"Key Expired"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penumbra

Villager
Reaction score
Hello!

I recently got a new computer, and tried to install RPG Maker VX on it (which I already own and have installed on my old computer), but upon entering the activation key, it told me my key has expired, and did not let me activate the program. What should I do now?

Any help is appreciated.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
AFAIK, the activation key is only valid for one computer. But dunno ....

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
AFAIK, the activation key is only valid for one computer. But dunno ....
No, it can only be used on one computer at a time - you cannot install it on your own computer and the computer of a family member. But even running it on two of you own computers should be no problem as long as only you work with it, especially in a transition phase where you're moving from an old to a new computer.
The reason for the expired message can be several different things, and you need to check them all:

- your internet connection can be blocked by your firewall, or simply the activation server might be temporarily unavailable.

- if the computer is new and with Win7 or Win8 (especially Win8), then you need to install with admin rights and set compatibility to WinXP

- you might have mistyped the key

There are a few other options after you checked the above, but for those you need to send a support ticket, they can't be handled on the forum.

So if nothing of the above helps - the link to support is top right.

Another Fen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
As far as I remember the activation keys are only usable three times in a row before they expire - at least the ones Protexis once delivered, I don't know for sure if Degica handles this differently. An obvious reason for this would be limitation of damage when some of the activation keys become public.

If that is the case, sending your vendor a support query should help getting your key restored.

*too slow*

Last edited by a moderator:

Penumbra

Villager
Reaction score
Well, I tried all those things, and none of them worked, so I submitted a support ticket, and I haven't heard anything back in the week since. :\ I've actually submitted support tickets about this at least twice before I even posted here, and I never got anything back then, either. Any idea how I might be able to get a response? :\ I have checked the spam folder each time as well, for what it's worth.

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should probably try sending another support ticket. Sometimes the staff get buried under an avalanche of support requests and might miss one or two.

Another thing is, you might have trouble receiving a response from this website if you are using a hotmail account. I know I never received one from the forums. My account had to be manually activated (I'm sure it's thanks to Nathanial B.).

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How long ago did you purchase VX? Was it from Degica or Protexis?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sometimes support tickets don't make it to our system because of filters in the emails. If you PM me, I can see about getting it straightened out.

PusheenK

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sometimes support tickets don't make it to our system because of filters in the emails. If you PM me, I can see about getting it straightened out.
I also had a similar issue where I just bought RPG Maker VX Ace, but the product key didn't work and it says I have key expiration on the page, even though I've only played the the 30 day trial. Any help?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[necro]PusheenK[/necro]
Please post a new thread in this section, setting out all the details that you can.

[mod]Closing[/mod]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV
It's ironic, but one of the many hilarious things done with Shia's Just Do It speech was to make a hype song, and....I know what it is.....but I still get inspired by it! I'm like..."Yes I can!!"
That moment when you realize you lost time frankenstiening a sprite together, only to realize it already exited.
My first game is going to have the main character more or less create monsters as his party members.

Thanks to the plugin creators still producing content for MV, I might be able to give each of the monster members a personalized range of tactics during combat. I liked how the devs made it like that in FF6.
Stream will be live shortly! Tonight will be the PREMIERE of Killer 7 for the first half of the stream, and at half-stream, we will switch to a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrrupption