biud436

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@fusegu I can't seem to help you anymore as long as I don't directly analyze your game and don't modify it. I've created this plugin to support the keyboard input of languages such as Chinese, Korean, Arabic. So if your first language is English, I recommend you find another plugin that supports the keyboard input in battle. 

fusegu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
THATS exactly why I need yours to work >.<  My game goes back and forth from Japanese to English and back. I can send over a copy of my game if you'd like to see.  I can understand If you don't either.  No biggie. You've given me a lot of your time and I appreciate it.

biud436

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
THATS exactly why I need yours to work >.<  My game goes back and forth from Japanese to English and back. I can send over a copy of my game if you'd like to see.  I can understand If you don't either.  No biggie. You've given me a lot of your time and I appreciate it.

I will never find its solution as long as you can't send your demo game to me. you can send the private message to me. But even if you send it to me, I might not be able to solve its issue.

fusegu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I PMed you a google drive link for the game.  Also I think I may have narrowed it down more.  In my game, if I simply click, it doesn't have any issues.  But during battle if I use the enter key, that's when the issues appear. 

biud436

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I PMed you a google drive link for the game.  Also I think I may have narrowed it down more.  In my game, if I simply click, it doesn't have any issues.  But during battle if I use the enter key, that's when the issues appear. 
I needed a way to pause the battle screen. There were two ways to do that and I used the 'requestUpdate' function of the SceneManager. It requests an update to the browser every frame. But it had a problem. So I didn't use it and used a different way to freeze the battle screen after I removed that code. However the issue seems still there but I will find out the solution someday. Thank you for your feedback.

+ v1.1.65 Updated :
 - Added some style codes such as a text shadow and an outline into the text box.
 - Fixed the way that can temporarily stop attack and skill actions with an enemy when the text box is activated in the battle.
 - It will not process the text input when the text box is not shown in the battle.
 - In the debug mode, It adds the result value to a log window after the text input is done.

Last edited by a moderator:

fusegu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I downloaded the latest version.  I have to do so more extensive play testing BUT I think you got it pal.

Thank  you so much and great work!

Spearnear

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The demo instantly crashes with no errors when I type or click on the edit window.  I haven't done anything either.  The plugin doesn't seem to work at all. :( Any idea what's wrong? 

https://3.sendvid.com/dqo6nckj.mp4

I've been looking for this kind of plugin since MV came out, I'm really eager to try it out.  Hope someone can help me out!   Thanks if so!

biud436

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The demo instantly crashes with no errors when I type or click on the edit window.  I haven't done anything either.  The plugin doesn't seem to work at all. :( Any idea what's wrong? 

https://3.sendvid.com/dqo6nckj.mp4

I've been looking for this kind of plugin since MV came out, I'm really eager to try it out.  Hope someone can help me out!   Thanks if so!

The keyboard input dialog scene is automatically terminated pressing the decision key such as keycode called 0x13. So it doesn't respond originally to the mouse click. But it is not your fault. That is because this plugin doesn't have the stable code. So this plugin can cause exceptions in certain circumstances and there may be problem.

Spearnear

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It happens when I type OR click though.  In my video all I did was push "A" on the keyboard.  It worked wonderfully on your introduction video though, so I'm wondering how to get it working.  Does it have something against wireless keyboards, perhaps?

biud436

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It happens when I type OR click though.  In my video all I did was push "A" on the keyboard.  It worked wonderfully on your introduction video though, so I'm wondering how to get it working.  Does it have something against wireless keyboards, perhaps?
Could you send to me your demo project? To resolve an issue, I need to analyze it.

Spearnear

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
All I did was try your demo.  For some reason, your demo did not work when I tried it (I changed nothing).  I figured if that didn't work, that I had no chance of the script itself working.  I appreciate your time and assistance, I'll try making a demo like yours and see if it still does the same thing.

fusegu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@spearnear Try loading it up into your own project.  After all the minor tweaks, the plug in is working pretty fabulously for my main project and the generic "test" project I use. 

Krimer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ukrainian
Hey @biud436 i need your help :)  When player click somewhere with mouse except text box or game window lose focus - it will force close dialog. Can you, please, block it or add switch to choose when its needed or not? 

biud436

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey @biud436 i need your help :)  When player click somewhere with mouse except text box or game window lose focus - it will force close dialog. Can you, please, block it or add switch to choose when its needed or not? 

The following code handles the change event if certain switch is true.

TextBox.prototype.setEvent = function(func) {
var textBox = document.getElementById(this._textBoxID);
textBox.onchange = function() {
if($gameSwitches.value(1)) {
func();
}
};
this._func = func;
};

'onchange' event is executed when the text box is losing the focus or the user commits the change by leaving the text box that has focus.

Damaris

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This plugin has some pretty cool potential uses. I'm thinking about using it to make a Hacking mechanic. =]

Something I noticed was that if you start your input with a number, the saved variable will only register the first number - ignoring letters afterwards. Example; input F13SR2 returns F13SR2, however input 13DS returns 13, and input 1RK64 returns 1.

Trying to figure out how to run an conditional branch for pre-set inputs using the conditional branch script function. something like if $gameVariables.value(x) == "Test";? Still wrapping my head around JS =].

Edit; Some playing around revealed the answer; $gameVariables.value(x) == "test" works =].

biud436

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Something I noticed was that if you start your input with a number, the saved variable will only register the first number - ignoring letters afterwards. Example; input F13SR2 returns F13SR2, however input 13DS returns 13, and input 1RK64 returns 1.

I've fixed the bug.
Thank you for your feedback.

Damaris

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Here's a short video demonstration of how I'm using your plugin at the moment.

It's a fairly complicated, mostly unfinished and completely optional minigame I put together in a couple of hours using your plugin. I thought others might like to see the potential usage of your plugin.

Edit: Most of the video wasn't run in full screen - at the very end you can see I make it full screen and the textbox centers oddly. I did attempt to adjust the position of the input field to be static but I'm quite bad with Javascript =].

Last edited:

jobar

WonderLang
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there,
I am looking for a way to change the input window position.
I looked into to plugin but couldn't find the right parameters to adjust. I just managed to remove it form the center and put it on top.

I would also like to have the window displayed on top or inside a message without deleting the message. Any idea how I could achieve that?

biud436

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there,
I am looking for a way to change the input window position.
I looked into to plugin but couldn't find the right parameters to adjust. I just managed to remove it form the center and put it on top.

I would also like to have the window displayed on top or inside a message without deleting the message. Any idea how I could achieve that?
Unfortunately, It does not solve easily.

IME provides in a browser, so it is displayed at an independent position from a game canvas. so to display in the correct place, you need to know the CSS.

This plugin is directly accessing using JavaScript to CSS and In fact it is a bad way.

It is pretty hard to display in the correct place. However, I think that you can also easily specify up the position by using the JS-library like as Bootstrap.

But, to do that, you may need to understand what CSS and JS are doing in this plugin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We'll be doing another giveaway of MZ on the stream tomorrow! Thank you SykoGaming for contributing a copy for the community! :D
Sorry guys! Been away for long this time. Got attacked by my anxieties again. At least no more bedbugs. Got logged out of here and layout seems strange now a bit.
My old project is now a sitcom
How to do implementation the social politcal mechanics in rpg maker? Thank you for quick spark of ideas. Fear of going to the thread lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memakegamemekillminority