Khas Advanced Lighting v4.2 Ultra (now with real-time shadows!)

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Khas, Apr 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. CrazyRandomzZ

CrazyRandomzZ Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    i have used that way for some fire puts that you light by interacting and it fades out over time to simulate a fire going out. it is a bit tedious to write. but it works.
    Perhaps you could add a variable tag to the intensity. so i can change the intensity between 0-10 and do it that way. that way i can just use if statements at times i want the lights to fade and use progressively lower the intensity to 0 and back to 10 when needed.

I understand this would be tricky because your plugin looks for a comment within an event so the first one it finds it sticks to that. (tried changing the light type within a page using conditional branching. but it only sees one comment.

Ether way no rush :) i still love this plugin Great work!

2. Skurge

Skurge " (GASP) What's going on!? " Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'm struggling hard to adjust custom lighting to vehicles exceeding the standard 48x48 size.
    I've basically used the flash light formula but I can't get the hang of it, can anyone help?
    Here are my resources for reference of what I'm trying to accomplish- Red lights are for behind the vehicle while the white lights project themselves from the car lights.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. jorgewaggoner

jorgewaggoner Designer Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey, if we want to use this in a commercial game where can we pay to use it? I found the VXAce script for sale but not this one.

4. Kilitar

Kilitar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What about read creator post at start of thread?
    "Terms of Use
    Please read the full terms included within the plugin's Help. Basically it's free for non-commercial use and not free for commercial use. You may help me make all my plugins free for commercial use here. Credit to Khas is required."

Khas likes this.
  5. lebroskie

lebroskie Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Is the plugin compatible with mobile builds? I seem to be having a problem, when play testing the lighting works fine, day/night cycle works perfectly, but when I port it to my phone for mobile play testing, the lighting doesn't work at all.

6. jorgewaggoner

jorgewaggoner Designer Member

First Language:
    English
    I did. it says it's not free but it doesn't say where to pay to get the right to use it in a commercial game. I'm not looking to make it free for everyone I just wanted to pay to use it in my game so the paetron thing isn't what I'm looking for. So, rather than being snippy and nitpicky why don't you read the question I actually asked and think of something helpful to say. On the off chance you can't think of something helpful since you are not the programmer this question was directed at here is an alternative: Be polite and quiet.

7. Gonor

Gonor Veteran Veteran

Switzerland (but originally from Germany)
    First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Actually, his reply WAS helpful. Khas prefers to have you become a patron on his patreon if you want to use his plugin commercially instead of an upfront payment. At least that's what he (Khas, the programmer) told me when I asked the same question.
    If you don't want to do that you can always write him a direct message.

And considering the tone of your reply to @Kilitar : I wouldn't be surprised if he kept quiet just due to you being rude...

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    Khas and Kilitar like this.
  8. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    How can I do that? All his patreon tiers are sold out.

Khas likes this.
  9. Gonor

Gonor Veteran Veteran

Switzerland (but originally from Germany)
    First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If all tiers are sold out you can still become a patron.
    Click the "BECOME A PATRON" button and you'll get to a page where you can select the options.
    Right at the top there's a $1.00 option. It doesn't come with any tier rewards an will never sell out it's just to show your support.

10. Emanzi

Emanzi Ekamu Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    I already bought the script for VXA thinking there is no version for MV. I regret not waiting a little longer...

Um... Is it possible to get a refund and then pay for the MV version for a commercial project?

Otherwise this is a great script. Keep up the good work.

11. Khas

Khas Detective lv73 Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Here's the latest update for Advanced Lighting! I've implemented new features and solved some important problems. The full list of changes is below:

* Added "Transfer Reset" parameter
    If ON, the ambient light is reset after every transfer (it will be reset to intensity = 100/white light)

* Added "Auto Battle Lighting" parameter
    If ON, battles will use the same ambient light from map and characters will have lights attached to them!

* Added SetActorLight/SetEnemyLight commands
    These two commands assign lights to actors and enemies, which will be shown during battle.
    Usage:
    SetActorLight ActorID LightID
    SetEnemyLight EnemyID LightID
    ActorID and EnemyID are the IDs of the character (a number)
    LightID is the light identification, like torch or halogen

Example:
    SetActorLight 1 torch
    SetEnemyLight 3 red

* Added size property to lights
    Now lights' sizes can be altered without making changes to their images!
    You may add the size: x parameter to any light's definition (x: integer bigger than 1, default is 100).

* Added [light_size x] command
    You can use the event command [light_size x] to change the light size, x must be an integer bigger than 0, and the default is 100.

* Added two new big lights: halogen_big, torch_big
    These two lights demonstrate the new light size feature.

* Added @requiredAssets tag to default lights
    This fixes the missing files after deploying the game.

* Fixed encrypted project problem
    Encrypted image files now load without any problem.

* Added improved tinting / Added colored ambient light
    Now you can change the color of the ambient light! You can use hexadecimal colors without the # character in any ambient light command, for example [ambient_light 00ff00] for green light.

* Requires KhasGraphics 1.1 (updated)
    My Graphics plugin has been updated to 1.1

* Compatibility add-on with orange time system
    Many of you asked for compatibility with some time system. I asked Hudell and he allowed me to distribute a custom version of his plugin! It's an edited version of OrangeDayAndNight.js and it requires Hudell's time system.

* Fixed offset bug
    The bug where offsets weren't being considered in multiple pages has been fixed.

* Added smooth lights
    You may add lights to any event with the [smooth_light x y] command, where x is the light id, as usual, and y is the change in intensity per each frame. Example:
    [smooth_light torch 5]

* Added ambient light states
    Now you can save ambient light states for loading them later. Usage:
    saveambientlight X
    loadambientlight X [T]
    X is the state's name, it can be anything you want
    T is the time to smoothly load the ambient light (optional)

After substituting the old plugin, please delete and add it again in the Plugin Manager! You may check the updated tutorial to learn about how to use the new features.

Please note that the terms of use have been updated! If you want to use this plugin commercially, please read them here.

@lebroskie Sorry, this plugin requires WebGL and most of mobile devices don't have it enabled for a weird reason. Anyway, mobile support is not a priority of my plugins.

@jorgewaggoner thanks for your patience! I've updated the terms of use of my MV plugins, you may read them here.

@Gonor @Tuomo L I restricted new patrons and my page will be closed very soon. More details are on the way :)

@Emanzi Unfortunately it's not possible, as both are completely different systems and they took a long time to make (plus years of experience in order to be able to do that.

Shade Aurion, Tuomo L and Ally like this.
  12. Skurge

Skurge " (GASP) What's going on!? " Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I look forward to testing these changes to the plugin! I also sent you a pm regarding torch light coordinates as I am struggling to understand them.

I also wanted to let you know I'm happy to pay for the license but at my current state my project is no where near completion/commercial stage at this current moment.

Emanzi likes this.
  13. Emanzi

Emanzi Ekamu Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    That's understandable, besides RPGMV switched to Javascript so I couldn't imagine how difficult it must have been to convert RGSS into saphirescript and get everything working as a plug and play plugin.

Anyway this is still my favorite lighting script and I'm sure its worth the money.

Khas likes this.
  14. Khas

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Skurge I believe I didn't receive your PM. Could you send it again?

@Emanzi thanks! I miss Ruby so much hahah

Real-time shadows on RMMV are coming soon!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    nio kasgami, KermexRPG, Ally and 2 others like this.
  15. PixelHeart

PixelHeart The Pixel Heartist! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    @Khas - hey, may I make a request/sudgestion? Some of us are using upscaled resources in our projects, like Pop! Horror by Vexed, and Time Fantasy. Some of us might like to use your plugin, but might be concerned that the new update (which is awesome!!) which makes it so light/shadow shifts around corners, would clash with the upscaled graphics/tiles. I was wondering if implementing a setting which would conform the shadows to the pixel scale, could be done? Does that make sense? Your lighting plugin is awesome! Thanks for sharing your progress!! :D

16. Kilitar

Kilitar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  17. Khas

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @KaBlooZio do you mean using 32x32 tiles instead of the standard 48x48, for example? I didn't test anything, but it should work fine :)

@Kilitar I'm sorry to hear that! Unfortunately compatibility with old saves is not an option, as it could be buggy and cause performance issues :/

18. Kilitar

Kilitar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yep, it happens :). Can you look at conflict between your new plugin version and
    Hime Change battleback plugin?

http://himeworks.com/2015/11/change-battleback/

If HIME plugin is ON (even with battle light effects turned off..)- screen is totally black. Work fine if I turn HIME plugin off.
    One of my actor has ability to take enemy into spirit world during battle, so that is why I am using HIME plugin.

Also one plea/suggestion. Battle lights in my case are on battler image base. With bigger actors (using 128 pix ones) and enemies it would look better to have light on middle of image instead on bottom base. (maybe one parametter more to plugin command with light offset or attributes bottom/center/top -relative to image size?
    Like SetActorLight ActorID LightID center
    Now, with light beneath legs they have shining boots but heads in darkness :)

19. Khas

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Kilitar thanks for the suggestion, I have added an offset option to battler lights :)

Could you try placing the HIME plugin before my plugin and see if they work as expected?

20. olivergame

olivergame Villager Member

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    hello Khas i have not even try out your mv plugins
    is it also possble to add a shadow of your self Dynamicly? as i already say i have not check it out or even start mv jet
    it wil be really cool if the player and npc have Dynamic Shadows
    i love you work in vx ace maybe its a good idea or i wil use Quasi Dynamic Shadow to get the same goal
    as i think about it maybe i can add the player to be a Dynamic wall to get the same effect

respect to you all