Khas Advanced Lighting v4.2 Ultra (now with real-time shadows!)

ddblue

新人
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I’ve spent a lot of time on this and had smarter folks than I check the js of the plugin. Long story short, the error isn’t specific to this plugin. It’s just an indicator that it’s taking too long to complete what’s being asked of the program.

There’s no code fix as far as I know, but I have learned that smaller maps, and (in my situation) disabling layer plugins on maps where you want to use this plugin helped.

DiaperDad

Is at home working on a game
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wondering if it's possible to exclude an event from being lit. For example, I have an event with an image with a priority that is 'above character'. If I have player lantern turned on while the player is passing underneath, then the image gets lit up, which I don't want.

Any clever ideas? I thought about and tried using a region id but that just tends to make it look worse.

Thank you.

Multimoon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The download link doesn't works
:(

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wondering if it's possible to exclude an event from being lit. For example, I have an event with an image with a priority that is 'above character'. If I have player lantern turned on while the player is passing underneath, then the image gets lit up, which I don't want.

Any clever ideas? I thought about and tried using a region id but that just tends to make it look worse.

Thank you.
From what I understand, that is probably not possible.
The plugin basically creates a black overlay to darken the map, then merges that with the light sprites to create the illumination effect.
In order for those to light up the map entirely, all of these sprites are merged on a canvas that's set higher than any of the tiles & events.

If one would want a light effect to only affect objects beneath above layer, than you'd need the sprites to be set between the same layer and the above layer, which means you'd have to merge layers at that level, excluding all above layer sprites from being included in the effect, which the plugin does not do.

If it did, new problems pop up: if the merged layer as between same and above, then no light would ever lighten up any above layer tile and no darkness would ever darken any above layer tile. So overhanging objects at night would not be darker, because they're excluded from the layer.

Making two layers isn't a solution either. It would not only double the load for the image drawing process, but two darkness layers would make everything on same layer or below much darker than intended. Sprites that don't have a presence on the above layer would still be affected by the above layer's darkness and thus unnaturally darkened.

TLDR; no way I can imagine it being possible, even if you recode the plugin.

lonewolph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Is there anyway to get this to work with Orange Overlay? (Parallax). The Shadows don't work and give me a error.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
I made a battle results screen for my minigame.. any feedback? :)
Things I thought would never happen but just did: I needed to use my snow shovel. In August. In the Northern Hemisphere.
So I finished Cupcake, now I need to figure out my next project!
Do I pick up one of my incomplete games?
Do I start something entirely new???
The possibilities are endless!
Am I the only one who keeps thinking TPBS means "Turn Press Battle System" and not "Time Progress Battle System?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justindizon