Key product isn't working...

WhyIamaPotato

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(Hello! I'm new, so if there's already a solution to this, or if I'm in the wrong place, please tell me!)

In January, I started the free trial of RPG Maker MV and I completed the 20 days of it. It's only today that I bought the full version, from the website (Not from RPG Maker's expired version screen). I have received my email telling me that I received the product with the key, I even screenshotted it.

My problem is that I tried many times to enter my key product on RPG Maker MV, but it never worked after 2h of trying and searching on Internet. I even tried uninstalling the free trial version and installing RPG Maker MV again. I also did it again, but it still doesn't work. Here's more information, if it's necessary:
- I'm on Windows 7
- I downloaded the file named ''RPGMV_162W_Setup.zip'' (I deleted the .zip when I could see RPG Maker MV's icon, so there wouldn't be two files with the same name)
- When I enter the product key, this message appears ''Resource Not Found''

If anyone could tell me if I missed a step or something, it'd be really great! I want to make my game happen so badly...

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
current windows versions often disable the TLS2.0 options by default, and the DRM used by Degica needs that.

Go into your windows configuration/system options, search for the access to the internet options and then go through the advanced list and enable the TLS there. After that the DRM will be able to activate your editor.

additionally you can also use that key to activate the program on steam. The key purchased on this website doubles as steam key and you can have both versions installed at the same time (for example to have them in two languages)
(I deleted the .zip when I could see RPG Maker MV's icon, so there wouldn't be two files with the same name)
there never are - it only looks that way if you tell windows to hide the extension. But one would be named setup.exe and the other would be named setup.zip. It is technically impossible to have the same name twice, that is where the added (1) etc comes from if you download something multiple times.

WhyIamaPotato

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First of all, thank you so much for the really quick reply, I really appreciate that. (I didn't even expect it to be honest-)

Second of all, I found where to activate the TLS stuff and the other versions were indeed disabled by default...but there was no TLS 2.0: only TLS 1.0 (Default), TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2. I tried to search for TLS 2.0, but I didn't find it. (Maybe my laptop needs an update...? When I searched on Internet, it seemed like TLS 2.0 was only a Windows 10 thing though, but maybe I simply didn't search at the right place.)

I tried to unlock TLS 1.2 and it did change something went I entered my key product again! It didn't work like I wanted to though, here's the message I got:key expired.PNG

I didn't think of Steam, so I went there right away after your reply. I still don't know how to download it after already buying though, I think I'd need to buy RPG Maker MV on Steam to be able to activate any key product. If you have a link to a tutorial or if anyone could explain to me how I could use my key product on Steam, it'd be really great!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
rpg mv keys work both for stand alone and steam version (you can even use both
if you like.

but the key should work. if you copy paste from mail at least or if imput it manually
that you arent missing a number/letter or symbol ( xxx-xxxxx-xxxx)

I'm not entirely sure if you can register it within the editor.
some softeware is under the dropdown menu "register software" or similair.
MV had a popup when opening it.

the key probably mostly work as well with the correct email (if used) or try to
use the key without email and see if it works.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I meant 1.2, my mistake

What you now have depends on where you purchased your key.

Contrary to what @ShadowDragon wrote there is a case where this would happen.

If you purchased the key on this website (and ONLY here) then the key doubles as key for standalone and steam and works in both cases.
If you purchased the key from a steam reseller, then that key will only work for STEAM, but NOT on the standalone trial.

In the first case you mistyped the key to get the answer, in the second case the answer is correct and you need to enter the key into your steam account to activate RMMV there.

EDIT:
The steam product activation it through the menu at the very top and does NOT require you to buy it again.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar that you buy a steam key only works for steam is something I didn't know.
I will keep this in mind. (I learn everyday something more).

WhyIamaPotato

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you both for helping me, I finally got it to work! Thank you for explaining the differences between the type of key products too, @Andar. Like @ShadowDragon said, we learn more everyday and that's definitely good to know.

The problem wasn't if I mispelled the key product or where I bought RPG Maker MV though, it was again a TLS problem. The error message I showed before would happen when I'd only check TLS 1.2. I tried to check both TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.2 this time and it that's how I unlocked the program!

TLDR for anyone having the same problem: If you get a ''Ressource Not Found'' message when entering your key product, check both TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.2 from the ''Internet Access Configuration'' (Or whatever it would be called on your computer).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If you'll mind a bit, ElfKisser is the polar opposite of GoblinSlayer.
"Bury me as much as you want in this pain, I'll still rise to hug you again!"

Hero or masochist?

Lol these new tiles are looking cute. :B
Made with Country Woods (Available on the Store) and Country Woods II (w.i.p)
Turns out 4 layers is A LOT.
I noticed random Japanese dialogue in the FF7 remake while playing in English. More than once. Just now I saved a vid where Tifa spoke Japanese after a battle. We all make mistakes lol, this is kinda funny though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PasalReturning36