Khas Advanced Lighting v4.2 Ultra (now with real-time shadows!)

KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ddblue Oh, yes! That the same "requestAnimationFrame" thing.

@MikaTeapot ?

UPD. Is anyone interested in hiring a scripter to fix the issue?
I'm ready to spend up to $20-30 on the solution, but I'm afraid it won't be enough :(

I'm getting the bug even after turning all the other plugins off. Not sure what's the issue here.

UPD. I've actually used this plugin before and I didn't get any lags. Just tested the old game of mine, and it's running 60 FPS despite having real-time shadows :(

LAST IMPORTANT UPDATE!
After a few hours of testing, I found the issue. It seems like the plugin has issues with scaled-up images bound to the map. Basically, both normal parallaxes and plugin parallaxes will produce a lag if images are scaled up.

Last edited:

MikaTeapot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I personally gave up on the plugin because of it which was unfortunate. I didn't replace it with anything just changed the couple of dungeons I wanted lighting in.

ddblue

新人
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
LAST IMPORTANT UPDATE!
After a few hours of testing, I found the issue. It seems like the plugin has issues with scaled-up images bound to the map. Basically, both normal parallaxes and plugin parallaxes will produce a lag if images are scaled up.

Interesting. Yeah, now that you mention it my stuff was scaled up.
So if things are shrunk to their regular size, it just works?

KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ddblue Yep. I'm now talking to OcRam in case he could update the MV version of the plugin. Alternatively, I'm gonna have to search for a scripter :)

ddblue

新人
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I showed it to 2 friends (not RPG Maker community folks, though) and they were not able to do anything about it. IF you were able to find someone willing and able to fix it, I would chip some money in for such an endeavor.

Kemezryp

it's me
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would it be possible to decrease the refresh rate of variation change? Preferably permanently on every single event.
I'm trying to make a fireplace that emits light, so I want the variety of light strength in my plugin but the way it currently works makes it look worse than a static light. It's way too epileptic.

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you talking about flickering?

Kemezryp

it's me
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, I called it that way because of how the setting is called in the custom lights.

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think you need to change the code. But Khas has been gone since 2018 so if you absolutely need it to be less epileptic, then you should move to Terrax lighting system or the Community Lighting (this is like a better version of Terrax lighting as a lot of the forum members are working on it) or Ocram's lighting system. Or maybe you can ask someone to make an edit to this plugin.

Last edited:

Kemezryp

it's me
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think you need to change the code. But Khas has been gone since 2018 so if you absolutely need it to be less epileptic, then you should move to Terrax lighting system or the Community Lighting (this is like a better version of Terrax lighting as a lot of the forum members are working on it) or Ocram's lighting system. Or maybe you can ask someone to make an edit to this plugin.
yeah, i read trough the entire topic to check if anyone had the same issue as me. I already looked trough the code but my JS knowledge is too poor to do anything about it. If there was an existing value to change, I'd find it by now.

I did see Terrax's this plugin. It looks nice but Khas' looks better imo. Ocram's also looks pretty neat with all the configuration options and it looks lightweight but I didn't see the shadow options.

In the end, I decided to change all the 'variations' to 0, and add an event with sprite of glow in size of 3x3 beneath the light source with the stepping animation. It looks like fire is now emitting light that varies from time to time, and while it's not as various as the plugin's would be, it looks pretty nice.

Thanks for the info, have a nice day!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We're Vtubers today! :D
treele.jpg
I've updated the background!
My first test playthrough of my game clocked in at 1 hour and 15 minutes. Once the opening and ending are properly implemented, I'd expect a blind playthrough to last around 2 hours.
This time introducing INDIVIDUAL terrain lights feature for upcoming MAJOR UPDATE for all of my MZ plugins.
Some drawing of one of 'Forgotten Eclipse' bosses: The Shifter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradgren