Khas Advanced Lighting v4.2 Ultra (now with real-time shadows!)

Shade Aurion

Shadow Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So glad you remade this for MV. Do you think there is any way you could make this compatible with Hudell's Day and Night plugin because that would make for a powerful combo. Like a certain time of day triggers the ambient light? I'm trying to get them working in conjunction but i'm not having much luck. I hope I do because it becoming dusk or night time and all the lights coming on with add a real level of depth.

Regardless, great work man. I have your Advanced Fog working too and its really great. I'll put them both to great use <3

Khas

Detective lv73
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shade Aurion thank you for the compliments!

Regarding the compatibility, I'm working on an update which should be released very soon. I've already added compatibility with Orange Time System :D

Shade Aurion

Shadow Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sweet! To be honest my project has been redesigned and refined so many times but discovering your script years ago was a turning point. So many useful applications. The idea of having a passage of time and upon dusk all the street lights and braziers turn on adds a damn decent amount of depth. Being able to turn off the passage of time on interior maps and rely on your ambient light effects is brilliant. Great for anything from caves, to dungeons, to factories. I do plan to add weather effects and put your fog effects to work also to really tie it together, but i've followed your work for years man. Its great and thank you :)

As it is now, it seems like having to apply ambient light to maps is part of the problem. It seems to interfere, or rather it just doesn't work or has the day night system from Orange overriding it. If there was a way that a certain time of day, like the one that activates the screen tone difference at dusk would activate the lighting effects and dawn would deactivate it with maps with the time system being turned off (like caves) defaulting to your regular system (adding ambient light to maps and such) that would probably be most effective. I have no idea how i'd even begin to get that working so I appreciate that you're working on a fix man. I appreciate it a lot.

Last edited:

JulianSK

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to attach lights on a parallax background?
For example, leave the light above the moon and the stars, in a way that this light is covered by tiles (example: a mountain) on a map where it would be night?
If there is no way to do it yet, would this be possible in the future?

nothingongoth

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would like to blend in various 'Point light'.
I have a Day/Night Event and in the evening, the light from the windows should (slowly) change, so it gets darker and darker (because the sun outside goes down).
Is this possible?

Khas

Detective lv73
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shade Aurion thanks a lot for the compliments! I really appreciate that :)
The compatibility add-on works great and the update is almost ready to be released. It's just that I have to study a lot (finals week, yay), so I don't have a lot of time right now. But I would say it will be released for public use before middle July.

@JulianSK it's not possible right now, but it's a very good suggestion! I'll see what I can do.

@nothingongoth the lights are always there! What you should do is to slowly decrease ambient light, using a timed plugin command. This way the windows will slowly change.

Shade Aurion

Shadow Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thats fine dude. Thank you for doing it! In the mean time I have a LOT of mapping to do so I can be as patient as necessary. Its worth it for quality scripting from a damn good scripter ;) Don't stress yourself on my behalf, though I appreciate you doing this

Skurge

" (GASP) What's going on!? "
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
What do you think is the easiest method to allow battle fog to operate if the battle begins from a fogy map? I don't want to have battles run off the plugin commands if they are present on a map or not prior to the fight.

I also noticed the fog seems quite dense even when set on rare since the changes you made with these new plugins, is there a way we can alter the fog density further?

Khas

Detective lv73
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Skurge this is the Advanced Lighting thread. Would you mind asking this again on the Advanced Fog one?
Some people may have the same question, so it's better if I answer there.

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry I thought I entered the right forum, i'll ask it over there :)

autophagy

tank nerd
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just thought I'd share this because I found out yesterday: This plugin doesn't seem to be compatible with SRD's Actor Select plugin. Which is...odd to me but I tried disabling a bunch of other plugins and this one was the culprit.

What happened to me was, basically the light plugin worked, but it wouldn't allow me to change the ambient light intensity through plugin commands. Player flashlight didn't work either. It all works now, though, after I removed the other plugin.

Khas

Detective lv73
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@autophagy it's someone else's plugin's fault. I mean, I'm sure my plugin process all the commands correctly.

Could you try placing my plugin before (or after) the others?

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi Khas, I've come across a popup that interupts the game but doesn't crash it or anything. A small window simply comes up saying cannot find fog OFF

The map's note tags are:
[ambient_light 100]

[fog OFF]

i'm not sure what i've done wrong here.

CrazyRandomzZ

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin is amazing! and really easy to add more lighting options. but i do have a question for the pros out there.

As it stand i have implemented a day night system into my game and it works perfectly. night fades in and out and the lights come on and off in outside areas working like a charm (took me ages to get it working mind)

so the question is. in caves i have the lighting enabled all the time because obviously there inst any natural light day or night just candle light that is always on, but in some parts of the cave i have grass patches where the cave opens up above so light should come in. i can toggle a single light in that area on and off depending on time of day, but its ether on or off, is it possible to fade in and out a single light without effecting other lights on the map.

lonewolph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
how do you make the ambient light a specific color?

Gonor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Khas, I've come across a popup that interupts the game but doesn't crash it or anything. A small window simply comes up saying cannot find fog OFF

The map's note tags are:
[ambient_light 100]

[fog OFF]

i'm not sure what i've done wrong here.
I had the same problem. Writing the "off" in small letters solved the problem for me.

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for letting me know, I hadn't of thought of that.

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have uncovered a bug:

I have an event that is using the lighting offset.
For example page 1 has a light offset of
[light yellow]
[light_offset 0 -100]

page two has:
[light red]
[light_offset 0 -100]

When testing, the colours change but dispite the offset markers having the same value they change position. There are different events on the map that do the same thing but different positions, I'm not sure if they are conflicting with each other.

Khas

Detective lv73
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@CrazyRandomzZ it would be possible to do that with several lights with different intensities. Then set each one to a page, which has a switch/variable condition, depending on the day time. This is kind of a hard solution (but it works!), but I will see if I can add something better to the plugin.

@lonewolph an update is on the way, which adds colored ambient light. It will be available soon (probably by the end of the month).

@Skurge thanks for reporting the bug. I'll add this fix to the next update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Dev stream today, come on by and ask questions about rpg maker!
Fun fact: If your story introduces a variety of different races, the "human race" will automatically become the most corrupt race in general.
Finally finished my late start entry for the jam. Now. I. Sleep.
Just made 3 easy, simple and small MZ plugins today(12 hours straight), and I never thought I could ever do this.
Now I feel myself being very productive, even though I know I'm just utterly flattering myself lol
Mind: "I have cool ideas! Let's make it real!

Body: "You wanna make sumthin? I'm in."

Eyes: "Go to sleep, go to sleep."

*Sleep*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmisk