onlyloveezzie<3

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was looking into Khas awesome light effects script, and I downloaded her demo thing that has the script and I did everything she did. Hers seems to work and mine doesn't. And it's not just with that one game, I've tried it with a different one as well. I'm positive I've overlooked something, but I need some help figuring out just what I overlooked. I got the script into the game and I read the instructions (knowing me I bet I missed something there. X3) And I followed her steps. I have the light folder all set up, and there is no error that pops up. It's just it doesn't work. It works just fine in her demo though.

Link to script thread: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/4917-khas-awesome-light-effects/?hl=%20khas#39;%20%20awesome%20%20light%20%20effects

Screen Shots for Help.PNG

Capture.PNG

But whenever I start my game, even if I start a new game, this looks just the same as always:

Umm.PNG

Sorry my screen shots are small...Hopefully that isn't a problem...

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Try making your events like the ones in the images.

The lighting effect one will make the room very dark so you will have to change the numbers in the script call to make it the tint you want.

test1.png

test2.png

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think one of those 0 is alpha, so the surface becomes fully transparent...

or, those 0,0,0 are for RGB... which on the case of most tinting layers, that translates to fully transparent/no-color

I suggest you re-check the change_color parameters...

Last edited by a moderator:

onlyloveezzie<3

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think one of those 0 is alpha, so the surface becomes fully transparent...

or, those 0,0,0 are for RGB... which on the case of most tinting layers, that translates to fully transparent/no-color

I suggest you re-check the change_color parameters...

Try making your events like the ones in the images.

The lighting effect one will make the room very dark so you will have to change the numbers in the script call to make it the tint you want.
Thank you both, and 100LittleDreams made me realize my mistake. For the whole...light changing part...I realize what I did, I didn't enter the information in the script part, I put it in a comment. I fixed it. It works now.

Cyanh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I have a question regarding the script of Khas and didn't want to open a new one while there is already one in the forum.

Is it possible of to toggle off the script for certain maps? Like for instance I want a scene to be in black and white (like a flashback), but Khas script turns the grey tone in opacity,

so the screen just goes complete black.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Remember when people had the ability to have meaningful conversations on platforms like twitter or facebook? Good times... Nowadays is absolute crap.
All aboard the Advent calendar train, riding Avery's coattails as an excuse to make more sprites. ;)
Advent2021-01.gif

Get 'em in my thread in General Resources.
I had a dream where it was Friday, and what happened in the dream was irrelevant, because I woke up and it's not Friday, so I'm sad.
edit: third time's the charm? some graphic text I whipped up that I like for the mid-game intertitle, now with all of the actual letters in the stupid damn words I was trying to spell :uswt2:
kcsmall.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pazzow