Khas Advanced Lighting v4.2 Ultra (now with real-time shadows!)

Veno

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know some folks who have just used it anyways commercial, waiting for him to respond to send the payment. They're going on good intentions and all. I personally don't have to worry about the situation as I'm not using it commercially, and there's not really any good advice to give on if you should or should not do it, so it's up each individual really. It is frustrating, as he has one of the best lighting systems out there.

I've messaged a couple coders trying to get the light issue fixed further (the code I posted above works on lightweight games, but not anything more in depth like busy or large maps, etc). As soon as I have a solution I'll post it here as well as the other thread I mentioned.

Sacrifyx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Hey all, is anyone aware of a way to apply a lighting effect to an animation? I have a sequence where a number of lightning bolts hit, but they're no brighter than the rest of the screen (which is darkened for nighttime, I think ambient light is set to 20). I'd like to light those up if at all possible.

Veno

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not in the way you're likely thinking, Sacrifyx.
What I've done is some clever trickery to accomplish this, by throwing a switch to play an animation instead.
The switch activates an event that would either play the animation itself (and have a light attached), or activates a separate event that "teleports in" (via yanfly's move core) and provides the light to the source of the animation (since you can adjust the positioning of lights, it's possible to put the light right where you want).

This is not ideal though, but it gives you an option at least.

AfroditeOhki

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
People were asking here about making this compatible with Mog's Time System, and I was just working on this now so I thought I'd make a quick and painless guide: there's no need for compatibility.

I just tested and this method works with both shadow and shadowless versions of Khas Lighting.

-In Mog TimeSystem options, set your switches and variables (these are just mine, configure them whatever you want). For this you'll need the Dawn/Sunrise/Day/Sunset/Dusk/Night switches, and if you wanna be fancy, the Season switches as well.
upload_2019-12-10_9-52-27.png

-Configure the Tones to zero everything. This will negate the screen tints done by the TimeSystem plugin.
upload_2019-12-10_9-53-18.png

-Now just create Common Events running on parallel, that require each switch.
upload_2019-12-10_9-56-49.png

You can choose your colors - but if you wanna cheat, here's a list of mine:

-Dawn: 454a57
-Sunrise: eec789
-Day: ffffff (aka no change)
-Sunset: d59e48
-Dusk: 6c90b8
-Night: 45596f

And as you have a common event for everything, you can add whatever there, like light beams from the sun at day time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

redrawing one of three my VNM protags
I'm making my game in both English and Portuguese. I wonder if I should add Spanish too? :v
Thinking about picking up Luna Engine, but also wondering if I should wait to see if it goes on sale.
So looks like the last Star Wars movie sucked. We feared George would kill his own legacy after Episode 1. But look like he handed off to others to put it out of its misery. Does that count as assisted suicide?
Brother made thumbnails for my Lets Plays. He's a swood dude.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeachParfait