Status
Not open for further replies.

onlyloveezzie<3

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Earlier I asked a question that I figured out that had to do with an actual problem I was having with it's set-up. This is more of a question of curiosity for something a bit more effective and convincing regarding it. I noticed when I was playing my game, when you entered the room that had the script applied to, it would fade to darkness slowly. Personally, I didn't really like that effect because it seemed unrealistic and unconvincing and it set off the mood of the game. Is there a way to make it so when you walk into the room it's already dark, and if so, what is the best way to go about that? If it isn't possible, does anyone have a suggestion on a script I could do this with? My friend Oracle has already tried Victor's script and she couldn't figure it out, and if she can't, then I definitely can't. However I'm open to all suggestions. ^w^

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
there is an option to set the fade time, look at the script again...

onlyloveezzie<3

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
there is an option to set the fade time, look at the script again...
Oh. I'm so sorry. Umm...I'll look over it again, thank you for informing me I missed something. Sorry, sometimes I miss things like that because of my very slight dyslexia.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm gonna look at it too, wait, I don't have Khas on the office so I wasn't able to give a concrete answer...

for now, make sure you run it on parallel instead of auto-run... so that it begins before you see the map... :)

EDIT:

Code:
change_color(time,r,g,b,a)
The first parameter is for time... I'm not sure if setting it to 0 will work, in case it doesn't maybe 1 should suffice

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Here's a medical question for ya: Why do I start lightly coughing after I drink coffee?
Well, someone "reviewed" my game. Didn't credit me anywhere in the video and spent 2 minutes insulting it. Going to ignore that and move on.
To cut down on map lag, I've been researching how to implement a lighting layer as a single map overlay instead of a bunch of individual lights. Hopefully I'll have a screenshot soon!
Imagine having a game broken up into a whole bunch of chapters? Like Chapter 11 should be about the party members going bankrupt.
Over 1/4th of the calendars are already out :eek: Have you already put something to a good use?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TotalNoobAtRpgmaker