Khas Advanced Lighting v4.2 Ultra (now with real-time shadows!)

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Khas, Apr 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Kenode

Kenode Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What about it? If you mean why we're trying to get in touch with Khas, it's because we want to purchase a license to release games commercially.
    If you're asking what the license agreement means, it means if you are going to make any money while using his plugins, you have to purchase a license for his plugins. If you aren't making any money in any games that use his plugins, all you have to do is credit him instead.

Here's the problem, we want to purchase the license, but he isn't to be found anywhere. I've tried contacting him via e-mail, like he asks in his website, but he isn't responding. I hope he's okay at least.

2. JamesRyan

JamesRyan Game Designer Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    He did not reply the email. It is like he has disappeared from the internet, and the only way to deal with this is to meet him in person, which is most likely unable for us.

Aryn, DarkHunter and Kenode like this.
  3. Leon_Artmann

Leon_Artmann Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Could anyone help me out with something that I'm not really sure if it's possible? I would bet that it isn't, but it' worth a try:

in 4.2, Can I make the shadows that are created by regions look pixelated? I've used a pixelate effect in the "torch.png" file and I like the result, but I realize that the shadows created by regions use a different system, I guess

I appreciate any feedback here

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  4. keizz

keizz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I wonder if we make commercial game without buy license from Khas (Because we can't contact him) it will any problem ?

So give me some advice or any idea please.

5. Kenode

Kenode Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've been wondering the same thing. Not that I am in a rush to release a game or anything right now since I still have a lot of things to do, but we don't know if he's completely gone from the internet or if he'll be coming back anytime soon...

keizz likes this.
  6. DarkHunter

DarkHunter Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think you can create lightning's plugin for sharing us?
    Also need work with Orange Overlay and Mog Time System too if you can do! i believe in you! :)

7. Leon_Artmann

Leon_Artmann Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    EDIT: Let me chage my question yet again. Is it possible for me to use the plugin command that changes ambientlight tint AND the plugin command that changes ambientlight intensity at the same time, but not instantly? For example:

Plugin Command: Ambientlight FF5D00 120
    Plugin Command: Ambient light 30 120

I want both of these commands to run at the same time (because the "wait" command between them kinda ruin things), but if I leave like this, the second AmbientLight command cuts the first one, so I get a darker screen, but no color change. Any ideas?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  8. sstalker80

sstalker80 Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    One thing Khas didn't specify is you need images in the lights folder specific to his plugin; download his demo, copy that lights folder, and slap it in your img folder. I literally just ran through that. Hope it helps!

9. Hahasea

Hahasea Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey guys, would love some help, I think it's pretty simple, not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I can't seem to get the size of the player light to change. I have a parallel run event with:

Plugin Command : PlayerLantern halogen
    Comment : [light_size 200]

The initial PlayerLantern command works great, but the light size comment doesn't seem to work. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks (and if Khas ever sees this, thanks! The plugin is great!)

10. Espilonarge

Espilonarge Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Comments generally only work for the "event" itself rather than applying it to "player" lights. Instead, you can modify any-and-all lights (and add new ones) in the KhasUltraLighting.js plugin file after line 173 (I suggest getting something like Notepad++ when making modifications). For example...

The "size" modifier is based on a percentage scale. A value of 200 will "double" the lights size while a value of 50 will be "half" instead (I would suggest to avoid using obsurd values like 1000 or more as someone might accidentally think Gondor is calling for aid).

Hahasea and Leon_Artmann like this.
  11. Hahasea

Hahasea Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  12. Roult

Roult Villager Member

Hello everyone,
    I have a problem with the Plugin, when I transfer my hero from one card to another, while loading a flash appears with the lights. I can not delete them.

I need help please.

Attached Files:

13. Hyouryuu-Na

Hyouryuu-Na Poker-faced girl who is on a break Veteran

First Language:
    Bangla/Bengali
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Roult It happens to me too. How about showing a black image after the transfer? The image can hide the lights. After a wait if like 200 frames, remove the image.

Edit: I haven't tried it. If images don't work, try tinting/fadinv to black.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  14. Oddball

Oddball Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Wait. Can i attach lighting to a state with this? I have a state called illuminate and think this would be great for it

15. Roult

Roult Villager Member

Thank for your answer @Hyouryuu-Na, I tested fadein/fadeout in black or white or nothing, and place a black picture but nothing resolve the problem :/

16. Roult

Roult Villager Member

It's good I have made a solution :D

In transfert event, place fadeout screen, then command "Lighting OFF", then the transfert, then command "Lighting ON", then Fadein.
    Tell me if i resolve for you too.

@Hyouryuu-Na

Attached Files:

Hyouryuu-Na likes this.
  17. Veno

Veno Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The issue with that is it doesn't look right when switching maps, as for a split second then you lose your lighting entirely.

Originally, I had paid for a fix for this. And it was working for a long time, but now I have issues when loading the game that the issue still occurs (but this seems to help fix it in many occasions for map switches)

For reference, my original fix was

[​IMG]
    What that did was hide the "lights" layer until it was finished loading. But it doesn't appear to work entirely now... Anyways, the line that is removed seemed to be a cover for this exact purpose, but was never finished and doesn't do anything.

Again, it sure does help, but doesn't entirely solve the problem, specifically for loading the game from a saved state, but helps during map transfers.

Hopefully someone who's a better coder can help with this.

18. Roult

Roult Villager Member

@Veno thank for your answer,
    unfortunately I'm not good at coding yet, my solution work perfectly without editing plugin (my game is not finished yet).
    It's a pity that Khas has disappeared, do you have any news? I would like to buy the plugin for a sales my game

19. Veno

Veno Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  20. Roult

Roult Villager Member

it's unfortunate, how to pay for the rights of the plugin, I also use the Fog.
    I think marketing anyway by making a message, I pay him when I have an answer.