Khas Advanced Lighting v4.2 Ultra (now with real-time shadows!)

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Khas, Apr 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. spckk

spckk Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I read your post and thought about it for a bit.. It's not perfect, but my solution is to:

run an X = Y grid check for the light source, and match that with a n>(range of enemy sight) for proximity based on light source. If it's above 3, they will only see the character if they're close enough to the light source.

Run the sight event of your size preference on all of your lights, and have them activate a switch when the player enters them, that switch then checking for if they're still in it. That switch can turn on enemy move routes, alarms and pathfinding, etc.;

as it stands, the way lighting is I don't believe it communicates with the engine where is more lit than where else, and to have that check would be a whole 'nother plugin, or an addition to this one. It's possible through eventing!

JLowther and Rink27 like this.
  2. Skurge

Skurge " (GASP) What's going on!? " Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Is it possible to add light effects to battle backgrounds that tint the party/enemy sprites?

3. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Skurge You can do this using the 'Battle Lights' addon which is included in the demo.

EDIT
    Oops - I didn't notice this was the MV version. I don't know if that's what the add-on is called in MV.

4. Skurge

Skurge " (GASP) What's going on!? " Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hm correct me if I am wrong, but with the plugin the battle lighting option is there for toggling the battle screen to take on the current tint prior to battle? Also the addition to add lighting to party members etc, I'm not 100% certain if MV is capable of having these light scripts displayed on some kind of co-ordinates to match the background?

5. Hayden

Hayden Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi. I'm trying to decide whether or not to use this plugin or the Terrax one for lighting. One thing that's annoying me with the Khas one is that if you have the plugin enabled it deletes all the shadows in game that are made with the shadow pen. I want to have those as well as lighting. Is that possible?

6. JamesRyan

JamesRyan Game Designer Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can bring the default shadows back by following this method which Khas told me before:

SOC likes this.
  7. brunoah

brunoah Warper Member

First Language:
    FRench
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello everyone, a quick question, I'm trying to run the plugin with Orange TimeSystem. If I run orange everything goes well, and vice versa with this plugin alone. but the two pair, I have only for example the torch that appears but it disables the basic lighting of Orange. Ideas ? (sorry for my English ;-) )

EDIT : Same things with 4.2 Version

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  8. Hayden

Hayden Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This worked perfect. Thank you!

9. brunoah

brunoah Warper Member

First Language:
    FRench
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Je vous remercie ! J'avais parcouru tous les messages, je n'avais pas vu celui-là. Ça marche !

starcrescendo likes this.
  10. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @brunoah This is an English Language site and all public posts must be in English and only in English. Please edit your post and translate it. Use Google translate if your English is not enough to do it.

starcrescendo likes this.
  11. VHStapes

VHStapes Game Designer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm getting the same error as Skurge. I have turned off every plugin but the three Khas ones, and it still gives me the "cannot read property 'length' of undefined" error. His demo works perfectly, but even if I copy/paste events from his demo into my game, it errors. I have done and re-done everything meticulously but I must be missing something. @Skurge did you find a solution for this?

EDIT: I updated to khas lighting 3.2 and it works.

12. Gabezin

Gabezin Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Is it possible to fix the light on a specific point, in a parallax background?

For example, I want to put a light on a moon in the background, but with it staying in the same place (in parallax) even if I go
    walking around the map. Is there a way?

JLowther likes this.
  13. JLowther

JLowther Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'd like to do something similar to this, except basically positioning a light where I choose, without needing events for it to "latch" onto.

14. vegetamaker

vegetamaker Warper Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello! I decided to try this plugin, but I am having few problems with BattleLighting command. Let me explain:

I set [ambient_light 0] in map notetag. So player only see where lights are.

With the version 2.1 I get an error, but the demo works correctly. BattleLighting Reset and BattleLighting AmbientLight 20 worked perfectly. Even with random battles after set it in an event.

With any other version the command is not working, even in demo version. The commands work correctly if I use them in troops events (it is not an attractive option.). Any other feature that I tryed was working correctly.

All my tests where using a clean project in 1.6.1 and in the demo provided.

Am I missing something now?

Edit: Nvm, I am a dummy. I found the problem. If someone is having the same problem, set OFF AutoBattle Lighting in plugin configuration

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  15. JLowther

JLowther Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Any thoughts on how one might have the lighting of a tile change (and remain that way) as the player walks over it? (other than spawning invisible events everywhere the player steps, I mean...)

16. keizz

keizz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I can't contact to Khas , I want to buy script to use for commercial game, anyone can help me to contact to him ?

17. JamesRyan

JamesRyan Game Designer Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    He hasn't been appeared for a while. I wanted to contact him too.

18. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is it possible to set it so that on certain region like say 20, you would be able to give light to region 10 but not other way around for purposes of lantern/flashlight? Meaning, if I'm on above platform I can use flashlight to point to ground but not other way around?

19. peq42_

peq42_ Yeet Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese(BR)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Purely using the plugin I don't believe so. Maybe you can try the old trick of teleporting to a similar map with different regions when you go down.

Also you can try to use those plugins that copy parts of other maps into the one you want when you go downstairs. If they manage to copy the region IDs too and the Khas' engine updates that information, that may work.

Or if you understand enough javascript, try adding a system in which some specific events block the light when they have a certain comment. That way you can make them be some kind of invisible wall for the light

20. sefeloth

sefeloth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    this is really cool