Khas Advanced Lighting v4.2 Ultra (now with real-time shadows!)

spckk

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I doubt it, but does anyone know if it's possible for an event to detect the ambience "over" it from any point light sources?

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to achieve something like: an event behaving differently depending on how "visible" (how much ambience is revealing it) on screen.

I read your post and thought about it for a bit.. It's not perfect, but my solution is to:

run an X = Y grid check for the light source, and match that with a n>(range of enemy sight) for proximity based on light source. If it's above 3, they will only see the character if they're close enough to the light source.

Run the sight event of your size preference on all of your lights, and have them activate a switch when the player enters them, that switch then checking for if they're still in it. That switch can turn on enemy move routes, alarms and pathfinding, etc.;

as it stands, the way lighting is I don't believe it communicates with the engine where is more lit than where else, and to have that check would be a whole 'nother plugin, or an addition to this one. It's possible through eventing!

Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is it possible to add light effects to battle backgrounds that tint the party/enemy sprites?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Skurge You can do this using the 'Battle Lights' addon which is included in the demo.

EDIT
Oops - I didn't notice this was the MV version. I don't know if that's what the add-on is called in MV.

Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hm correct me if I am wrong, but with the plugin the battle lighting option is there for toggling the battle screen to take on the current tint prior to battle? Also the addition to add lighting to party members etc, I'm not 100% certain if MV is capable of having these light scripts displayed on some kind of co-ordinates to match the background?

Hayden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi. I'm trying to decide whether or not to use this plugin or the Terrax one for lighting. One thing that's annoying me with the Khas one is that if you have the plugin enabled it deletes all the shadows in game that are made with the shadow pen. I want to have those as well as lighting. Is that possible?

JamesRyan

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi. I'm trying to decide whether or not to use this plugin or the Terrax one for lighting. One thing that's annoying me with the Khas one is that if you have the plugin enabled it deletes all the shadows in game that are made with the shadow pen. I want to have those as well as lighting. Is that possible?

You can bring the default shadows back by following this method which Khas told me before:
@JamesRyan this is on purpose! You can remove this feature by commenting or removing the following lines:
Code:
// - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
// * ShaderTilemap
// - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  ShaderTilemap.prototype._drawShadow = function(layer, shadowBits, dx, dy) {
  };

Reactions: SOC

brunoah

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
FRench
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone, a quick question, I'm trying to run the plugin with Orange TimeSystem. If I run orange everything goes well, and vice versa with this plugin alone. but the two pair, I have only for example the torch that appears but it disables the basic lighting of Orange. Ideas ? (sorry for my English ;-) )

EDIT : Same things with 4.2 Version

6fzjbm.png

2rz7uw1.png

30vd4q0.png

Last edited:

brunoah

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
FRench
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Je vous remercie ! J'avais parcouru tous les messages, je n'avais pas vu celui-là. Ça marche !

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@brunoah This is an English Language site and all public posts must be in English and only in English. Please edit your post and translate it. Use Google translate if your English is not enough to do it.

VHStapes

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm getting the same error as Skurge. I have turned off every plugin but the three Khas ones, and it still gives me the "cannot read property 'length' of undefined" error. His demo works perfectly, but even if I copy/paste events from his demo into my game, it errors. I have done and re-done everything meticulously but I must be missing something. @Skurge did you find a solution for this?

EDIT: I updated to khas lighting 3.2 and it works.

Gabezin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Is it possible to fix the light on a specific point, in a parallax background?

For example, I want to put a light on a moon in the background, but with it staying in the same place (in parallax) even if I go
walking around the map. Is there a way?

JLowther

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is it possible to fix the light on a specific point, in a parallax background?

For example, I want to put a light on a moon in the background, but with it staying in the same place (in parallax) even if I go
walking around the map. Is there a way?

I'd like to do something similar to this, except basically positioning a light where I choose, without needing events for it to "latch" onto.

vegetamaker

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I decided to try this plugin, but I am having few problems with BattleLighting command. Let me explain:

I set [ambient_light 0] in map notetag. So player only see where lights are.

With the version 2.1 I get an error, but the demo works correctly. BattleLighting Reset and BattleLighting AmbientLight 20 worked perfectly. Even with random battles after set it in an event.

With any other version the command is not working, even in demo version. The commands work correctly if I use them in troops events (it is not an attractive option.). Any other feature that I tryed was working correctly.

All my tests where using a clean project in 1.6.1 and in the demo provided.

Am I missing something now?

Edit: Nvm, I am a dummy. I found the problem. If someone is having the same problem, set OFF AutoBattle Lighting in plugin configuration

Last edited:

JLowther

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Any thoughts on how one might have the lighting of a tile change (and remain that way) as the player walks over it? (other than spawning invisible events everywhere the player steps, I mean...)

keizz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't contact to Khas , I want to buy script to use for commercial game, anyone can help me to contact to him ?

JamesRyan

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't contact to Khas , I want to buy script to use for commercial game, anyone can help me to contact to him ?
He hasn't been appeared for a while. I wanted to contact him too.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to set it so that on certain region like say 20, you would be able to give light to region 10 but not other way around for purposes of lantern/flashlight? Meaning, if I'm on above platform I can use flashlight to point to ground but not other way around?

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to set it so that on certain region like say 20, you would be able to give light to region 10 but not other way around for purposes of lantern/flashlight? Meaning, if I'm on above platform I can use flashlight to point to ground but not other way around?
Purely using the plugin I don't believe so. Maybe you can try the old trick of teleporting to a similar map with different regions when you go down.

Also you can try to use those plugins that copy parts of other maps into the one you want when you go downstairs. If they manage to copy the region IDs too and the Khas' engine updates that information, that may work.

Or if you understand enough javascript, try adding a system in which some specific events block the light when they have a certain comment. That way you can make them be some kind of invisible wall for the light

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

5 months and no progression at all, i love me.
1.6 update incoming with quality breakthrough! :kaoluv:

1643254634071.png
I might try the mechanical bull at the fair on Friday... for one of the challenges, if you stay on for two minutes, you win $200. I might give that a try and see if I win--I'm pretty good at holding on to things.
Remaking a more streamlined version of my Remote Move map skill in MZ, just one switch and one variable to handle everything. If you seen the Move skill in Golden Sun before, moving far away items with your mind is pretty cool

MZtestRemoteMove.gif
I don't want to brag or anything but I was entertaining a woman the other night. I told her jokes while she bandaged my foot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flike1963