Khas Advanced Lighting v4.2 Ultra (now with real-time shadows!)

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV

When Menu is open, the lights happen to look weird(It happens with the original menu of RPG maker too)

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yo this plugin is no joke. Mad props.

Khas

Detective lv73
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@elpeleq42 oh crap, I didn't notice this before. I'm very busy with school now (finals start on November 21st), so I will look into this later.
Thanks for reporting it!

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@elpeleq42 oh crap, I didn't notice this before. I'm very busy with school now (finals start on November 21st), so I will look into this later.
Thanks for reporting it!
I forgot to say: It ALSO happens if i use a map as menu background, and click New Game. The room's lights bugs when fading out.

TheCosmicSlug

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for reporting it!
Good luck with your finals Khas, love this plugin so much just had to let you know!

TheChilliPL

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polski [Polish]
Does anyone know, how to prevent event from casting shadow? (so light passes through)

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Khas Found ANOTHER bug:
If you use "Lighting Off" command and move to another map, everything turns totally black

(All these bugs are found in 4.2 version)

Last edited:

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The light property "cast_shadows:false" gives me an error "property bitmap null" or somethin' like that :C

Also, Khas I email you about the license :3

Khas

Detective lv73
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for everyone who reported issues with the 4.2 version. I still have one exam this week, so I'll work on this later.
Expect an update on late December/early January :)

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did anyone found a way to fix the light not turning off problem?

Cloud_FFVII

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hello Khas! I'm having an issue with Ultra Lightning (4.2) and QMovement from Quxios (1.6.0)...it works fine but i can't move left or right, only up and down. The error is the following...is there a simple fix or it's too complicated? :(

Attachments

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Khas! I'm having an issue with Ultra Lightning (4.2) and QMovement from Quxios (1.6.0)...it works fine but i can't move left or right, only up and down. The error is the following...is there a simple fix or it's too complicated? :(
i solved it removing "? this._heightMap[x][y] : null" in the part "
Game_Map.prototype.getHeight = function(x, y)"

Cloud_FFVII

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
i solved it removing "? this._heightMap[x][y] : null" in the part "
Game_Map.prototype.getHeight = function(x, y)"
Thank you so much for the quick fix! Now it's working fine, hope there're not other problems hahaha!

4rc4n3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hey there,

I'm having fun with the plugin but I have issues on a map. A worst I'll switch to v3 to remove the shadows, but since it does good work on other maps I would rather get this to work.

I'm experience a rather big ''tearing'' when in game. Here, as you can see, I have no set Regions there so I doubt it's a conflict with that.
You'll also see how basic the events are.

And then, the cuts.

Could someone please tell me what's causing this, and/or how to fix it? Thank you!

Attachments

TenTranVN

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnam
Primarily Uses
RMMV
TypeError
Cannot read property "blendModes' of undefined

Veno

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could someone please tell me what's causing this, and/or how to fix it? Thank you!
This is caused because of how you're doing your region tiles. I had the same issue and it took forever to figure out.

If you want to use shadows for an area, you must region EVERY TILE. The way it checks shadows is to check what regions allow for light around it as well, and when there's no region to define height, things go weird. The empty areas where your lamps are MUST have region ID's assigned.

A light will only ever travel to other tilex with the same group
1-9 are grouped
10-19 are grouped
20-29 are grouped
30-39 are grouped
you get the point

Here's an example of my map:
You have to choose if you want light to hit the walls or not. If you choose yes (like I did below), some corners the light bends at weird spots but looks more realistic - but if you choose no you can have the walls and ceilings on matching for better shadows on corners but looking less realistic.

Okay so

One more important thing to note. I am not using the regions as they are originally intended either. The shadow system was designed based on a height map.
1-9 is first floor
10-19 is second floor
20-29 is third floor
etc

So basically you can have even more realistic and complex shadows if you read the help file and really understand how the shadow system works. I decided to have less complicated shadows to save on development time and follow a Roof/Floor system. Generally I try to separate the roof by one group, but in the example above I have them separated by two groups (because of pure lazyness and not paying attention lol)

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I'd like to ask about the possibility of an additional feature. I'm using AdvancedLighting version 3.2.
Would it be possible to have animations show lighting as long as they're playing? I have a somewhat dark map where animations are played as part of a cutscene, and they look as if they should cast some form of light (one animation is of fire, the other is of a light-based spell). I know there's a feature for setting a region or tile to emit a light, so I thought it might be possible to also give this feature to animations.

Kilitar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I'd like to ask about the possibility of an additional feature. I'm using AdvancedLighting version 3.2.
Would it be possible to have animations show lighting as long as they're playing? I have a somewhat dark map where animations are played as part of a cutscene, and they look as if they should cast some form of light (one animation is of fire, the other is of a light-based spell). I know there's a feature for setting a region or tile to emit a light, so I thought it might be possible to also give this feature to animations.
Well, its really not needed.
Animations are events. Light is showed by using right comments on event page. If comment is not present, event emits no light.
So only thing you need is diferrent approach to event page management :).

I am using something similar as part of my weather system - lightning during storms

Page 1 of event "stormlightning" has no comment, but to make :random: wait between each stormlightning strikes it has random wait script on it, and it is paralel process. When wait is over - event activate selfswitch A on - which result him to go to page 2

Page 2 of this event (activate on selfswitch A on) has comment
[light lightningblue]
[light_shadows off]

And animation is played only on this page 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Potato The game! Few concepts for characters to my game.
Well, well, well, well....Lemme get a look at this fanart.
The Google Play rating for one of my games finally rose above 4.0 after getting review-bombed from a $0 sale. Now the game's sales are doing much better when discounted, so that's nice.
I'm getting close to releasing a demo. Working on formatting my Games in Development post.
I always see a few people asking for C# in next engine and I always thought: Do I not know enough about that language to tell it will affect extensibility and customizability to the negative? Watching a video from SumRndmDde today I feel confirmed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noireoxla