_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
opacities? Yes this word exists!  :cutesmile:

By the way can't wait to see what you made @Khas! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok, I figured it out

smeros

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's a odd question but, does this work with Theolized SBS?  :distrust:

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You mean having lightings in battle? I don't think so...

Jestereir

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been using this script, and it looks great and all! But, I noticed that when I did a 'Choice' command, the box is affected by the tinting of the screen. ' Show Picture' is also affected by it. 

This is how it appears when I don't have the lights on, but the screen tinted. 

tumblr_nlnu15wnew1uqb6u1o1_1280.png
And this is how it looks like when I have the lights on. 

tumblr_nlnu15wnew1uqb6u1o2_1280.png
As you can see, the choices can barely be seen on the top image-- I plan on having a choice command on one of my maps which is pitch black, so that'll be a problem.

Is it possible to make it so that the picture and the choices box will not be affected by the tint, just like the text box?

Sindaine

Tired Gamerz Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've been using this script, and it looks great and all! But, I noticed that when I did a 'Choice' command, the box is affected by the tinting of the screen. ' Show Picture' is also affected by it. 

This is how it appears when I don't have the lights on, but the screen tinted. 

tumblr_nlnu15wnew1uqb6u1o1_1280.png
And this is how it looks like when I have the lights on. 

tumblr_nlnu15wnew1uqb6u1o2_1280.png
As you can see, the choices can barely be seen on the top image-- I plan on having a choice command on one of my maps which is pitch black, so that'll be a problem.

Is it possible to make it so that the picture and the choices box will not be affected by the tint, just like the text box?

Hi there,

Yes it is possible. If you adjust:

# Z coordinate of the Effect's Surface

Surface_Z = 180

to

# Z coordinate of the Effect's Surface

Surface_Z = 90

or similar it will fix the dimming of the choices. It's line 213 or something in the script. That command controls the "Height" of the lighting or something like that.

Hope it helps,

Sindaine

Jestereir

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Sindaine

Ah, that works, thank you!

Also, I figured out that you can change Surfece_Z = 45 to make the picture unaffected as well.

Khas

Detective lv73
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Jestereir @Sindaine 
The best value for Surface_Z I've found is 50. My new script will be released with this value as default.

ClockworksGod

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm having two problems... First, I'm not sure how to configure my tilesets so that the script knows how to cut the lighting. The other thing is that I have a skill that calls a common event that activates the flashlight effect, but I want it to only stay on for a certain time before going out again. I think I can do that with a timer and the hide command, but I cant get it to work, so I don't think I'm doing it right... help? 

Khas

Detective lv73
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@clockworksgod
Please check the tilesets on the demo, it's very simple to configure them - you just need to use tags.

Can you show a pic of that common event?

ClockworksGod

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is what I've got so far... It turns the flashlight on okay, but it just stays on forever after that. I was trying to figure out how to have it run out after a while. I'm SURE I'm not using that hide command correctly, just not sure how I would correctly use it. 

@>Comment: [light 2]@>Script: l = $game_map.lantern: l.change_owner($game_player): l.set_graphic("torch_m"): l.set_opacity(180,30): l.show@>Conditional Branch: Timer 1 min 0 sec or more@>Script: l = $game_map.lantern: l.hide@>: Branch End@> PS, I found the terrain tags. Now I feel dumb, I should have realized that was what it meant! 

Jestereir

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Khas

Ahh, alright thank you so much, Khas! Thanks for making this great script too uwu

Khas

Detective lv73
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Sindaine

Thank you! :D

@clockworksgod

This conditional branch won't be executed:

Conditional Branch: Timer 1 min 0 sec or more

Try to substitute it by a wait command, something like:

l.show

wait(time)

l.hide

Then you will see that the event works, but the player is frozen while the lantern is lit. Thus, mark the common event as parallel process, requiring a switch to run. Turn off this very switch at the common event's end. After that, create a new common event (which should be called when using the skill), and set it to activate the switch you used before on the previous common event. Everything should work fine then :D

Please let me know if you have any questions!

ClockworksGod

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Khas: That ALMOST works... It turns on the flashlight and it stays on for x amount of time before turning off again, but the problem is that the character is completely immobilized until the time runs out... I wonder if it would work if I were to make the skill apply a state and apply the script to the state instead... Hmmmm.... Any other ideas? 

Edit: Never mind... I don't think I can use a state to call the script. I know there must be a way to make this work... 

Last edited by a moderator:

Khas

Detective lv73
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@clockworksgod

Have you tried what I described? 

1. Mark the common event as parallel process;

2. Mark it to require a switch X to run;

3. Turn off this very switch X at the common event's end;

4. Create a new common event (which should be called when using the skill);

5. Set it to activate the switch X you used before on the previous common event.

ClockworksGod

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Khas: ... Oh my god, I've made a fool of myself. I got too excited about you telling me how to use the wait command that I forgot to read the rest of your post and completely missed that entire paragraph. I'm so sorry. 

But anyway... I tested that with a 300 frame wait time, and it executes okay, but then when it SHOULD turn the light off, it crashes and gives me an error that says:

Script 'Game_Interpreter' line 1411: NameError occurred.undefined local variable or method `l' for #<Game_Interpreter:0xb0201ec>  Any idea what that means? I can try to give you my demo file or take some screenshots of code or something if you'd like to look at it personally. 

Khas

Detective lv73
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@clockworksgod

Oh, I forgot, you need to call:

l = $game_map.lantern

l.hide

Or just:

$game_map.lantern.hide

Calling l.hide alone will give this error.

ClockworksGod

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Khas: Yep, that was it. I probably should have been able to figure that out. But whatever, it works perfectly now! I just want to make it known that I am in love with your script, and it's going to be very helpful in my game. Its a Halloween-themed RPG. I'll be crediting you for the script and for debug assistance. If you're interested, you're more than welcome to see all pre-alpha/alpha/beta builds. If you want to take a look, PM me and I'll be sure to shoot things your way when they're available. 

Also, just wondering, would you like to be credited as "Khas" or something else? 

Khas

Detective lv73
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@clockworksgod

Thanks! I would love to see it, can you send it to my email when available?
Just to let you know, I will be releasing a new lighting script very soon!
Crediting as Khas is fine :D

Jestereir

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Khas

whispers new lighting script? please update this thread when you do!! I really like your scripts ahhh

//rollsbackout

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

yo i made a post but it hasnt really gotten any answers so uhhhh
Finished switching to a new PC. Now I could potentially start working at projects or plugins again if I feel the motivation to do so.
If you don't read the news, you are uninformed. If you read the news, you are misinformed.
Custom slip rates and custom ailment durations for enemies really opens up the floodgates for status effect use. I can have Poison and Time Stop affect bosses without it breaking their balance! Finally, a healthy middle ground.

(Especially after I cooked up a thing that prevents you from re-applying deadly states more than once in specific occassions.)
Voice.gif
The Voice... They usually show up to talk to you about leaving your mark on the world, which is one of the major themes of my game... How will you be remembered by society.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurutami