Khas Advanced Lighting v4.2 Ultra (now with real-time shadows!)

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Khas, Apr 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Kenode

Kenode Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I just checked it, seems to be in the page before this one. So, let's see if I got this straight. The issue is basically that it requires WebGL? In that case, that was to be expected. Khas said himself in the first post of this thread:

I'm not sure if newer systems have this problem. If they do, I wonder if there is a fix for it.

2. cedr777

cedr777 Lead developer of "Charao Life" Veteran

First Language:
    Not English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I read in wikipedia that webgl's Initial release was March 3, 2011. Problem is, there will always be people who will be trying out games made in MV with PCs/laptops older than 2011.

There is a code linked by DarkShadow44 that forces the game to ignore the GPU blacklist. Check my previous post, however I have not tried if it works or not since I made the switch over to Terrax anyway because of the conflict with Options Core.

That and In order to see if it works, you probably will need to test it on a PC older than 2011.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  3. bighoncho

bighoncho Veteran Veteran

When I place a light on the map, it is not showing. But it only show after I set any number of ambient light.
    is that normal?

Also, when I tried to set a region light, it is displaying only Square shape picture of the same size as the region block.
    How do I solve this?

I am using MV version 1.6.2

4. cedr777

cedr777 Lead developer of "Charao Life" Veteran

First Language:
    Not English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    done, unwatched thread.

5. Krystek_My

Krystek_My Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It is so sad that such an amazing plugin is abandoned now.

Kenode likes this.
  6. ArcKaarisun

ArcKaarisun Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm new to both these forums and RPG Maker MV in general. I have this error message pop up when I test the game each and every time. "Loading Error. Failed to load: img/lights/flashligh_2.png. Does the same error for "Halogen" as well. I have made no modification nor do I have any other plugins aside from which came with RPGmaker MV.

7. Kenode

Kenode Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Does it do it for any other light? If so, you may be missing the lighting graphics that come with the plugin, or you may not have installed them correctly.

ArcKaarisun and Aryn like this.
  8. JamesRyan

JamesRyan Game Designer Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Does anyone know how to contact Khas at the moment? Some of his customers (including me) need to contact him to buy his plugin license, but it seems like he is not active anymore.

Kenode and Aryn like this.
  9. Aryn

Aryn Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes, as @Kenode says, I would guess you didn't copy-paste the img/lights folder from the tutorial into your game folder, @ArcKaarisun.

And @JamesRyan, I'd very much like to know this as well. My game crucially depends on this plugin. :(

ArcKaarisun likes this.
  10. Kenode

Kenode Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am having the same problem. I want to buy a plugin license from Khas but I don't know how to get in touch with him. If anyone knows anything, I'd appreciate the info.

11. ArcKaarisun

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm sure I placed the "lights" folder and its contents in my "img" folder for the game. Not sure what else it could be.

12. Kenode

Kenode Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't know then...
    All I can say is, make sure you didn't install just the light bitmaps of Advanced Lighting on Ultra Lighting, and vice versa. There are some graphics which differ, some are missing from the other. Maybe to be sure you could just install both.

Also, make sure you have the core plugins in order (KhasCore on the top of the Khas list, KhasGraphics in the middle of the Khas list, and Khas Lighting under all three of them).

That's how I installed it (following the instructions). If that doesn't help, then I don't know what else could it be...

Aryn and ArcKaarisun like this.
  13. ArcKaarisun

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Kenode This may be this issue. I will check into it. Thank you for taking the time to help me out. My game relies heavily on this plugin.

14. ArcKaarisun

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Kenode Well that did fix that issue. Thank you. Now it seems I have another issue.
    I have all of these in order. They are all active. Lights folder is in "Img" folder of my game. My current issue is that I am following Khas's advanced light tutorial to the T, but I cannot get the ambient light to work either way that he suggests. I don't know what else to do. http://arcthunder.blogspot.com/p/tutorial-advanced-lighting.html Also, WebGL is permitted and active on my PC/browser if that matters at all.

15. Kenode

Kenode Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It would help to know what you are exactly typing. I never got the intensity setting to work, though. I just type [ambient_light RRGGBB] in the map notes, where RRGGBB is the color, for example [ambient_light ffeea9]. If I want darker tones I just use lower values.

16. ArcKaarisun

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Basically I'm trying get the night time look without dimming the lighting provided by khas's plugin. @Kenode [Ambient_Light 50] 50 being 50% dimmer than it's usual 100% effect. This is typed in the "Note" box on the map editor. The other way he suggests is using the "Plugin Command" AmbientLight 50. Neither work for me sadly.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  17. Aryn

Aryn Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've gotten all the plugin settings to work, although I found custom lights a bit more difficult. For example, I put this for a dark dungeon in the map editor note box:

[ambient_light 5]
    [ambient_light 000A57]

I also have a switch that turns on/off a common event for day/night cycle, so that day/night doesn't happen in dungeons and such. There are a series of switches and conditionals that change the time of day, so e.g. Night is:

Plugin Command: AmbientLight 10 600
    Plugin Command: AmbientLight 000A57 600

That will gradually change the light over 10 seconds. As you can see, the dungeons are darker than the night effect itself, requiring flashlights. The plugin command should also work from an event, so I'd set up a test game with an event where you can select different light levels and experiment. Also take a very close look at Khas's tutorial. I don't think I could have set everything up properly without it.

Does this help at all? If you want the map commands to work, make sure you haven't accidentally turned AutoAmbientLight light off somewhere. I really can't think of anything else. :(

Kenode and ArcKaarisun like this.
  18. ArcKaarisun

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for the help. I will create a test game and go over everything with a fine tooth comb. Hopefully I can get this working. I'll post my results when I'm off work next week. Thank you both again. @Aryn @Kenode

Kenode and Aryn like this.
  19. DarkHunter

DarkHunter Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello! This plugin can work with Mog Hunter Time System? :)

I'm just want to curious about this :D

20. Dusttt

Dusttt Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Found in on his website:
    If you want to use this plugin with a free RPG Maker game, you can do it for free and there's no need to contact me. I only ask you to give credit to "Khas" or "Khas Custom Scripts" somewhere in your game. You may include my blog url if you want.

This plugin is NOT FREE for COMMERCIAL use. If you want to use it on a commercial title (any game that you may sell), you must pay a one-time $15 USD fee (payable via PayPal only - please send me an e-mail, see Contact page on my blog). This license covers commercial use for your current and future projects, and it allows you to use all my plugins.