Cricketfoot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I feel like this is a simple one, but I can't quite seem to dig up an answer.

I want a key item...let's just say for example a 4-leaf clover...that does something like permanently ups the characters luck or enables the double item drop party ability. How hard would this be to do? 

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Items are having effects, not features - that is a difference that limits it a bit.

There is an effect on the item that does add points to parameters when the item is used - you should make sure that the item is consumed in that case, or it could be used to peak the parameter beyond any limit.

However, the special party ability features are not available as effects, they could only be added to weapons or armor (that need to be equipped in order to give that feature to the player).

Changing that would need a script - and for that we would need a bit more info about the idea.

Cricketfoot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you for the reply, Andar. 

I basically just want the player to find a 4-leaf clover that will be a key item that could not be consumed. I haven't fully decided what I want the effects of the clover to be, but I'd like whatever those effects are to always be active. Basically it's a permanent buff, I guess.

I may have just answered my own question. I think I can create a state, maybe call it "Lucky," and just apply that state permanently when the player finds the clover.

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
If you don't want it to be a consumable item, you may want to make it an equipable accessory. Yanfly has a script which let's you customize the equip slots if you want to equip more than one accessory.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

FL Studio is a huge step up from LMMS but I'm having such a tough time with it D:<
The new Dune movie reminds me of the game Dune 2 made by Westwood. A quality product on its own, but extremely disloyal to its source of inspiration.
Terrible Writing Advice, you've done it again.
1635026211997.png
Feeling like my new profile picture is nice. Thinking of making it semi-permanent, does any one has an opinion? Does it look too evil or does it work as a public profile picture? :)
Bishiba.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aj1913