joket

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone. I'm trying to create a system similar to the one of zelda oracle of time/season.
Here how it works:
You have 2 slots: A and B.
You can anytime open the main menu and select what key item to assign on A and B.
Then by A press or B press you use the given item (sword, shield, bombs).
Now, through the YEP button common events I can manage to event and create the items and let them work when the button is pressed. But I can't get how to switch the items assigning them from the menu, triggering different common events.
Can you help me eventing/modding the plugin?

1631898960621.png

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there is a tutorial how to event it, but the problem on that is, it requires
alot of checks of the item that you place on A or B.

when on A, you need an else handler to check if that item is on A,
otherwise if it's on B, if not, you check if any other item is on that slot.

for 4-5 items it's really doable to create it, but if you have 15 items, you can
rather try to request a plugin for those handling.

but it depends how many buttons do you have for those items?
just A and B, or also classic way with arrows A, B, left, down, right?

I dont know if it's easy to find tutorial on youtube that I came across
around 7 month ago, but using YEP_ButtonCommonEvents might work,
but you need alot of else handler in there to switch and use.

joket

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd like to make around 20 items but maybe just one or two buttons (A and S on keyboard, or just A).
I do think here a plugin would work smoother...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It does sometimes get a little embarrassing that I often come here to ask for help with something and seldom have anything to actually show for it. If there is one thing though I can commend myself for, it's for sticking with an idea I've been tinkering with for this long now and gradually making headways. Even though I've been reserved about my progress, I can say I'm farther now than where I initially started.
I'm gonna put my project on pause for a tiny bit so I can explore the engine outside of it... Winging it can only get you so far LMFAO
Have seen some of my favorite people here posting and helping others with questions today -- love to see it!
Haven't been on here actively in awhile, project is going strong my biggest issue is the STORY, i'm refining the plot and learning so much i decided to take a writers class to improve even more but the programming and functionality of the game is stepping up nicely!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davna90