Microsoft just made a shortcut to them through the internet explorer that is more easier to use.
And if it wasn't that then you'll have to wait for Degica Support as they are the only ones who can check internally and give you a manual unlock if required.
I see...

And that's what I was thinking too. Thank you all so much for your help btw!
Is it okay if I update you all in this thread when support does respond?

Celianna

Tileset artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's fine. You can also report this thread closed once you've got your answer :)

EverGreen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
After an EXCRUCIATING long time and needing to send a support ticket just to get replies, I finally got an offline unlock code and...

It actually WORKED!

I'm very happy that I can finally continue working on my game and I know COVID-19 is making things complicated, but a week between replies is just unacceptable. Eh, at least I can continue. I request that this thread to be locked now that this situation has been solved.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
to have a thread locked, you need to report your first post and let the mods know it's resolved. That's the fastest way.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But a mod happened to catch it this time, so...

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

XwwX OMG! Only 4 more weeks till I can leave my crappy job and never ever go back! I am SO freaking excited!!!
Sometimes, it's so hard to resist
"this boss is too easy, what if I add more gimmicks". Then I remember most of my players might be already dying fighting the boss.
You certainly should show love and recognition to teammates who have achieved great success! Congrats Eli!
Just 2 Days of no Internet and I made more Progress in my Game than last 2 Weeks combined. Now I know, Internet makes me a Lazy person.. :D
I'm back to the bugs.
100 bugs in my coding,
take one down,
fix it up,
132 bugs in my coding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TechnoInventor